Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:02 pm

cracka wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Don't say that you'll get called a troll :lol:

Only if the cap fits.

A Carlton supporter who doesn't comment on the Carlton thread, only comments on the Port thread, always negative & usually only when they lose. Yeah I'd say the cap is fitting snugly. :D

I'm not a Port supporter so why would I talk them up?
And I do give credit where it's due........
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:03 pm

It's weird, last week the crows lost, every troll & their dog had something to say. This week, nothing. Last week Port won, nothing, this week Port lose & they're out in force. Then they get upset being labelled a troll. :roll:
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
cracka wrote:
Booney wrote:

Only if the cap fits.

A Carlton supporter who doesn't comment on the Carlton thread, only comments on the Port thread, always negative & usually only when they lose. Yeah I'd say the cap is fitting snugly. :D

My bad, I must have missed that post. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:06 pm

cracka wrote:It's weird, last week the crows lost, every troll & their dog had something to say. This week, nothing. Last week Port won, nothing, this week Port lose & they're out in force. Then they get upset being labelled a troll. :roll:

Mate you try living in Adelaide and not supporting either SA team. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:31 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
cracka wrote:
Booney wrote:

Only if the cap fits.

Why would you give Port credit? Twenty years ago they belted everyone. Now they have two teams and haven't won a flag between them for ten years now. The only thing preventing the return of the tarps is a Geelong legend, a Norwood legend and a painful bean counter who has blinded thousands of viewers who haven't had their second cup of coffee yet with a bald head that outshines Peter Garrett in the outback.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:18 pm

Speaking of shiny heads - that fella who captained Geelong to two premierships after a 44 year drought - where'd he come from? Ironic !
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:10 am

Ruben Carter wrote:Speaking of shiny heads - that fella who captained Geelong to two premierships after a 44 year drought - where'd he come from? Ironic !

Yes that solitary game Harley played for Port Power was the catalyst to Geelong breaking their drought.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Ruben Carter » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:42 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:Speaking of shiny heads - that fella who captained Geelong to two premierships after a 44 year drought - where'd he come from? Ironic !

Yes that solitary game Harley played for Port Power was the catalyst to Geelong breaking their drought.

I agree. Just as irrelevant as where Hinkley and KT started their footy careers.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:25 am

Walkerville.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:28 am

Ruben Carter wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

I agree. Just as irrelevant as where Hinkley and KT started their footy careers.

121 games, a B&F and 6 years as an assistant coach at a club is slightly more relevant than 1 game. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby morell » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:36 am

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:Like literally his speech was very unprofessional. Sounded like someone from fat pizza

Where did you hear that from? Interested in hearing more about it.
I think it was Caroline Wilson on 5aa that said the St Kilda interview went well but they were worried about his image and marketability due his speech style. It's still there at times - youse and aks being prominent - but he's come a long way.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:09 am

morell wrote:
Booney wrote:
morell wrote:Like literally his speech was very unprofessional. Sounded like someone from fat pizza

Where did you hear that from? Interested in hearing more about it.
I think it was Caroline Wilson on 5aa that said the St Kilda interview went well but they were worried about his image and marketability due his speech style. It's still there at times - youse and aks being prominent - but he's come a long way.

There you go Booney.....Caro said it so it must be true :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby morell » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:40 am

Caroline Wilson is an excellent journalist. The best in the business IMO.

She also has a reasonably close relationship with Hinkley.
morell
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:52 am

morell wrote:For example, I would prefer Wingard gets 20 touches, kicks 3 and sets up 3 than his 40 disposal 0 goal game on Saturday - not because I dont think he played well, he did, he was our BoG, but more specifically because we really lack goal kicking threats up forward but aren't at all lacking for midfielders who can find it.

Say Wingard is a 8/10 midfielder, and a 9/10 forward flanker. And Boak is a 7/10 midfielder and a 5/10 forward flanker... 7 + 9 > 8 + 5

This was almost the identical assessment of Dunstall on The Couch last night. Personally I think Dunstall is the most savvy media/commentary person in the business.

Understand both sides of the argument (as another panelist pointed out, Wines, Boak, Ebert. SPP are all similar "bulls", but Wingard in the middle provides the class and creativity), but am inclined to agree with your take Morell.

Was interesting to hear David King's take that Port need Boak back to his best to have a chance at the flag - Real or over-reaction?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:57 am

morell wrote:Caroline Wilson is an excellent journalist. The best in the business IMO.

Not sure if serious......
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:01 am

I like the couch. They dont try and make outlandish statements for the sake of it (i usually watch footy classified straight after which is very different)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby morell » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:08 am

JK wrote:
morell wrote:For example, I would prefer Wingard gets 20 touches, kicks 3 and sets up 3 than his 40 disposal 0 goal game on Saturday - not because I dont think he played well, he did, he was our BoG, but more specifically because we really lack goal kicking threats up forward but aren't at all lacking for midfielders who can find it.

Say Wingard is a 8/10 midfielder, and a 9/10 forward flanker. And Boak is a 7/10 midfielder and a 5/10 forward flanker... 7 + 9 > 8 + 5

This was almost the identical assessment of Dunstall on The Couch last night. Personally I think Dunstall is the most savvy media/commentary person in the business.

Understand both sides of the argument (as another panelist pointed out, Wines, Boak, Ebert. SPP are all similar "bulls", but Wingard in the middle provides the class and creativity), but am inclined to agree with your take Morell.

Was interesting to hear David King's take that Port need Boak back to his best to have a chance at the flag - Real or over-reaction?
I'd agree with the counter argument if Polec and White weren't also part of that rotation. In addition, outside run would be less of an issue if we weren't also playing Westhoff on the wing for most of the game. Yet again, this is another case of the structure of our football side be thrown out by playing people in alternate roles. It doesn't just affect them (they might play well) but it affects the rest of the side as well.

Putting Westhoff forward would not only provide another target and foil for Dixon, but it would free up that wing spot for another runner. Be it Amon when hes back or Broadbent, Hartlett or even Pittard. Drew, Bonner. **** me we've got a bunch of guys that could play on the ******* wing.

Why put one of the few dudes there that can play as a marking forward!? Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We've reinvented the wheel and made a sled. Unfortunately it's not always snowing.
morell
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:10 am

morell wrote:We've reinvented the wheel and made a sled. Unfortunately it's not always snowing.

Morell is really Mick Malthouse? :shock:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby morell » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:10 am

Dutchy wrote:
morell wrote:Caroline Wilson is an excellent journalist. The best in the business IMO.

Not sure if serious......
Not sure if you're serious.

Shes an excellent journalist by every measure other than perhaps the hearts and minds of mouthbreathers on the internet.

In 1989 Wilson became the first woman to win the AFL's gold media award.[3]

She was the winner of the Sunday Age journalist of the year award in 1993.[2]

In 1995 Wilson was the winner of a national RAWARD (now known as the Australian Commercial Radio Awards - ACRA) as best radio current affairs commentator.[2]

Wilson was voted the AFL Players' Association's football writer of the year in 1999.[3]

Wilson is a multiple winner of AFL Media Association awards, including most outstanding football writer and most outstanding feature writer (2000, 2003, 2005).[3]

In 2010, Wilson was presented with an Australian Sports Commission lifetime achievement award for her contribution to sports journalism.[2]

In 2013, Wilson won her first Walkley Awards, sharing the 2013 All Media Coverage of a Major News Event or Issue award and winning outright, the 2013 All Media Commentary, Analysis, Opinion and Critique award. Both awards related to The Age newspaper coverage of the 2013 Essendon Football Club supplements controversy.[4][5]

In March 2014, Wilson received the Graham Perkin Australian Journalist of the Year Award at the Melbourne Press Club's annual Quill awards. This prestigious award was presented to Wilson for her coverage of the Essendon Football Club supplements controversy.[6]
Last edited by morell on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:11 am

JK wrote:
morell wrote:We've reinvented the wheel and made a sled. Unfortunately it's not always snowing.

Morell is really Mick Malthouse? :shock:
Wait, he said that? Far out I thought i was being original and pithy. :(
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL