Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby thegrowler » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:03 pm

oldman wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:How plays finals and who misses out?
Can anyone get within 5 goals of Pulteney?

The top 5 teams atm will be the top 5 at the end of season. The order may change as I reckon Fitzroy are coming big time and Ingle Farm will make a strong run in the back half. Brahma Lodge would be filthy about dropping a game to Salisbury West and that could cost them they double chance.

As for anyone getting within 5 goals of Pulteney of course someone will. It might even be next weekend with Fitzroy the pre season flag favourites starting to show the form everyone was expecting. Elizabeth is the interesting team having smashed all teams until the last 3 weeks. Maybe they have plenty out or maybe they are flat track bullies. Not sure who the coach is at TOS but I do know he is a dead set flog and as for their goal umpire well the league should do something about that bloke it's not even bordering on ridiculous its a disgrace.

I'm told that the abusive tirade yesterday by the above mentioned Trinity coach was nothing short of embarrassing in the final quarter. Was certain I had read that somewhere and it appears it's not the first time.

Not sure if @Zartan was present but would love his thoughts as he seems like a pull no punches type operator.
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:39 pm

ramming23 wrote:Would like to say thank you to the TWO Brahma lads that came in for a beer after the game. Pretty disappointing effort by the rest of them to not pop in considering we had at least 15 stay after the round three game.

Two is not good enough and i apologise for not getting in there myself. The power playing that night meant a fair few headed from our game to that game.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:43 pm

thegrowler wrote:
oldman wrote:

The top 5 teams atm will be the top 5 at the end of season. The order may change as I reckon Fitzroy are coming big time and Ingle Farm will make a strong run in the back half. Brahma Lodge would be filthy about dropping a game to Salisbury West and that could cost them they double chance.

As for anyone getting within 5 goals of Pulteney of course someone will. It might even be next weekend with Fitzroy the pre season flag favourites starting to show the form everyone was expecting. Elizabeth is the interesting team having smashed all teams until the last 3 weeks. Maybe they have plenty out or maybe they are flat track bullies. Not sure who the coach is at TOS but I do know he is a dead set flog and as for their goal umpire well the league should do something about that bloke it's not even bordering on ridiculous its a disgrace.

I'm told that the abusive tirade yesterday by the above mentioned Trinity coach was nothing short of embarrassing in the final quarter. Was certain I had read that somewhere and it appears it's not the first time.

Not sure if @Zartan was present but would love his thoughts as he seems like a pull no punches type operator.

Just on that please don't tell me the TOS goal umpire is who I think it is still?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby ramming23 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:10 pm

The_Informer wrote:
ramming23 wrote:Would like to say thank you to the TWO Brahma lads that came in for a beer after the game. Pretty disappointing effort by the rest of them to not pop in considering we had at least 15 stay after the round three game.

Well we had two less than you from our opposition come in for a beer after the game.
Must say when we played at the lodge they looked after us well with a couple of jugs and hopefully we can return the favour when they play at our ground

Yes they also looked after us when we played out there, will give credit for that no doubt. SW were also great.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:16 pm

thegrowler wrote:memorable labia and the like

Which club is this and where do I sign?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby cossi11 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Sorry mate, I normally make the effort to pop in for a beer at away games but i was going to the footy last night so had to rush off.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby morell » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:10 pm

thegrowler wrote:
morell wrote:Beers after the game is a dying tradition lads. Time to let it go.

Bulldust. I watched a mate play in the early game on the weekend and I'd suggest 3/4 of the team went in for one. I left after one but most of the lads were on their second.

It's a tradition that shouldn't die as it's part of the whole Grassroots footy experience. Maybe i am the exception but I love having a look at opposition clubs, honour boards, memorable labia and the like
Personal anecdotes FTW. Whats next, climate change doesn't exist because you're cold right now?

Its a nice concept but with everyone being so time poor these days, of all the priorities, having a beer with the opposition after the game is a fair way down the list. Perhaps unfortunately.

For mine, I'd have to know someone, or it be a special occasion, otherwise, I am sorry, I've got places to go and people to avoid.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby oldman » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:34 pm

If TOS and Ingle Farm win this weekend the top 5 is set
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby old farmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:55 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:Not the prettiest game at the Farm yesterday, well done to the Tossers for hanging on.
Just like to wish Sam Naylor a speedy and safe recovery from what looked like a broken ankle or lower leg, kids got a heart of gold and hasn't deserved his retched run with injuries over the years.
Can't imagine the feeling Gen and Bill are going through, all the best Sammy.
Will be sorely missed for the rest of the season.

Thanks CC. Sam unfortunately broke 3 of the 5 Metatarsals in his right foot. 2 pointing one direction and 1 pointing the other. pretty close to snapping his foot in half. Surgery today to realign the bones and insert a plate. Not happy about coming off on a stretcher, ruined his reputation he reckons.
anywhere from 2-8 weeks in a cast, so looks like he sits on 99 games for a while.
Maybe we try and turn him into a right footer now with that plate and he might be finally able to kick more than 30m.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:19 am

old farmer wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:Not the prettiest game at the Farm yesterday, well done to the Tossers for hanging on.
Just like to wish Sam Naylor a speedy and safe recovery from what looked like a broken ankle or lower leg, kids got a heart of gold and hasn't deserved his retched run with injuries over the years.
Can't imagine the feeling Gen and Bill are going through, all the best Sammy.
Will be sorely missed for the rest of the season.

Thanks CC. Sam unfortunately broke 3 of the 5 Metatarsals in his right foot. 2 pointing one direction and 1 pointing the other. pretty close to snapping his foot in half. Surgery today to realign the bones and insert a plate. Not happy about coming off on a stretcher, ruined his reputation he reckons.
anywhere from 2-8 weeks in a cast, so looks like he sits on 99 games for a while.
Maybe we try and turn him into a right footer now with that plate and he might be finally able to kick more than 30m.

All the best Sammy, send him my best please Old Farmer, certainly one of the unluckiest blokes when it comes to injuries that's for sure
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 am

ramming23 wrote:
The_Informer wrote:

Well we had two less than you from our opposition come in for a beer after the game.
Must say when we played at the lodge they looked after us well with a couple of jugs and hopefully we can return the favour when they play at our ground

Yes they also looked after us when we played out there, will give credit for that no doubt. SW were also great.

Did Fitzroy let our blokes know they had a couple of jugs on for them?
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:44 am

That's 2 more than your C grade had come into your own clubrooms when we played there back in Rd 3. We had 30 at least
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:58 am

Fitzroy will be without their gun full forward as of now has a appointment on Wednesday
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:02 am

thegrowler wrote:

It's a tradition that shouldn't die as it's part of the whole Grassroots footy experience. Maybe i am the exception but I love having a look at opposition clubs, honour boards, memorable labia and the like

That's some real in-depth work in the opposition rooms there. ^
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Since no one from West Croydon posts on here (that I know), thought i'd stick this up - got to say i'm a little excited and looking forward to it, and the jumper looks fantastic!

Kylee and her daughter Alkira Goldsmith who are of Narungga and Kaurna descent, designed the guernseys which all players will be wearing on the day.
The design tells a story of the Mother Hawk and the hawks nest (in the middle) where her children rest safely whilst she soars the skies, hills and over the seas to teach them that the sky is the limit.

Kylee and Alkira have incorporated symbols to represent West Croydon club values and beliefs such as community and inclusion. They have expressed coming together as one and in unity as a family.

Using the knowledge they have had passed down to them, this design has been dedicated to their late mother and grandmother (nana mum)- Ruth Goldsmith.

WCFC Indig Rd.JPG
WCFC Indig Rd.JPG (63.15 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby beef » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:28 pm

thegrowler wrote:
oldman wrote:

Anyone know what Couzy said? I've enjoyed listening to some of his outbursts in the past
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:16 am

Does anyone have any cigarettes?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby oldman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:38 am

Sounds like my comments about TOS coach being a dead set flog is absolutely correct. People were quick to judge and add shoot that down explaining he was held in high regard coming from higher and more successful clubs than TOS. After the alleged incidents on the weekend I stand by my comments he is a flog.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:53 am

jo172 wrote:Not having a crack at IFFC, I personally think there are compelling arguments for the AAA to be the League Standard (that is it should be the default affiliation agreement with the League).

It's just somewhat telling that we now have a sample size of four clubs who were on AAAs, met League expectations during the period of the AAA, and in the proceeding seasons have players (and/or officials) commit acts which would be in breach of the AAA.

Given the sample size it at least warrants a review as to the conditions clubs being removed from an AAA are managed

I would be in favour of it being a league standard, i'm a big fan of the AAA - I don't think your sample size is necessarily big enough just yet. Granted IF stuffed up at the weekend, but that's an isolated incident over all grades - A/B/C/Womens, perhaps if there is another slip up you'd have reason enough i think.

Putting us in the same bracket as the other clubs who have slipped up at the moment is unfair i think - as i said.. one off incident, will be dealt with from the league accordingly, then by the club following, and we will continue to try and promote and create a positive, strong disciplined club.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:55 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:i heard he got vocal

He's a head coach, he shouldn't be getting vocal and abusive towards and opposition coach - show some ******* decorum!
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League