AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Crap. I deserved that whack.
I'll fall on my sword on that one.

:oops:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Wedgie wrote:The front bar beat the footy show even more convincingly in Melbourne this week in their 2nd clash.

I know people on here bag the Front Bar a bit, but I tape it (we got it at midnight last night!!), and always has quite a few laughs, much more than the Footy Show lately.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:05 am

Dutchy wrote:Getting back on track with Caro and now you mention our ex-chairman JB....

How wrong she was with this article and one of the few times I've heard her say "I was wrong" and apologised.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 1atnf.html

I started reading this (thanks for the link) and realised why I don't read any of her stuff any longer.

Spiteful rubbish that serves no purpose other than to embarrass herself.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:44 am

Anyone see/endure the Footy Show last night? Sammy Newman apparently tight-lipped in sooky-la-la mode, and rumours are the show will get the arse and the end of the year.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/complete-sad-sack-sam-newmans-bizarre-footy-show-appearance-20170720-gxfn7x.html
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:17 pm

No I missed it.
When Sam actually talks footy he is very good to listen too. Just he doesnt do it enough and feels he has a on-air persona to keep up with.
The Footy Show as fellow posters have mentioned has been ordinary for a number of years.
Bec feels the need to scream to try and make something exciting...Hutchy....please. he is as bad as Robbo.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:06 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:No I missed it.
When Sam actually talks footy he is very good to listen too. Just he doesnt do it enough and feels he has a on-air persona to keep up with.
The Footy Show as fellow posters have mentioned has been ordinary for a number of years.
Bec feels the need to scream to try and make something exciting...Hutchy....please. he is as bad as Robbo.

Pity his on-air persona is now that of a cranky old man that needs his bedpan emptied. Used to be sharp and witty 20-odd years ago, I used to enjoy his shtick back then.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Magellan wrote:

Pity his on-air persona is now that of a cranky old man that needs his bedpan emptied. Used to be sharp and witty 20-odd years ago, I used to enjoy his shtick back then.

His witty retorts are the same belittling condescending barbs he used 20 years ago. Nothing has changed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Yeah we keep hearing how generous and kind he is...
Well he put a nail in his friends coffin last night with the footy show...no chance it will survive after this year.
I watched The Front Bar and they took the piss out of everyone and everything, and it was brilliant! Loved it.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 pm

MW wrote:I watched The Front Bar and they took the piss out of everyone and everything, and it was brilliant! Loved it.

Agreed, I'm a fan too. Sam Pang's dry wit is great. They also seem to play a good dose of classic footy video, which is good to see.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Magellan wrote:
MW wrote:I watched The Front Bar and they took the piss out of everyone and everything, and it was brilliant! Loved it.

Agreed, I'm a fan too. Sam Pang's dry wit is great. They also seem to play a good dose of classic footy video, which is good to see.

I think most people would be, bar Mick Molloy who I think is a bit stale, but I've never really been a fan of his.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

His witty retorts are the same belittling condescending barbs he used 20 years ago. Nothing has changed.

Good enough for Basil Fawlty, good enough for me. ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I think most people would be, bar Mick Molloy who I think is a bit stale, but I've never really been a fan of his.

Yeah, Mick's definitely past it, but with the alternative for footy entertainment on Channel 9, then he's up there with Graham Kennedy! ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Collingwood president and former Footy Show Eddie McGuire will reportedly return to his seat in the host chair as Channel Nine get set to shake up the long-running show.

The Herald Sun has reported on Friday afternoon that McGuire will replace Craig Hutchinson as the main host, and will host the show alongside Rebecca Maddern and Sam Newman, who will keep his spot on the desk
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Booney wrote:Collingwood president and former Footy Show Eddie McGuire will reportedly return to his seat in the host chair as Channel Nine get set to shake up the long-running show.

The Herald Sun has reported on Friday afternoon that McGuire will replace Craig Hutchinson as the main host, and will host the show alongside Rebecca Maddern and Sam Newman, who will keep his spot on the desk

Next step is to turf Dave Hughes. Have him on as a bit part person if they need too, but not as a panellist ffs
MW
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:04 pm

That'll be a kick in the guts for that grub Hutchy.
Love it :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Trader » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Thank god Hutchy is gone!
Not enough for me to start watching again, but it's a big step in the right direction!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Booney wrote:Collingwood president and former Footy Show Eddie McGuire will reportedly return to his seat in the host chair as Channel Nine get set to shake up the long-running show.

press conference at MCG at 4pm to announce it
MW
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Trader wrote:Thank god Hutchy is gone!
Not enough for me to start watching again, but it's a big step in the right direction!

Get rid of her as well!
I'm all for a female host or panellist but she needs to be the right one.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Trader wrote:Thank god Hutchy is gone!

And with a slimmer Eddie back on deck, if I do choose to watch it I know I won't have to have a widescreen telly.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:09 pm

MW wrote:

Next step is to turf Dave Hughes. Have him on as a bit part person if they need too, but not as a panellist ffs

Dave Hughes isn't even a comedian FFS!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL