30%
Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby Yank Man » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:23 pm

whufc wrote:Hopefully it's not the case coz it doesn't reflect greatly on them but is it pure coincidence they have had a long term suspension which also coincides with them having their toughest season (ladder wise) since the sanctions have been lifted.

I hope that's not the case coz the club has made amazing strides in recent years and it would be sad to see a couple ruin it for the rest

Smithfield handled it very professionally, there was no remonstrating from their players. To be fair on the lad he apologised to both the player and our club officials. The hit was late and the fact the Edwardstown player went to hospital with 2 fractures to his face and won't play again this year wouldn't have done him any favours I suspect. He was truly remorseful though just a dumb decision in the heat of the game that he is now paying penance for it. I would be surprised if it had further implications to Smithfield as they have worked very hard on cleaning their act up in recent years. It was in the Reserves and the A grade was played in great spirit considering the result and the pressure that came with it.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby beef » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Congrats to Salisbury legend David "Gus" Mcinnes on playing his 350th game tomorrow. Only the second player at Salisbury to reach 350. Had the pleasure of playing with and coaching him many times. Is the ultimate club man with his kids now playing at Salisbury as well. 4 premierships and a few B&F's. Clearly the best ranga at the club. Also Jay Mansfield and Justin McPherson playing their 250th.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Pag » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:42 pm

beef wrote:Congrats to Salisbury legend David "Gus" Mcinnes on playing his 350th game tomorrow. Only the second player at Salisbury to reach 350. Had the pleasure of playing with and coaching him many times. Is the ultimate club man with his kids now playing at Salisbury as well. 4 premierships and a few B&F's. Clearly the best ranga at the club. Also Jay Mansfield and Justin McPherson playing their 250th.

Clearly.

All three are absolute champions.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby bloods08 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Looks like to have been a big few weeks for Salisbury in the case of milestones. Had 3 maybe 4 of over 200 games when we played them a couple of weeks ago.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:11 pm

SANFL investigates incident at junior football match in which parents traded punches, player hit

PARENTS and spectators at a junior football match ran on to the field and threw punches during an ugly incident at Largs North.

The violence at an under-15s game between Angle Vale and North Haven at Largs North Oval on Friday night began with a fight between players that left an Angle Vale player bleeding from the head.

It is understood parents rushed on to the field after a boundary umpire, who was also an Angle Vale parent, became involved.

The Angle Vale club has defended the umpire, saying he was not an aggressor but was trying to break up the fight.

The violence happened on the “final siren”, according to the SANFL.

The league says its integrity department is investigating, adding reports an Angle Vale player was “knocked out” were false.

SANFL general manager Adam Kelly told the Sunday Mail the league’s first priority was the welfare of the players.

“SANFL staff are working with both clubs to fully investigate this matter and to consider what sanctions may apply, as well as determining whether the matter will be referred to police,” he said.

The SANFL says it is investigating a brawl at an under-15s game between Angle Vale and North Haven.
“We have spoken with both clubs and understand the Angle Vale player who was allegedly knocked to the ground is doing OK.”

The incident was not reported to police on Friday night.

A video of the game will be provided to the SANFL by the clubs and used as evidence.

Angle Vale Football Club president Trevor Spong said one their players came off with “blood streaming from his head” after being hit.

He also confirmed the boundary umpire involved was a parent of an Angle Vale player.

“I’m at the moment trying to understand whether the umpire’s version of events is a true reflection,” he said.

“The video actually shows him in there putting his arms out to keep players away from each other.”

He said both clubs and the SANFL were investigating the incident, and was “confident that on review there is equal blame to share on both sides”.

Bachar responds to four-game ban for punch
“There is evidence to suggest that North Haven were actually the instigators and evidence to suggest that North Haven parents and spectators actually came on to the field and were throwing punches and joined in.”

Mr Spong said no one wanted to see that kind of behaviour in football.

“We don’t want to see kids in junior football pushing, shoving or having any sort of violence towards each other,” he said.

North Haven Football Club secretary David Kolbig said the club had “full confidence the league has the ability to handle this situation in a professional manner”. He would not comment further.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:16 am

Not good. Remember seeing shit like this as a Junior in the SFL but obviously now with more media this gets airtime. Needs to be sorted out!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bloods08 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:18 am

Great win by the Rams at Smithfield today. To fight back after being outclassed in the first half was a credit to the lads. Thanks to the guys for the jugs after the game. Great to see that occurring.

Unfortunately a couple incidents will come back to haunt Smithfield again. Looks like the guy picked the wrong bloke to get as he dominated the 3rd quarter kicking 4 and having a hand in most of the rest.

Sad that a couple of incidents in the last couple of weeks look like they could ruin a club trying to change its reputation.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:37 pm

To everyone at Nth Haven Footy Club. Business as usual and we will welcome you with open arms Saturday for another big game. You're club at senior level in the Adelaide Footy League has been exemplary and whilst the current situation will take time for the heirachy to work through, leave it to them.
It would be nice if we discussed other Footy stuff and left it alone for now. Just saying.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:17 am

Can someone please tell me if the slide in rule is used in SAAFL.
ScubaSteve
Mini-League

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:11 am

ScubaSteve wrote:Can someone please tell me if the slide in rule is used in SAAFL.

Pretty sure it's not.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby S Demon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 am

Q. wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:Can someone please tell me if the slide in rule is used in SAAFL.

Pretty sure it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM7gjb-9BDg&feature=em-upload_owner

10min 26sec mark
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:49 am

S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:

Pretty sure it's not.

10min 26sec mark

Then the Div 6 umps need a bloody refresher course. I reckon I can count 3 times this year I've had my legs taken out like that and the umpire awarded the other bloke a free kick for in-the-back/high.
Q.
Coach

Postby S Demon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:58 am

Q. wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:

Pretty sure it's not.

10min 26sec mark

Then the Div 6 umps need a bloody refresher course. I reckon I can count 3 times this year I've had my legs taken out like that and the umpire awarded the other bloke a free kick for in-the-back/high.

Colin Rowston is very approachable
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:12 am

Q. wrote:I've had my legs taken out

Seen your legs, no mean feat in taking out them stompers - opposition player probably deserves a free kick if he can knock over the man mountain!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:15 am

Zartan wrote:
Q. wrote:I've had my legs taken out

Seen your legs, no mean feat in taking out them stompers - opposition player probably deserves a free kick if he can knock over the man mountain!

Ha!

I've already had one ankle reconstruction from a similar incident. These days, if I see someone sliding in I try to make sure my feet aren't planted.
Q.
Coach

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:27 pm

S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:

Pretty sure it's not.

10min 26sec mark

Thanks for that, was told during Kilburn V North H that it wasn't a rule, one of our blokes got tunnelled standing still and fell on top of the opposition, they called it "in the back". Umpires ruined a pretty good game in my opinion.
ScubaSteve
Mini-League

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:01 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:

Pretty sure it's not.

10min 26sec mark

Thanks for that, was told during Kilburn V North H that it wasn't a rule, one of our blokes got tunnelled standing still and fell on top of the opposition, they called it "in the back". Umpires ruined a pretty good game in my opinion.

Was a good game. North Haven looked after me post game as well. I'm still recovering!
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby bubba love » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:01 pm

Big shrek best on at havens saturday night!
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:52 pm

bubba love wrote:Big shrek best on at havens saturday night!

I see Brumby got amongst it after the game with a bit of..... who's that man with a big red nose!! :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby bubba love » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:01 pm

only for good wins,and saturday was a pretty good win
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park