Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:36 am

Q. wrote:Lakes will finish 9th and play in D7 next year anyway

Yeah I know, but speaking to people around they think heading down to D7 will be what helps save the club - i disagree, i think they need to drop the B grade and play in the C grade divs until they can build an adequate player/supporter base.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:49 am

Zartan wrote:

Yeah I know, but speaking to people around they think heading down to D7 will be what helps save the club - i disagree, i think they need to drop the B grade and play in the C grade divs until they can build an adequate player/supporter base.

Pooraka 3 minute drive
Para Hills 2 minute drive
salisbury west 10 minute drive
ingle farm 9 minute drive

Mawson Lakes will struggle to survive maybe merge with greenacres
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:02 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Mawson Lakes will struggle to survive maybe merge with greenacres

They'll struggle to survive period.

Maybe a merger with SPOS :lol:

A merger with Para Hills would make greater sense though - would be a good fit for both clubs if they could work it out.
Last edited by The Bedge on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am

Zartan wrote:

Keep in mind that if the AdFL expand to 70 teams, next year D7 is likely to be almost 100% A Grade. It really is the new D6.

They'll win some games and build momentum and tick along. D7 will be a healthy place for them.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Mawson Lakes will struggle to survive maybe merge with greenacres

i thought greenacres and be called Green Lakes
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:07 am

morell wrote:Keep in mind that if the AdFL expand to 70 teams, next year D7 is likely to be almost 100% A Grade. It really is the new D6.

They'll win some games and build momentum and tick along. D7 will be a healthy place for them.

If Mawson Lakes were in D7 this season, i have my doubts they'd beat anyone apart from Flinders Uni.. Even Central United & North Pines I could see being too strong for them... that's how much they're struggling.

Add in some extra "A Grade" clubs into the Division, and being the new D6 where they've struggled over previous seasons, I cant see how it's going to be a healthy place for them?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:12 am

Zartan wrote:Hats off to Mawson Lakes B Grade, geez they've got it tough! Don't know if they started with a bench or not, but early in the 2nd quarter to lose their best player (who had casually kicked 3) definitely hurt them greatly, and they were always going to be up against it after that.

Can not be easy coming out each week up against it so much, their first quarter was exceptional though - in fact i think they kicked 3 of the first 5 goals of the match!

They battled all day gallantly though, never dropped their heads, never stopped worked, never gave in. I felt a bit bad we still managed 51 scoring shots - never my intention, and i moved things around so randomly to try and avoid almost a total demolition, and picked a few C graders who missed out on a game with our C grade.

Who ever the ruckman was, he was pretty handy too - given what I saw in the later game, he should definitely be up playing in the A grade - he would take a lot of pressure off Bennett in particular.. he was one of the most dominant rucks i've seen this season in this div.

To the club though, it is by far and away the worst place to play footy. There is zero atmosphere, the change rooms are poor and obviously the line marking needs improving haha... you could a pin drop basically all day - i could hear the cars driving past over any "noise" from the football game or the crowd. Made it very tough viewing - almost felt like a Saturday afternoon relaxing at a local cricket game.

Lot of calls Lakes need to head to D7 - and plenty people who shot that theory down pre-season.. but i actually think it needs to go further, i think Lakes need to do a Smithfield and reduce to one side, build a solid group of players, bring in some fresh, younger blood and start again. Continue to invest in their junior program, and perhaps try and find a partner in UniSA next door or something to work with.

Could almost form a "B grade" out of the older lads and play them in the Masters comp on Sundays so they're still getting a game.

Otherwise they're dying a slow death... time to think outside the box.

It was always going to be hard forming a new club amongst an area with probably more than 12 clubs in a 10km radius and then given the SPOSFC split it was going to be tougher.

To their credit they have survived without being relegated thus far in their history.

Mawson Lakes is the largest susburb in the metropolitan area so perhaps they need to go to the people, get some auskick or a couple of age group teams happening, I've never seen anything at all in the letterbox or at the local shopping centre alluding to the fact that a football club even exists there.

If the local government can inject money into a continually struggling club that has other clubs just minutes away, surely they could inject some money into the Mawson Lakes sporting complex and make it a bit of a sporting mecca amongst all the modern day new houses, schools and shops that surround the area.

The facilities stick out like a sore thumb as you enter Mawson Lakes boulevard, it brings back memories of Radiator Springs after they built the Interstate.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:13 am

Robb_Stark wrote:
Zartan wrote:

i thought greenacres and be called Green Lakes

May aswell stay where they are in that case.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:14 am

Zartan wrote:

A merger with Para Hills would make greater sense though - would be a good fit for both clubs if they could work it out.

I was thinking that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:20 am

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Keep in mind that if the AdFL expand to 70 teams, next year D7 is likely to be almost 100% A Grade. It really is the new D6.

If Mawson Lakes were in D7 this season, i have my doubts they'd beat anyone apart from Flinders Uni.. Even Central United & North Pines I could see being too strong for them... that's how much they're struggling.

Add in some extra "A Grade" clubs into the Division, and being the new D6 where they've struggled over previous seasons, I cant see how it's going to be a healthy place for them?
No way dude, they'd be pushing for a finals spot with St Pauls, AU and us. They've been reasonably competitive in D6 for most of the year.

Huge gap still between D6 and D7...
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Mawson Lakes is the largest susburb in the metropolitan area so perhaps they need to go to the people, get some auskick or a couple of age group teams happening, I've never seen anything at all in the letterbox or at the local shopping centre alluding to the fact that a football club even exists there

3x Jnr sides this year i believe - U9, U10, U11 and AUSKICK.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 am

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Mawson Lakes is the largest susburb in the metropolitan area so perhaps they need to go to the people, get some auskick or a couple of age group teams happening, I've never seen anything at all in the letterbox or at the local shopping centre alluding to the fact that a football club even exists there

Really?

I didn't know, some leaflet drops in the area wouldn't hurt.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:27 am

And...

It just goes to show you that grading and division placements outside of the normal promotion and relegation system should be decided by the Executive.

I would say more but I am on an agreed moratorium.
morell
Coach

Postby zedman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am

Riverland Football League Brahma Lodge Sobels, Joshua Pending 2017-06-25
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Mawson lakes living book I read that all the time could make a add and place in that
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Mawson lakes living book I read that all the time could make a add and place in that

Must get boring, I cover it within a 10 minute poo.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Mawson lakes living book I read that all the time could make a add and place in that

Must get boring, I cover it within a 10 minute poo.

Not the same book silly she brings one out each month
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:38 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Couple of massive games this week, season defining just about..

- Fitzroy v Brahma. If the Lions can reverse the 10 goal result from the first meeting that will go a long way to playing finals. Brahma can look to do the same with a win, but a loss makes things very interesting..

- Ingle Farm v Trinity. Ingle Farm will look to also reverse the first meetings result, and if they do it should also go a long way to locking them into a finals spot. Given they dropped to WC in the first half of the year, these 2 games will be ear marked by them to rectify early season blunders as they make their charge.. These games are always tight affairs, I would say this will be another one of those

Also, if SW can continue its giant killing ways and get a win against Elizabeth, it completely blows the season wide open..

Imagine the ladder if TOS, Fitzroy and SW all get up this weekend!

22 - Pulteney
14 - Ingle Farm
14 - Elizabeth
14 - Brahma Lodge
14 - Fitzroy
------------------------
14 - Trinity OS
12 - West Croydon
12 - Salisbury West
04 - Mawson Lakes
00 - Houghton

:shock: :shock:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Zartan wrote:

They have u8's Side not sure on the others.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Normally its umpire bashing on here but the two umpires we had on the weekend were the best we have had all year. You could ask them about decisions with out getting a smart ass reply or them getting offended. At one stage one umpire admitted that he had made a mistake (said a guy ducked, when 10 minutes before he said head was sacred). He didnt give us a feee kick but at least he was honest enough on the field to admit it. I hope we get these blokes every week.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League