Round 10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 10

Postby Mickyj » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:16 am

am Bays wrote:watched the 1st half before going off to do a spot of umpiring.

Despite us doing well in the 1st half I thought the eagles were more efficient and we were spending a lot of tickets building our lead.

Wasn't surprised to see the final score but will admit to not being happy about it.

Good coach is Godsy, the Eagles system of play is dependable against 21 blokes who have a crack but don't have the same amount of polish..

I'll be honest I saw the entire two games yesterday
Glenelg were by far the better team for 2 1/2 quarters roughly .
Some time into the third term the Eagles started to play better football resulting in the Glenelg lead dropping down to 7 points .
Now Glenelg may well have been flooding the entire game but they certainly over flooded ( if that's the correct term lol )in the last term .
And the Eagles built a wall in your forward line . Goldsworthy turned in a Hodge like player little things like that .
Co captain Guff putting so much pressure on Glenelg number 13 he was forced to kick the ball over the line ( yes eagle players handballed it over in earlier terms and gave away frees ) Eagles other co captain Thompson showed up Glenelg number 7 issue with taking makes .
Most of this pressure was in the Eagles forward line so much pressure Glenelg faulted .
Honestly Glenelg should not have let this happen
But they did
Umpiring certainly had issues
Not sure what was going on with the umpires the umpires with hair were paying frees the one with less to zero hair paid either no frees to very few frees .
I'm not saying who was at fault but many frees for either team were not frees
And many holds high tackles ect on players for both Eagles and Glenelg were missed
Unrealistic attempts were missed by an umpire a couple of metres away
And holding and throwing players out of marking contests missed again by umpires not far away

But umpires didn't cost Glenelg that game
And why the Eagles can't get started until late in the game is beyond me as well lol
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:09 am

As a neutral supporter at the Bay yesterday the siren did appear to go before the mark was taken.
You always felt like the Eagles would run over Glenelg in that last quarter anyway regardless of that goal.

That was my first game this year but some of the umpiring decisions were bewildering to say the least.
The bald headed ump especially made baffling decisions, even for a nuetral supporter I thought he was terrible.
The other ump I thought was quite good.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:34 am

Look you can all debate the Eagles v Glenelg game all you like but who cares.

Westies won!!!

:lol:
Last edited by Brodlach on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:42 am

Brodlach wrote:We won we won we won!

364 days since our last win

Not a huge shock to me, I won as well, put a few $$ on West before the game
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby matt35 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:19 am

Crowds:

Centrals v Adelaide 2,686

Glenelg v Eagles 2,485

West v North 1,631.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Magellan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:00 pm

cennals05 wrote:Before the game a Crows official took Kris Grant out onto the ground to show him part of the oval that mustn't have been up to their standard. Seriously if you don't like it f$@k off out of the SANFL. No one will miss you.

And fair enough. I mean, how do you expect Scott Thompson's wheelchair to negotiate patches of mud and some uneven turf? Didn't the club get the memo that he needs a ramp installed in the centre square at the Bulldogs' expense?

Plus, the antiquated scoreboard is woefully below standard since it doesn't tell Crows spectators when to applaud, it only tells you what the scores are. Like that's important for a team practising. So very confusing for their players who expect to see the number 19. Expect Eunice, Nigel Smart's 63 year old work experience intern with a passion for knitting and Andrew Mcleod, to ghostwrite a strongly worded submission for Mark Riccuito to the human rights commission this week.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Surely there are enough whinging threads that this doesn't need to become another.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Brodlach wrote:Surely there are enough whinging threads that this doesn't need to become another.

Surely I can have a whinge about Westies being far too good for a cashed-up and under talented North Adelaide?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Magellan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Surely there are enough whinging threads that this doesn't need to become another.

Surely I can have a whinge about Westies being far too good for a cashed-up and under talented North Adelaide?

Yes that is allowed :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:12 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Yes that is allowed :lol:

I'll have to start my own thread then. Hang on, scratch that, I'll need to launch a new website.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:14 pm

matt35 wrote:Crowds:

Centrals v Adelaide 2,686

Glenelg v Eagles 2,485

West v North 1,631.

Did anyone see an official figure for Sturt's trial game last week?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:40 pm

ferret wrote:It all depends on how close you are to the siren and how far away the umpire is from the siren. Sound takes time to travel.
I was there and quite close to the siren, the siren went a split second before Borholm marked it, but I was not surprised the umpire paid the mark as I knew he would hear it slightly after I did.

Doesn't sound travel at 750 miles an hour? That's about 1,200 feet a second. Must be a bloody big oval for it to have any impact on the time you hear it from different parts of the ground.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby MW » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Magellan wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Before the game a Crows official took Kris Grant out onto the ground to show him part of the oval that mustn't have been up to their standard. Seriously if you don't like it f$@k off out of the SANFL. No one will miss you.

And fair enough. I mean, how do you expect Scott Thompson's wheelchair to negotiate patches of mud and some uneven turf? Didn't the club get the memo that he needs a ramp installed in the centre square at the Bulldogs' expense?

Plus, the antiquated scoreboard is woefully below standard since it doesn't tell Crows spectators when to applaud, it only tells you what the scores are. Like that's important for a team practising. So very confusing for their players who expect to see the number 19. Expect Eunice, Nigel Smart's 63 year old work experience intern with a passion for knitting and Andrew Mcleod, to ghostwrite a strongly worded submission for Mark Riccuito to the human rights commission this week.

You mad bro?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby wedgetail » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:55 pm

Thought Glenelg would win at 3/4 time as we were pretty ordinary up to that stage. Then a switch was flicked, to off for Glenelg and on for the Eags. The lack of voice from the Glenelg players was noticeable in the last quarter and it seemed as if they were resigned to losing-quite surprising given their better form this year. Hall, Lewis, Gaffney excellent for the Eags and Jack Hayes returned to form in the last term. McGregor and Boyd will benefit from the run but we are missing Allmonds ball distribution from half-back. Possibly 4 players off our best 21-Petrenko, Allmond, Wundke and Rowntree(?).
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:16 am

wedgetail wrote:Thought Glenelg would win at 3/4 time as we were pretty ordinary up to that stage. Then a switch was flicked, to off for Glenelg and on for the Eags. The lack of voice from the Glenelg players was noticeable in the last quarter and it seemed as if they were resigned to losing-quite surprising given their better form this year. Hall, Lewis, Gaffney excellent for the Eags and Jack Hayes returned to form in the last term. McGregor and Boyd will benefit from the run but we are missing Allmonds ball distribution from half-back. Possibly 4 players off our best 21-Petrenko, Allmond, Wundke and Rowntree(?).

As much as I love Gus and he has been a great servant, I don't know if he is in our best 21 if all are available? I like how we have played a more exciting brand this year with leg speed across the ground, and I think Gus unfortunately is a step back. As painful as that is to admit
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:38 am

Brodlach wrote:Look you can all debate the Eagles v Glenelg game all you like but who cares.

Westies won!!!

:lol:

Hit spell check mate, something went wrong. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:26 am

Booney wrote:Hit spell check mate, something went wrong. :lol:

I'm sure that spelly does occasionally fluff his stats, but should we really punish his mishaps with physical violence?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby another grub » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:22 pm

So we can lock Eagles a for top spot. Clearly the best side in the comp when on thier game (a little rusty at present but getting the job done)

Keen battle for top 3? Nw/port/sturt. Who ever finished 4th is stuffed.

Glenelg/south/ravens to fight out for 5th? Ravens could improve in thd future...

My top 5....
Ea
Po
St
Nw
Rav

Whats your predicted top 5 at this stage?
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 402 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 pm

another grub wrote:So we can lock Eagles a for top spot. Clearly the best side in the comp when on thier game (a little rusty at present but getting the job done)

Glenelg/south/ravens to fight out for 5th? Ravens could improve in thd future...

My top 5....
Ea
Po
St
Nw
Rav

Same if I had to put money on it, but I think the Bays might be a shot at finals action in 2017, replacing Adelaide.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Booney wrote:
another grub wrote:So we can lock Eagles a for top spot. Clearly the best side in the comp when on thier game (a little rusty at present but getting the job done)

My top 5....
Ea
Po
St
Nw
Rav

Same if I had to put money on it, but I think the Bays might be a shot at finals action in 2017, replacing Adelaide.

Yeah, I would agree with that.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL