No votes
SHOC
4%
Unley Mercedes Jets
7%

Total votes : 55

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2017

Postby The Hound » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Hoping the lad form PHOS is going to be okay. Game got held up for a while due to an ambulance being called.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby bandar » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:34 pm

The Hound wrote:Hoping the lad form PHOS is going to be okay. Game got held up for a while due to an ambulance being called.

A really badly broken arm thr coach mentioned it was the worst looking injury he had seen and he's been round the traps for a while. TJ had an op last night season over for him really unfortunate for him as he was having a very good season. More importantly off work an extended period but I am sure the club will help him in any way they can.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:44 pm

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great gutsy win yesterday over an opposition that never gave up
A win at last and off the snide and we won't be the first side since Gepps Cross in 2015 not to win a game in A2/D2

I Wanna be a Broadview Tiger!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby thegrowler » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:32 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A win at last and off the snide and we won't be the first side since Gepps Cross in 2015 not to win a game in A2/D2

Congrats mate and good luck in Div 3 next year
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby locky801 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:53 am

thegrowler wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats mate and good luck in Div 3 next year

Not quite there yet, Saturday may have flicked the switch a bit, couple of new players had an influence which became contagious, never write off an injured fighting tiger ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby thegrowler » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 am

I heard Heintze got 3 at tribunal last night. Perhaps BOP can confirm?

That's a huge blow for Gaza if its true.
thegrowler
Under 16s

Postby bird of prey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:21 am

thegrowler wrote:I heard Heintze got 3 at tribunal last night. Perhaps BOP can confirm?

I can confirm that. A huge blow for us. A disgraceful penalty and decision that was handed down.

It is what it is though. We've got to move on.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:58 am

bird of prey wrote:
thegrowler wrote:I heard Heintze got 3 at tribunal last night. Perhaps BOP can confirm?

I can confirm that. A huge blow for us. A disgraceful penalty and decision that was handed down.

This isn't anything new BOP, as Sass mentioned in the div 1 thread, we had a bloke get 3 weeks for a high tackle (something you would see every single game). Depends who you play for
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby jo172 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:04 am

Footy Smart wrote:
bird of prey wrote:

This isn't anything new BOP, as Sass mentioned in the div 1 thread, we had a bloke get 3 weeks for a high tackle (something you would see every single game). Depends who you play for

Was the "high tackle" otherwise described as "striking" graded as reckless/medium/high?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby bird of prey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:23 am

Footy Smart wrote:
bird of prey wrote:

Neither umpire red carded Heintze for anything. There wasn't even a free kick paid against him for either (umpires right there for both).
An official from 100m away decided to come down and red card him for the 2nd incident.
We then find out after the game that they also then gave him a red for slightly pushing a bloke that was winded (barely a push, more of a guernsey grab) - which only happened because the player took out Heintze after he kicked the ball (and earned an FAD in the process).
Because the other guy came of 2nd best, Heintze became the bully.
The scotch players remonstrating with Heintze had more force and aggression than what Heintze did.
That's what he got the 3 games for. 3 games for that!
bird of prey
Under 18s

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:24 am

jo172 wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:
bird of prey wrote:

Was the "high tackle" otherwise described as "striking" graded as reckless/medium/high?

Im not sure what fanciful definition was used to describe a regulation miss timed tackle, which the player got straight up and took the kick with no ill effect.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby jo172 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:32 am

Footy Smart wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

Im not sure what fanciful definition was used to describe a regulation miss timed tackle, which the player got straight up and took the kick with no ill effect.

So it's fair to say that the Tribunal/reporting body took a different view of the incident to you?

It's not as if the Tribunal saw it as a high tackle and high tackles are ow getting suspensions?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby S Demon » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:33 am

bird of prey wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:
bird of prey wrote:

Neither umpire red carded Heintze for anything. There wasn't even a free kick paid against him for either (umpires right there for both).
An official from 100m away decided to come down and red card him for the 2nd incident.
We then find out after the game that they also then gave him a red for slightly pushing a bloke that was winded (barely a push, more of a guernsey grab) - which only happened because the player took out Heintze after he kicked the ball (and earned an FAD in the process).
The scotch players remonstrating with Heintze had more force and aggression than what Heintze did.

An official from where?? I thought the umpires were the only ones who had red cards? :shock:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:38 am

S Demon wrote:An official from where?? I thought the umpires were the only ones who had red cards? :shock:

The umpires coach i believe..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:40 am

Any league official can report though.

Eg; If Jimmy was at a PNU v TTG game, he could make a report, however he couldn't make a report at a PAOC v anyone game.

Just like Youngy could make a report at any game but an Athelstone game, etc, etc....

I think that's how it works anyway. EM or Jimmy may wish to correct me.

Umpires from previous matches can also report
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby bird of prey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:41 am

Zartan wrote:
S Demon wrote:An official from where?? I thought the umpires were the only ones who had red cards? :shock:

The umpires coach i believe..

Correct
bird of prey
Under 18s

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Any league official can report though.

Eg; If Jimmy was at a PNU v TTG game, he could make a report, however he couldn't make a report at a PAOC v anyone game.

Just like Youngy could make a report at any game but an Athelstone game, etc, etc....

Correct

But I wouldn't do it
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby thegrowler » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Any league official can report though.

Correct

But I wouldn't do it

I fancy Jimmy is more of a report the barman if the cans are not cold enough type operator.

If AFL has taught us anything with officials - more officials is most definitely not better in most cases
thegrowler
Under 16s

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:46 pm

bird of prey wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:
bird of prey wrote:

BOP that is pretty much what I got told happened. It seems to me that unless you have video evidence the tribunal will take the word of the reporting umpire/official and give games. For fairly innocuous matters it's just the luck of the draw as to whether you are reported or not.

My suspiscion is that the tribunal is fairly heavily influenced by the clear and public policy of the league which is to stamp out anything untoward, even if indivdual being reported is dealt with somewhat unfairly.

Gaza will have learnt their lesson and that lesson is that they should have hired AG Criminal Law.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby bird of prey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:03 pm

That's a huge blow for Gaza if its true.[/quote]

It is what it is though. We've got to move on.[/quote]

This isn't anything new BOP, as Sass mentioned in the div 1 thread, we had a bloke get 3 weeks for a high tackle (something you would see every single game). Depends who you play for[/quote]

That's what he got the 3 games for. 3 games for that![/quote]

BOP that is pretty much what I got told happened. It seems to me that unless you have video evidence the tribunal will take the word of the reporting umpire/official and give games. For fairly innocuous matters it's just the luck of the draw as to whether you are reported or not.

My suspiscion is that the tribunal is fairly heavily influenced by the clear and public policy of the league which is to stamp out anything untoward, even if indivdual being reported is dealt with somewhat unfairly.

Gaza will have learnt their lesson and that lesson is that they should have hired AG Criminal Law.[/quote]

Ha. Lesson learnt!

If there was any consistency in penalties, there would've been 50 games handed out in 15 separate incidents in every game played (if that's the sort of crap that they're punishing people for). I was 2m from the "incident" when it happened. I have never in all my footy career seen a punishment dished out for something like that.

What the league has done in stamping out dirty play has been great. Unfortunately along the way there are players that will get completely screwed over.
bird of prey
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League