AFL Round 14

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 14

Postby MW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:02 am

Booney wrote:
On Wingard, his transition into the midfield mix has been nothing short of outstanding. In 11 games this year he's averaging 20 disposals ( 8 contested 12 Un ), 1.2 goals, 3.5 tackles, 4.4 I50, 3.1 clearances, 3.9 marks. After kicking 43, 43, 53 and 38 goals in the last 4 years as a small forward he's most certainly a key to our midfield mix from here on in. Still kicking over 1 a game too.

Interestingly Nathan Brown had him in his "worst on ground" list on TripleM
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:06 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:
On Wingard, his transition into the midfield mix has been nothing short of outstanding. In 11 games this year he's averaging 20 disposals ( 8 contested 12 Un ), 1.2 goals, 3.5 tackles, 4.4 I50, 3.1 clearances, 3.9 marks. After kicking 43, 43, 53 and 38 goals in the last 4 years as a small forward he's most certainly a key to our midfield mix from here on in. Still kicking over 1 a game too.

4 centre clearances, 7 tackles, 5 I50's, 1 goal and kept Pendlebury to 11 second half touches after he had had 21 in the first.

4 match reviews I've read ( including afl.com.au ) have him in their best 6 for Port.

Triple M rrrrrrocks football.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:07 am

Booney wrote:Collingwood seriously have nothing forward of centre, doesn't help that they prefer 25 handballs and 9 kicks to get it into the F50, when they do though they've got no targets. If I was Sydney I'd be ringing the Pies and telling them Tippett is theirs and we'll help pay him. They'll be desperate for a key target over the summer. Might not just be the W/L that decides Buckleys fate, if they can't get close to a side only in the top half dozen on their own deck playing a ridiculously labor intensive brand of footy then they might move him on anyway.

Played nicely into Port's hands as Jonas wore Moore like a glove and barely gave him and inch, Hartlett played one if his better games for sometime and while I was critical of White's selection he certainly had an impact on the contest and I wouldn't be surprised if he jags a Brownlow vote on the weekend. Some pace on the outside would have stood out in that dour inside contest.

Ryder again having ( just ) the better of a fellow ruckman in AA calculations, Grundy ok but if some Port's best are Powell-Pepper, Wines and Wingard and Port win then Ryder had the better of the duel.

R.Gray, what more can be said about this guy that hasn't been. He was the difference on Saturday and should have probably had 7 or 8 to his name. Simply a class above the Collingwood defenders who had to go with him. Well, tried too anyway.

Boons best - R.Gray, SPP, White, Wines, Jonas, Hartlett, Ryder

Collingwood will go after Ried I reckon. Brother an all that...

Reid is playing his best footy at the swans at the moment. Really good this past month. But I would highly doubt he'd leave the swans, apparently really happy there
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:08 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

4 centre clearances, 7 tackles, 5 I50's, 1 goal and kept Pendlebury to 11 second half touches after he had had 21 in the first.

4 match reviews I've read ( including afl.com.au ) have him in their best 6 for Port.

The same guy had Hombsch 2nd best on ground
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:17 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:
Booney wrote:On Wingard, his transition into the midfield mix has been nothing short of outstanding. In 11 games this year he's averaging 20 disposals ( 8 contested 12 Un ), 1.2 goals, 3.5 tackles, 4.4 I50, 3.1 clearances, 3.9 marks. After kicking 43, 43, 53 and 38 goals in the last 4 years as a small forward he's most certainly a key to our midfield mix from here on in. Still kicking over 1 a game too.

The same guy had Hombsch 2nd best on ground

And he's getting how many 100's of 1000's to be an expert? Jonas and Hartlett were Port's best defenders, Hombsch barely had anything to do all day.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:18 am

The other guys on the broadcast ripped into him.
The trifecta for Browny was when White got the ball, he mentioned he thought he was retired.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:19 am

MW wrote:The other guys on the broadcast ripped into him.
The trifecta for Browny was when White got the ball, he mentioned he thought he was retired.

:lol:

So he's across the detail then?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:20 am

flog
MW
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:30 am

MW wrote:The other guys on the broadcast ripped into him.

And you gave him a nickname, doesn't deserve one ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:58 am

Booney wrote:Collingwood seriously have nothing forward of centre, doesn't help that they prefer 25 handballs and 9 kicks to get it into the F50, when they do though they've got no targets. If I was Sydney I'd be ringing the Pies and telling them Tippett is theirs and we'll help pay him. They'll be desperate for a key target over the summer. Might not just be the W/L that decides Buckleys fate, if they can't get close to a side only in the top half dozen on their own deck playing a ridiculously labor intensive brand of footy then they might move him on anyway.

Played nicely into Port's hands as Jonas wore Moore like a glove and barely gave him and inch, Hartlett played one if his better games for sometime and while I was critical of White's selection he certainly had an impact on the contest and I wouldn't be surprised if he jags a Brownlow vote on the weekend. Some pace on the outside would have stood out in that dour inside contest.

Ryder again having ( just ) the better of a fellow ruckman in AA calculations, Grundy ok but if some Port's best are Powell-Pepper, Wines and Wingard and Port win then Ryder had the better of the duel.

R.Gray, what more can be said about this guy that hasn't been. He was the difference on Saturday and should have probably had 7 or 8 to his name. Simply a class above the Collingwood defenders who had to go with him. Well, tried too anyway.

Boons best - R.Gray, SPP, White, Wines, Jonas, Hartlett, Ryder
Cluzza deserves a mention. Growing into what Troy Chaplin should've been.

Collingwood are devoid of confidence. They might not have much up forward but there were numerous times where they could've moved the ball quickly to a 1v1 and simply refused to. It was incredible to watch actually.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:06 am

Tommy Clurey is really developing into a no nonsense defender who has some poise with ball in hand and skills to back that up. He's regularly in our top 5 for the 3km time trial so has a motor too. He's taken his opportunity since Alipate Carlile went down last year and Clurey's form late in '16 was enough for the club and Bobby to call time on his career. Without Clurey stepping up I think Carlile would have had to have gone on this year and that wouldn't have been good for us, not the way the modern game is played.

Jonas (189cm / 26 ), Hombsch (194cm / 24 ) and Clurey (193 / 24 ) are the back bone of our defence for the next 10 years and they're already forming a solid partnership down there with DBJ ( 21) and Houston (20 ).

The modern game is all about quick ball movements, attacking hard and scoring quickly, more than ever I think a solid defensive unit is really important.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Will Schofield gets a week for "striking" Clayton Oliver

Houli straight to the tribunal
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby HH3 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:49 pm

I watched this game with someone who umpires in the ammo's, and I asked him about all the newer rules.

I've played a handful of games over the last 3 seasons, (last one was about halfway through 2016) but if the ammo umps have to call what the AFL ones do, I honestly wouldn't last too many games without getting in trouble now.

The big ones are the diving at the legs, the pinning the arm in a tackle and the deliberate out of bounds.

My bread and butter as a back pocket player is the smother, the tackle, and using the boundry when Im trying to clear it.

He told me if I smothered the ball cleanly, but I followed through into his legs, its a free to him. Bullshit.

I know pinning the arms illegal now, but that used to be a textbook tackle. Hold their wrist, they can't handball. A holding the ball free kick every time.

And the boundry ones bullshit. If i kick it halfway down the wing and it goes out, just throw it in.

And don't get me started on them never calling incorrect disposal.

I got so angry watching the AFL the other night I ended up talking to the girls instead of watching it with him.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby stan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Bahahaha Oh dear me.

Seriously that histerical. Image
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:27 pm

According to Melbourne media, Oliver is the toughest kid going around so it's impossible for him to fake likes that.
In saying that, he did actually clip him, but the force should not constitute 1 week when golden boy Joel got a fine for trying to put Mitchells head into the turf.
MW
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:30 pm

MW wrote:According to Melbourne media, Oliver is the toughest kid going around so it's impossible for him to fake likes that.
In saying that, he did actually clip him, but the force should not constitute 1 week when golden boy Joel got a fine for trying to put Mitchells head into the turf.

He'll end up basically missing two games now. Wish he did get a game for the Mitchell incident. At least he'd be fresh and right to go this week.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:07 pm

HH3 wrote:I watched this game with someone who umpires in the ammo's, and I asked him about all the newer rules.

I've played a handful of games over the last 3 seasons, (last one was about halfway through 2016) but if the ammo umps have to call what the AFL ones do, I honestly wouldn't last too many games without getting in trouble now.

The big ones are the diving at the legs, the pinning the arm in a tackle and the deliberate out of bounds.

My bread and butter as a back pocket player is the smother, the tackle, and using the boundry when Im trying to clear it.

He told me if I smothered the ball cleanly, but I followed through into his legs, its a free to him. Bullshit.

I know pinning the arms illegal now, but that used to be a textbook tackle. Hold their wrist, they can't handball. A holding the ball free kick every time.

And the boundry ones bullshit. If i kick it halfway down the wing and it goes out, just throw it in.

And don't get me started on them never calling incorrect disposal.

I got so angry watching the AFL the other night I ended up talking to the girls instead of watching it with him.

None of those rules apply at ammo level
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
MW wrote:According to Melbourne media, Oliver is the toughest kid going around so it's impossible for him to fake likes that.

He'll end up basically missing two games now. Wish he did get a game for the Mitchell incident. At least he'd be fresh and right to go this week.

Isnt Karma just grand :D :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Nick Riewoldt the week before, punches Thompson as hard as he can in the kidneys, Schofield puts an arm to a chest and gets 1.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

I reckon he plays this week there you go.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL