Round 13

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 13

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Maybe maybe not
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Brodlach wrote:This was just tweeted by the Crows

"There was no official complaint on the day and there will not be one made going forward either" ;) ;)

Thank god for that!
We can now all sleep better tonight knowing this. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby JK » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm

According to a West board member on another site there was a complaint made on the day
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:24 pm

JK wrote:According to a West board member on another site there was a complaint made on the day

I don't doubt this at all.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5483 times
Been liked: 5122 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Things might not be as seen

A West Adelaide official said the Crows laid an official complaint, are you calling the West Adelaide official a liar?

I'm not calling anyone a liar

This was just tweeted by the Crows

"There was no official complaint on the day and there will not be one made going forward either" ;) ;)

So they're saying the West Adelaide official was lying. Interesting.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Depends on your definition of official
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2608 times
Been liked: 1848 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:07 pm

WWT too good today and Sturt missed our chances too often.
Umpiring was terrible and baffling at times. The AFL syndrome of dropping the ball in a tackle is creeping into the SANFL pretty heavily now, yet a player with no prior, jumped on by three blokes and driven into the ground is apparently HTB. Don't ask me to explain the "Holding the man" interpretation from today's game or some of the 25m penalties.
Anyway, we'll learn from that loss and it'll give Mattner something to work off for the rest of the year, looking forward to meeting the Weagles in the finals.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:14 pm

MW wrote:Depends on your definition of official

Someone who has a role amongst the club would be my definition.
So was Warren Partland lying or was a West Adelaide official lying or is it the truth? Has to one of those?

As I understand it West made a special mention of it at their presentations backing their people.
Unprofessional from one of the two clubs, it'd be awkward if someone supported both the clubs but I couldn't conceive that considering they play in the same comp.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby matt35 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Think the wording of that tweet probably says it all, there being no "official" complaint. Makes me suspect that someone from the Crows probably got carried away and threatened to lodge one. If that's the case I hope they are pulled in to line by the club. Glad it will go no further. Suspect I'll be able to hear the fence banging at Norwood from Alberton on Saturday regardless.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby goddy11 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:

So was Warren Partland lying or was a West Adelaide official lying or is it the truth? Has to one of those?

As I understand it West made a special mention of it at their presentations backing their "officials".
Unprofessional from one of the two clubs, it's be awkward if someone supported both the clubs but I couldn't conceive that considering they play in the same comp.

or could it be just some-one who was just an annoyed spectator and the cheer squad claimed it was an official.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:28 pm

matt35 wrote:Think the wording of that tweet probably says it all, there being no "official" complaint. Makes me suspect that someone from the Crows probably got carried away and threatened to lodge one. If that's the case I hope they are pulled in to line by the club. Glad it will go no further. Suspect I'll be able to hear the fence banging at Norwood from Alberton on Saturday regardless.

So someone at the Crows needs to be pulled into line and an official at West or Warren Partland lied?
Geezus, what an all round mess of unprofessionalism if that is the case. :?
I'd be asking serious questions if I was involved or followed any of those clubs.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:30 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

As I understand it West made a special mention of it at their presentations backing their "officials".
Unprofessional from one of the two clubs, it's be awkward if someone supported both the clubs but I couldn't conceive that considering they play in the same comp.

or could it be just some-one who was just an annoyed spectator and the cheer squad claimed it was an official.

That doesn't make sense, I doubt West Adelaide or Warren Partland would be that unprofessional, or are you saying they are? Big call mate, hope you are sure of those facts or have a good lawyer.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:

As I understand it West made a special mention of it at their presentations backing their people.
Unprofessional from one of the two clubs, it'd be awkward if someone supported both the clubs but I couldn't conceive that considering they play in the same comp.

I meant definition of 'official complaint'
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:53 pm

Adelaide Crows officials allegedly asked a group of six fans in the West cheer squad to stop banging on the ground’s signs after goals during the Bloods stirring come-from-behind victory.

A West Adelaide official told the Sunday Mail the club was approached by a security guard in the first quarter following the complaint.

“We refused to tell our passionate fans to stop supporting their team and Adelaide then told us they would be making an official complaint to the league,” he said.

Someones lying, surely?

Personally I'd be going with West's version as they have a better history of telling the truth, (4k crowds, only join the SANFL if we get a unanimous vote, etc). I couldn't understand how anyone with integrity could follow the Crows or believe anything they say with their history but each to their own. West Adelaide have my full support on the matter until different facts emerge as they're a proud club with integrity.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Columbo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:09 am

Wedgie wrote:
matt35 wrote:Think the wording of that tweet probably says it all, there being no "official" complaint. Makes me suspect that someone from the Crows probably got carried away and threatened to lodge one. If that's the case I hope they are pulled in to line by the club. Glad it will go no further. Suspect I'll be able to hear the fence banging at Norwood from Alberton on Saturday regardless.

So someone at the Crows needs to be pulled into line and an official at West or Warren Partland lied?
I'd be asking serious questions if I was involved or followed any of those clubs.

At risk of dragging this out anymore than it already has, just wondering where Warren Parland comes in to this?
According to the Sunday Mail he was at Prospect yesterday.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:15 am

Columbo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

At risk of dragging this out anymore than it already has, just wondering where Warren Parland comes in to this?

My mistake, swap Patrick Keam for Warren Partland. It doesn't change anything though, both journos in the paper.
But you're right, Warren Parland doesn't come into it at all, he was never mentioned nor do I know who he is. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:49 am

Columbo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Nevermind, Rucci to the rescue this morning with his 2 cents
MW
Coach

Postby wedgetail » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 am

Pleasantly surprised by the result yesterday, I thought Sturt would be too good. Well done to the hearty souls who braved the weather in the outer. A shame the weather intervened as probably kept quite a few spectators away and affected the skills of the players. Interestingly a few Eagles players said the ball was more sticky than slippery in the conditions. Youngsters like Rowlands, Sinor, West and Westbrook continue to stand up and against a good Sturt midfield. Interesting dilemma for Godden with Borholm due back soon but West performing so well in the ruck, given his preference for only using one ruckman this year. I've no doubt 'Cutterman' that Mattner will use the loss to good effect in September, he has proven it once already!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:55 am

wedgetail wrote:Pleasantly surprised by the result yesterday, I thought Sturt would be too good. Well done to the hearty souls who braved the weather in the outer. A shame the weather intervened as probably kept quite a few spectators away and affected the skills of the players. Interestingly a few Eagles players said the ball was more sticky than slippery in the conditions. Youngsters like Rowlands, Sinor, West and Westbrook continue to stand up and against a good Sturt midfield. Interesting dilemma for Godden with Borholm due back soon but West performing so well in the ruck, given his preference for only using one ruckman this year. I've no doubt 'Cutterman' that Mattner will use the loss to good effect in September, he has proven it once already!

I agree wedgetail with a lot of what you said
I braved the outer yes the weather would have kept fans away . We wondered why in Gods name ( no pun lol ) the SANFL would program yesterday's game on a Sunday that was wet while Saturday was dry .
Saying that like most who honestly thought a largely undermanned Eagles side could beat a full strength Sturt
I put my hand up I thought the Eagles stood a snowballs chance in hell .
But I think Goddens playing more juniors in the seconds is paying dividends.
West honestly was not a priority pick but I'm glad eagles did get him
Johansen was not a priority pick up but I'm glad eagles got him to return home
Playing our Young players is working getting under 18s to play seconds is working out for the Eagles league side

But honestly 2016 every game against Sturt including the GF Sturt had more shots on goal excluding the GF they didn't kick straight
Move to 2017 Eagles v Sturt . Sturt again have more shots on goal round 1 Sturt kicked 1 goal 17 after quarter time . Yesterday Sturt had 8 shots on goal
In the first quarter to zip nada nothing
Yet the Eagles came back from the death so to say and kicked straight
Godden just needs to work on kicking more goals perhaps Wundke back may help or playing Bomber up forward

We eagle fans we see it unfold
Five games left to play four games clear who'd have thought that for the Eagles this year
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:28 am

Wedgie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

That doesn't make sense, I doubt West Adelaide or Warren Partland would be that unprofessional, or are you saying they are? Big call mate, hope you are sure of those facts or have a good lawyer.

Sure of the facts, no. I wasn't there. But it sounds a storm in a teacup. Poor form by the Crows if true but is this the biggest issue in SANFL?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL