AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Corona Man wrote:I miss my Foxtel... while I agree with some of the sentiments here re the bounce, it's good Sunday evening, give your brain a break television.

If your missus still has it, use the Foxtel Go app
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Corona Man wrote:I miss my Foxtel... while I agree with some of the sentiments here re the bounce, it's good Sunday evening, give your brain a break television.

If your missus still has it, use the Foxtel Go app

I do from time to time, but it chews up my data allowance.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Yep, still find myself watching it a lot
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Yep, still find myself watching it a lot

I am back to SA this weekend..... US Open golf on..... coincidence, I think not!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:06 pm

Barry Hall looked very uneasy when discussing with Brent Staker the hit on Saker You can tell he is very embarrassed, ashamed and sorry for what he did

Staker is an impressive individual
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Brodlach wrote:Barry Hall looked very uneasy when discussing with Brent Staker the hit on Saker You can tell he is very embarrassed, ashamed and sorry for what he did

I simply can not watch the footy show any more. It's painful.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:51 pm

Only bit I watched, just happened to be on as we flicked past so we watched the interview
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Barry Hall looked very uneasy when discussing with Brent Staker the hit on Saker You can tell he is very embarrassed, ashamed and sorry for what he did

Agreed, I did however flick over just in time to see this little segment.

How impressive was Staker? He accepted that it was Hall who carried the baggage and not him, great way to show as a victim that the incident isn't yours to take owner ship of, in any instance. He accepts he'll always be the bloke Hall smacked, but that is the end of his involvement and he can't change that. Very impressive man.

Hall, to his credit, does indeed take ownership of the incident and it clearly doesn't sit well with him. Bazz certainly has some regret, you can see that in him. His comment "I would like to say this was an isolated incident, but I can't, my career had several of these" was no doubt tough to say as much as it would be tough for Hall to accept. He showed real remorse.

Not often I'll credit Barrett for job well done, but that was 5 captivating minutes of TV. Then I turned it off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:59 am

Stiff shit really, disgraceful act, so he should feel very ashamed and embarrassed.

It pretty much ended Staker's career.

I'm surprised the footy show is still going, I stopped watching it over 10 years ago, 25% footy talk, 75% shit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:01 am

Booney wrote:
carey wrote:

Agreed, I did however flick over just in time to see this little segment.

How impressive was Staker? He accepted that it was Hall who carried the baggage and not him, great way to show as a victim that the incident isn't yours to take owner ship of, in any instance. He accepts he'll always be the bloke Hall smacked, but that is the end of his involvement and he can't change that. Very impressive man.

Hall, to his credit, does indeed take ownership of the incident and it clearly doesn't sit well with him. Bazz certainly has some regret, you can see that in him. His comment "I would like to say this was an isolated incident, but I can't, my career had several of these" was no doubt tough to say as much as it would be tough for Hall to accept. He showed real remorse.

Not often I'll credit Barrett for job well done, but that was 5 captivating minutes of TV. Then I turned it off.

And what paths have each taken since? I think the villain has won out here.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:And what paths have each taken since? I think the villain has won out here.

In a monetary sense, maybe, but who can look at themselves in the mirror?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:21 am

The Front Bar outrated The Footy Show in Melbourne last night.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:39 am

Wedgie wrote:The Front Bar outrated The Footy Show in Melbourne last night.

Of course it did, it doesn't pretend to be a hard hitting footy show, it knows what it is. The Footy Show hasn't been anything for 10 years or more.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:06 pm

I am over the continual stuff up of the names of players in the commentary call. BT was terrible last night, Bruce is so bad he just follows BT. This Basil knob who really grinds my gears called Whitfield Plowman tonight. As far as i know Plowman hasnt played for the Giants all season, reckon he might play on the odd occasion for Carlton.
How do these blokes keep their job, surely this is one of the key components of commentary
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:13 am

daysofourlives wrote:I am over the continual stuff up of the names of players in the commentary call. BT was terrible last night, Bruce is so bad he just follows BT. This Basil knob who really grinds my gears called Whitfield Plowman tonight. As far as i know Plowman hasnt played for the Giants all season, reckon he might play on the odd occasion for Carlton.
How do these blokes keep their job, surely this is one of the key components of commentary

McAvaney calling with BT yesterday, BT said something about "re-set" or the like, Bruce comes in moments later with "Go back and reconfigurate before he has his set shot".

FFS....how the **** does BT not only keep his job, he's also the front man on pretty much every C7 broadcast and the wankers in the Sydney cheer squad mentioned roaming BT on their banner FFS!!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I am over the continual stuff up of the names of players in the commentary call. BT was terrible last night, Bruce is so bad he just follows BT. This Basil knob who really grinds my gears called Whitfield Plowman tonight. As far as i know Plowman hasnt played for the Giants all season, reckon he might play on the odd occasion for Carlton.

McAvaney calling with BT yesterday, BT said something about "re-set" or the like, Bruce comes in moments later with "Go back and reconfigurate before he has his set shot".

FFS....how the **** does BT not only keep his job, he's also the front man on pretty much every C7 broadcast and the wankers in the Sydney cheer squad mentioned roaming BT on their banner FFS!!

Some quality banter ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Some quality banter ;)

Bullshit. They should all be sacked for giving the fat headed flog more air time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:13 pm

360 tonight hammering Collingwood and Buckley. How the hell do the Kangaroos and Scott avoid all this???
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Can't stand that head on stick on Talking Footy. Don't even know who he is,but tries so hard to be heard.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:57 pm

carey wrote:360 tonight hammering Collingwood and Buckley. How the hell do the Kangaroos and Scott avoid all this???

Because they're irrelevant
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL