Round 10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 10

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm

If we lose to Centrals this week you can almost rule a line through us.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:40 pm

South must still be a chance. They had a good start but are off the boil. Can not be written off. Norwood goes through cycles so you never know.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Spargo wrote:If we lose to Centrals this week you can almost rule a line through us.

Lose this week and it's bloody difficult. Going to need 10 wins to make the finals as a minimum, 11 to be assured.

Sitting on six wins we have to beat the sides ranked 8-10 ATM in our return fixtures (North, West, Centrals) - two of those three are "away".

We then have to win at least one, preferably two against South/Nwd/Adelaide (four pt games). Two of those three are at the Bay.

Can't see us getting close to Port and Sturt ATM - Port will still be spewing about thinking all they had to do was rock up for the "W" in rd 1.

Confident the boys can "get it done" though
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby another grub » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:54 pm

After watching that last term on Sat i just cant bring myself to put the bays in the 5
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 412 times

Postby wedgetail » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Thought Glenelg would win at 3/4 time as we were pretty ordinary up to that stage. Then a switch was flicked, to off for Glenelg and on for the Eags. The lack of voice from the Glenelg players was noticeable in the last quarter and it seemed as if they were resigned to losing-quite surprising given their better form this year. Hall, Lewis, Gaffney excellent for the Eags and Jack Hayes returned to form in the last term. McGregor and Boyd will benefit from the run but we are missing Allmonds ball distribution from half-back. Possibly 4 players off our best 21-Petrenko, Allmond, Wundke and Rowntree(?).

As much as I love Gus and he has been a great servant, I don't know if he is in our best 21 if all are available? I like how we have played a more exciting brand this year with leg speed across the ground, and I think Gus unfortunately is a step back. As painful as that is to admit

Agree with your comments, hence the (?) next to his name. Don't think we can afford to have 2 'slows' like Lewis and Gus in the same side these days.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:37 pm

am Bays wrote:
Spargo wrote:If we lose to Centrals this week you can almost rule a line through us.

Lose this week and it's bloody difficult. Going to need 10 wins to make the finals as a minimum, 11 to be assured.

Sitting on six wins we have to beat the sides ranked 8-10 ATM in our return fixtures (North, West, Centrals) - two of those three are "away".

We then have to win at least one, preferably two against South/Nwd/Adelaide (four pt games). Two of those three are at the Bay.

Can't see us getting close to Port and Sturt ATM - Port will still be spewing about thinking all they had to do was rock up for the "W" in rd 1.

Going over the last 10 years 10-11 wins has made the 5 in 20 match seasons. South actually made it with 8 wins in 2011. The last 3 years in the 18 match comp 9 wins last year 9 1/2 the previous and 10 wind 2014 has done the trick. South has 3very winnable games coming up leaving it to win 2 from 5 against all the sides above them.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Glenelg midfielder Matt Snook has been offered a two-match ban with an early guilty plea for striking Eagle Jake Comitogianni at Gliderol Stadium on Saturday.
Matt Snook (Glenelg) – Striking
Conduct: Intentional
Impact: Medium
Penalty: 3 Matches (Base Sanction)
Early Plea: 2 Matches
North Adelaide forward Lewis Hender has been offered a $200 fine and reprimand for engaging in rough conduct with West’s Kenneth Karpany at City Mazda Stadium on Saturday.
Lewis Hender (North) – Rough Conduct
Conduct: Careless
Impact: Low
Penalty: 1 Match (Base Sanction)
Early Plea: $200 Fine & Reprimand
Both players have until 10am on Tuesday to decide whether to contest or accept their charge.

There always seems to be a report coming from Eagles/Glenelg matches. Not sure why. I don't remember the Matt Snook incident. Any feedback from those that were there?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:29 pm

goddy11 wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Going over the last 10 years 10-11 wins has made the 5 in 20 match seasons. South actually made it with 8 wins in 2011. The last 3 years in the 18 match comp 9 wins last year 9 1/2 the previous and 10 wind 2014 has done the trick. South has 3very winnable games coming up leaving it to win 2 from 5 against all the sides above them.

We are probably at that stage of the season where we look at the remaining matches for all teams in contention.
Having not done this myself, I can only say that I think clubs need a high amount of wins to make the 5 this year, with West, North and Central dropping most games to sides above them.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby another grub » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:00 pm

The Snook incident probably happened after the full time siren at the jetty bar, umps probably didnt hear the siren and thought the game was still going
another grub
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:45 pm

goddy11 wrote:

As TRB said, North Central and West, in all likelihood, wont win many games (combined they've won as many as the seventh placed South (5)). Going to need 10 games and the last thing we can afford to do is drop games against those three sides if we want to play finals.

Good thing about the boys this years is that we are only haveing one bad qtr a game in the past it has been two to three. The boys are playing more consistent footy.

However losing Snooky this week (in all probability) makes our job a little harder. Snooky should have known better than to touch one of the umpires/SANFLs pets.

Given there propensity for merging and disappearing not surprising the hybrids are on the SANFLs protected species list - don't touch them....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:31 am

saintal wrote:
Noticed Peter Rolfe named in the ressies. Would love to see him play league footy again after a couple of years on the sidelines. Perhaps he'll be ready for the next time we play the Bays.. ;)

With South having had a bye this weekend just gone, Rolfey sliiped out to the Country to have a game for Langhorne Creek in the GSFL to progress his match fitness in his quest to get back to league footy. Played well taking some strong contested marks and slotting through 2 goals from a Forward Flank.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Mickyj » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:23 am

another grub wrote:The Snook incident probably happened after the full time siren at the jetty bar, umps probably didnt hear the siren and thought the game was still going

Which final siren it went twice before the game ended
First one went then 20 seconds later went off again
So which final siren are you talking about
Glenelg must have sound issues the guy on the mic was just garbled Crap
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:32 am

Mickyj wrote:Glenelg must have sound issues the guy on the mic was just garbled Crap

As opposed to posting it...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby another grub » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:29 am

Certainly was a comical day at the bay. Must gave been half a second left on the clock so the timekeeper half blew the siren. The whole daye was a joke
another grub
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:48 am

another grub wrote:So we can lock Eagles a for top spot. Clearly the best side in the comp when on thier game (a little rusty at present but getting the job done)

Keen battle for top 3? Nw/port/sturt. Who ever finished 4th is stuffed.

Glenelg/south/ravens to fight out for 5th? Ravens could improve in thd future...

My top 5....
Ea
Po
St
Nw
Rav

Whats your predicted top 5 at this stage?

Fascinating situation .. I think Eagles, Port and Sturt will fill the top 3 places.

Norwood have been pretty decent this year, but don't have that premiership-ready, drilled look about them yet. If they can develop that then who knows, but at this stage I think they're behind those 3.

Crows need to remain healthy, but if they do they can probably mount a challenge for the top 3 - If they can't, then they likely miss the 5 altogether.

Bays still a good chance if they can deliver their best and South obviously still a chance but that safety net isn't what it was, can't afford to drop many from here.

I'll go:

Eagles
Port
Sturt
Norwood
Glenelg

Premier will be the side that has the least amount of injuries at the right time.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:53 am

Spargo wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Glenelg must have sound issues the guy on the mic was just garbled Crap

As opposed to posting it...

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Hazydog » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:29 am

I get the feeling we conceded realistic chances of playing Finals this year a couple of weeks ago, and have decided to have a look at some Kids for the benefit of next years Coach. That said - we aren't a million miles away and capable of beating the likes of the Bays, North & West at home. Wouldn't say that about any other teams at this point...although the only other home game we have other than those 3 is Port.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby stan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:42 am

Sturt are getting going now and playing good football after a sloe start. I would say as others have as well Eagles, Sturt and Port will make up the top 3.

I reckon Norwood and South will grab 4th and 5th. With Adelaide just missing out. Bays to be maybe 1 game off the 5 at seasons end.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby matt35 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Agree with the majority view that the Eagles, Port, Sturt and Norwood will take the top 4 spots. So it's down to Glenelg, Adelaide and South. South will need to come back from the bye in far better form to stay in touch, especially as they have now lost 3 home games. Adelaide have two very tough games coming up, against Sturt and Port. Meanwhile we are off to Elizabeth this week, where we haven't won since 2008, (but with Centrals not in great shape), followed by a crucial home game against Norwood.

So I'll go with Eagles, Sturt, Port, Norwood and Glenelg.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby therisingblues » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:16 pm

stan wrote:Sturt are getting going now and playing good football after a sloe start. I would say as others have as well Eagles, Sturt and Port will make up the top 3.

I reckon Norwood and South will grab 4th and 5th. With Adelaide just missing out. Bays to be maybe 1 game off the 5 at seasons end.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Come on now, how many injuries did Norwood have when you played us at PMO? We were almost full strength for that game.
Norwood are a very serious chance for third. ATM the only side they can realistically displace would be Sturt. Port are massive with their 4 recruits from last year, throw in Summerton and they are potent at this level, so I cannot see them being dislodged from 2nd.
I would strongly suggest an Eagles, Port, Norwood finish. If Sturt holds things together, and not sustain many more inujuries, AND if our best side can match it with Norwood's, THEN we might be lookign at a top three finish along with the Eagles and the Magpies.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL