6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've issued out warnings before if I think the language is too appalling and within earshot of spectators, especially kids.

Get f**ked!! :lol:

Warning fair enough - word to the player to watch their language would be welcomed.. but reporting a player? That's laughable!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:57 am

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I've issued out warnings before if I think the language is too appalling and within earshot of spectators, especially kids.

Get f**ked!! :lol:

Warning fair enough - word to the player to watch their language would be welcomed.. but reporting a player? That's laughable!

If it's continuous, probably a yellow at worst.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Zartan wrote:

Get f**ked!! [emoji38]

Cricketers get reported and suspended for this....why should footballers be exempt??
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Unless the audible obscenity is directed at someone in particular in a derogatory or threatening way, surely the world we live in isn't that sanitised that a player gets reported for that? Warning would be sufficient as LM said, at most a yellow if its continually occurring..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby oldman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:40 pm

So does constantly threatening to kill a player from an opposition player warrant any sanction? I know this took place at a game on the weekend and was brought to the umpires attention to which they told the player who was the victim to go away and just play football. These were league umpires.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:45 pm

oldman wrote:So does constantly threatening to kill a player from an opposition player warrant any sanction? I know this took place at a game on the weekend and was brought to the umpires attention to which they told the player who was the victim to go away and just play football. These were league umpires.

Maybe the player/captain could've approached the umpires during one of the breaks to bring to their attention.

In other news, will the Blues 'B' grade kick 40 goals this weekend?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:46 pm

oldman wrote:So does constantly threatening to kill a player from an opposition player warrant any sanction? I know this took place at a game on the weekend and was brought to the umpires attention to which they told the player who was the victim to go away and just play football. These were league umpires.

I wonder if an umpire has ever belted a player?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I wonder if an umpire has ever belted a player?

Reckon there would be plenty that have wanted to! :D

I remember refereeing a 1st grade Rugby League match one day, and a fight broke out and i stupidly stepped into it to break it up, and copped a smack in the face for my troubles :lol: :oops:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:42 pm

heater31 wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Get f**ked!! [emoji38]

Cricketers get reported and suspended for this....why should footballers be exempt??

In Adelaide Turf umpires can issue two warnings for foul language, which apply to the team and if there is a third offense, 5 penalty runs apply. Surely umpires in SAAFL could adopt a similar approach. Tell the players before the start of the game they won't tolerate swearing, give them a couple of warnings during the game and if it continues, pay free kicks. If a player keeps giving away free kicks I'm sure his coach and team mates will pull him into line. Shouldn't get to the tribunal unless it turns to abuse.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Little birdy tells me it wasn't so much swearing as it was abusing language directed at an official... more than once and following a warning.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Zartan wrote:Little birdy tells me it wasn't so much swearing as it was abusing language directed at an official... more than once and following a warning.

A very different offence to the way this one was described.. That would warrant a report if it was directed at an official, and on multiple occasions
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:25 pm

Zartan wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:I expect this week we will see 20+ new players come in to Div 6.

I'm gonna see how accurate this guess is - i suspect you will be very close to the mark! :lol:

Might even be under the odds.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby oldman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:25 pm

Zartan wrote:

Maybe the player/captain could've approached the umpires during one of the breaks to bring to their attention.

The answer is absolutely not. Houghton @ Houghton is going to be bloody tough. They have won more games than they have lost and will be aiming to keep their spot in the 5 with a win this weekend. The blues aren't the side they have been in past years and will do very well to come away with the points this weekend.

The real news is how much impact will all the new recruits have to their respective clubs this weekend. Brahma Lodge and Salisbury West are coming for sure will the new players disrupt what the clubs have been building or are the new players simply cream on the cake?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Q. » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:48 pm

oldman wrote:
Zartan wrote:

The answer is absolutely not. Houghton @ Houghton is going to be bloody tough. They have won more games than they have lost and will be aiming to keep their spot in the 5 with a win this weekend. The blues aren't the side they have been in past years and will do very well to come away with the points this weekend.

The real news is how much impact will all the new recruits have to their respective clubs this weekend. Brahma Lodge and Salisbury West are coming for sure will the new players disrupt what the clubs have been building or are the new players simply cream on the cake?

I'll be leaving the sprinklers on all Friday night
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I wonder if an umpire has ever belted a player?

I'm sure it has.
When I was a kid a goal umpire got suspended for slapping someone.

Me.
Which, I'm sure you'd understand.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:11 am

oldman wrote:The answer is absolutely not. Houghton @ Houghton is going to be bloody tough. They have won more games than they have lost and will be aiming to keep their spot in the 5 with a win this weekend. The blues aren't the side they have been in past years and will do very well to come away with the points this weekend.

What absolute waft!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:18 am

oldman wrote:McIntyre will be given the all clear to move to Salisbury West. Both of these moves could line up for their old clubs this weekend.

Well you were kind of on the right track.. just wrong Mcintyre.. and wrong club

Port District Brahma Lodge Mcintyre, Jamie Pending 2017-06-29

Fair pick up, also with Trav apparently rumored to return and play closer to home, are the Tigers half a chance of getting him too?? :shock:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Informer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:19 am

Houghton will struggle to put a full B grade on the park tomorrow, there is no chance they will get within 20 goals
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby The Informer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:21 am

Zartan wrote:
oldman wrote:McIntyre will be given the all clear to move to Salisbury West. Both of these moves could line up for their old clubs this weekend.

Well you were kind of on the right track.. just wrong Mcintyre.. and wrong club

Port District Brahma Lodge Mcintyre, Jamie Pending 2017-06-29

Fair pick up, also with Trav apparently rumored to return and play closer to home, are the Tigers half a chance of getting him too?? :shock:

Not knowing this bloke but wondering will points be a issue, i know early in the year when we played Lodge they played on 14 points back then.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:24 am

The_Informer wrote:Not knowing this bloke but wondering will points be a issue, i know early in the year when we played Lodge they played on 14 points back then.

Would think so? Another 3pts I would think?

Actually did Jamie play at Brahma back when they won their flags? Maybe he's a zero pointer??
Last edited by The Bedge on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League