30%
Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:33 pm

I'm sure the key board warriors will be all over this tomorrow.

So what have we learnt from Nth Havens shock loss to Towns.

1) It has been coming for a while, so not a shock

2) Are they still the best team??? Yes no doubt.... BUT..... they have become predictable and are gloating.

3) They absolutely miss Pederson in the mids, he compliments Rowey and Bird but they struggle when Tylor has to go in, he is a very good player but is better suited from a team perspective as go to.

4) Plenty of footy to play yet but we have played them twice and they don't scare us, and we were 7th going in to this game.

Wish them well, looking forward to see if they can finally go up a level.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby bubba love » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Gloating? Mmmm dont think so
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Niiiiiccceee Yank!! Love it! :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:09 pm

bubba love wrote:Gloating? Mmmm dont think so

Plenty of gloa
Yank Man wrote:I'm sure the key board warriors will be all over this tomorrow.

So what have we learnt from Nth Havens shock loss to Towns.

1) It has been coming for a while, so not a shock

2) Are they still the best team??? Yes no doubt.... BUT..... they have become predictable and are gloating.

3) They absolutely miss Pederson in the mids, he compliments Rowey and Bird but they struggle when Tylor has to go in, he is a very good player but is better suited from a team perspective as go to.

4) Plenty of footy to play yet but we have played them twice and they don't scare us, and we were 7th going in to this game.

Wish them well, looking forward to see if they can finally go up a level.

Kyle Parks wants to know if Tom Lipson is still his bitch?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby bubba love » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Yes he is
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:26 pm

I'd suggest bubba love had his 'hands full' with the best full back in Div 4 by a country mile Saturday, he's the new bitch.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Yank Man wrote:I'd suggest bubba love had his 'hands full' with the best full back in Div 4 by a country mile Saturday, he's the new bitch.

Yank Man I am the full back of the century.

I don't play there any more but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't go around throwing out statements like that about full backs without consulting me first. Shows a lack of respect to defensive royalty.

Who is this bloke that you suggest is the best full back anyway?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:01 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
Yank Man wrote:I'd suggest bubba love had his 'hands full' with the best full back in Div 4 by a country mile Saturday, he's the new bitch.

Yank Man I am the full back of the century.

I don't play there any more but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't go around throwing out statements like that about full backs without consulting me first. Shows a lack of respect to defensive royalty.

Who is this bloke that you suggest is the best full back anyway?

Hahaha, 'was' the FB of the century, last time I saw you it was as ruck rotation of the bench. Round 5 at Edwardstown, sure hope you have improved since then. ;)

Michael Curtis is his name, super full back and had 8 goals kicked on in 13 games so far. Kept Webber to zip, bubba to 1, toughest defender in the comp and he is 6 3 plus. There is no better full back in Div 4, back that in.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby bubba love » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Theres a few really good full backs around, bloke from edwardstown is very good though
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:25 pm

bubba love wrote:Theres a few really good full backs around, bloke from edwardstown is very good though

What about the old prick from North Haven.
He's still goes alright at FB.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Still am the fullback of the century and there are still 83 years left in this century. I let SOS have the last one. Young Curtis will need every single one of those years plus some to catch up.

Sometimes as we get older our roles change for the betterment of the team. I'm happy to play my role and contribute to winning games, like the round 5 encounter at the velodrome.

As a legend of the game I do feel obliged to pass my knowledge on so feel free to bring Master Curtis into Kilburn for a lemonade after the game and I'll show you a few photos and share some wisdom.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:28 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
bubba love wrote:Theres a few really good full backs around, bloke from edwardstown is very good though

Which one? :lol:

The one that's playing his 250th this weekend? (so I heard)

or the one that appears to have re-invented himself as a forward that kicked 4 goals last weekend ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Facebook?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby ScubaSteve » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:40 am

Heard that Edwardstown supporters and a player have been reported for racial abuse directed at two kilburn players. Pretty disappointing if that's the case. We don't need that in our game.
ScubaSteve
Mini-League

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby bubba love » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:07 am

That's no good! Was a bloke from hectorville B grade that did the same to one our indigenous lads yesterday, no excuse for it
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby Wilbur » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm

bubba love wrote:That's no good! Was a bloke from hectorville B grade that did the same to one our indigenous lads yesterday, no excuse for it

Geez, as if the scoreboard didn't make them look bad enough...
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm

It would be in everyone's best interest to leave this one alone. She said/ he said if you all get it. It will pan out normally as it does. No need for SA Footy speculation on non facts.

On a lighter note it was great for me personally to finally meet The Big Shrek for the first time, after years of banter back and forth. He gave his all in the ruck, but was obviously carrying injury. Still a gun full back being played out of position. Taking it for the team. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:49 pm

Yank Man wrote:It would be in everyone's best interest to leave this one alone. She said/ he said if you all get it. It will pan out normally as it does. No need for SA Footy speculation on non facts.)

I whole-heartedly agree .
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Yank Man wrote:It would be in everyone's best interest to leave this one alone. She said/ he said if you all get it. It will pan out normally as it does. No need for SA Footy speculation on non facts.

On a lighter note it was great for me personally to finally meet The Big Shrek for the first time, after years of banter back and forth. He gave his all in the ruck, but was obviously carrying injury. Still a gun full back being played out of position. Taking it for the team. ;)

Sorry couldnt hang around for a beer mate but I was no good. Physio fixed up the neck andI prompt;y got pissed. In fact Im still pissed . If anyone can find my phone that would be good
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Now that I've sobered up a bit and found my phone, time for a sensiblish post. Was nice to put a face to the Yank Man name and good to see the Edwardstown boys come in for a beer. It looks likely that we will meet again in the finals.

I understand a report/complaint has/will be made. The umpire spoke to the team manager about it during the game but I'm in the dark as to the details of what's going on. Needless to say we support the guys who had the comments directed at them. Edwardstown seem to me to be a very well run club full of decent people, it shouldn't reflect on them as a club, I'm certain that the overwhelming majority of people there would abhor racism as much as anyone. This certainly isn't an us vs Edwardstown thing.

Unfortunately racism is still a real issue. Sometimes it's overt and sometimes less obvious. I went to the Mundine vs Green fight this year and it was shocking there. I've got a mate who writes for the Advertiser and when he wrote an article about changing the date of Australia Day the comments on social media were atrocious. So despite the fact that when Eddie Betts had a banana thrown at him the public were baying for blood, a lot of the time racist behaviour goes uncondemned/unnoticed by the general public. I've been exposed to it mainly because of my Aboriginal friends through football. If it wasn't for that I'd probably wouldn't be that aware of the extent of it. When someone stands up and calls it out I think it's important to support them. If we don't it can perpetuate the effect of the abuse because not only has the person been abused, but then been disbelieved or ignored.

We've been lucky at Kilburn to have a lot of indegenous players over the years. We've also had Aboriginal rounds in previous years which have been pretty special occassions and great fun to play in. We've had dance and music performances, indegenous food and some language taught to us. One of our A grade players has had a documentary made about him and his work reinvigorating the Kaurna language, it was on tv last week. It made me proud of my club to see the hall full of people after the first dreamtime game at Kilburn learning about Aboriginal culture.

The guys involved in this are very proud of their heritage. We might be having another dreamtime game late this year. If we do I'd encourage everyone to come down it's a great day. Hopefully we can put this behind us in due course and have get on with creating some more good news stories and promote the indegenous culture we are fortunate enough to have.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League