Round 13

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 13

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:28 am

daysofourlives wrote:Im going to my first game at Elizabeth for god knows how long, reckon the last time was to watch Johnny Platten pre Hawthorn days. I Should be one of the record breakers for the lowest crowd ever, something to cherish.
Centrals wouldnt be getting punished for the yes vote still would they up against the Power at the same time?

Thought I saw you in a pic from the weekend.
How was the reunion?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby JK » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:36 am

goddy11 wrote:Sure of the facts, no. I wasn't there. But it sounds a storm in a teacup. Poor form by the Crows if true but is this the biggest issue in SANFL?

Very relevant to the biggest issue. Funny reading forum's and Adelaidenow, where Crow supporters (many of whom I suspect are poorly masking their embarrassment), just deflect from the preciousness of their club.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:41 am

MW wrote:Depends on your definition of official

So what's your actual take on the issue? You keep pooh-poohing it but haven't stated anything in regards to why you think it's sus.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 am

Mickyj wrote: We wondered why in Gods name ( no pun lol ) the SANFL would program yesterday's game on a Sunday that was wet while Saturday was dry .

If you have the ability to predict which days of a July weekend are going to be wet, from as early as the preceding December when the fixtures are set, then give the Bureau of Meteorology a call. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:45 am

Pseudo wrote:
Mickyj wrote: We wondered why in Gods name ( no pun lol ) the SANFL would program yesterday's game on a Sunday that was wet while Saturday was dry .

If you have the ability to predict which days of a July weekend are going to be wet, from as early as the preceding December when the fixtures are set, then give the Bureau of Meteorology a call. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

Typical SANFL. I can't believe they don't employ Lennox Walker to help draft the fixture. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:46 am

Magellan wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Typical SANFL. I can't believe they don't employ Lennox Walker to help draft the fixture. ;)

Keith Martin was involved but he retired last year
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Magellan wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

They used Yanet Garcia, that weather girl from Mexico!

If she said it was snowing in Darwin I'd believe her....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Seeing your taking the piss out of me guess following Glenelg you need any type of laugh
Why did they program that game apart
And not the centrals v reserves clash would have made more sense for those reserves fans to travel
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Mickyj, This was the perfect day to program a top of the table clash (weather aside). In normal circumstance it would have drawn a big crowd. We can not program in direct competition with our local AFL. Interesting what the PA v Doggies clash drew Saturday in completion to Power game.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Seeing your taking the piss out of me guess following Glenelg you need any type of laugh
And not the centrals v reserves clash would have made more sense for those reserves fans to travel

id suggest your club requested it, Sunday makes sense being away from both local AFL games and provides an opportunity to attract people committed to local footy and neutrals...should be a lot more Sunday SANFL footy IMO
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:13 pm

am Bays wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

They used Yanet Garcia, that weather girl from Mexico!

If she said it was snowing in Darwin I'd believe her....

Ken Ell! She's ******* hot tomale mate. Nice find.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:14 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Im going to my first game at Elizabeth for god knows how long, reckon the last time was to watch Johnny Platten pre Hawthorn days. I Should be one of the record breakers for the lowest crowd ever, something to cherish.
Centrals wouldnt be getting punished for the yes vote still would they up against the Power at the same time?

Thought I saw you in a pic from the weekend.
How was the reunion?

Was a fantastic day organised by Pickles. Had 20 there, hoping to become a annual event. Had quite a few of the Salisbury guys there which is something the new club has lacked. Looking forward to the Buddha Jarman roast in November
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Mickyj » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

id suggest your club requested it, Sunday makes sense being away from both local AFL games and provides an opportunity to attract people committed to local footy and neutrals...should be a lot more Sunday SANFL footy IMO

Neither of us can prove or disprove that
I did whoever complain to a high up when the Eagles faced Port the same day that Port were playing in the AFL in Adelaide or it was adelaide
Answer I was given the SANFL programs the games that's who decides when they are played

So I guess they are saying your wrong Dutchy
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Good lord...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:30 pm

goddy11 wrote:Sure of the facts, no. I wasn't there. But it sounds a storm in a teacup. Poor form by the Crows if true but is this the biggest issue in SANFL?

No it is not the biggest issue in the SANFL, but it must be the most embarrassing one for the Crows ATM, hence so many of their supporters are saying "move along folks, nothing to see here!"
Just on that point of what is the biggest issue in the SANFL, that would definitely be the inclusion of reserves sides in the SANFL seniors. Let's not overtake this thread with the No AFL in the SANFL message however, Crows don't like to hear that one either.
Anyway, seeing as the side that has caused the biggest issue in the SANFL ATM is currently experiencing their most embarrassing, I don't see why we should shy away from highlighting it as much as possible.
Fans cheering too loudly! What next? People standing on the terraces?
I read in today's rag that it was one of the Crow's supporters that complained to their club about the noise. A Crows official then went to Westies and took it further. I am amazed that a football supporter would complain about the other side supporting, even more amazed that a club official would take such a complaint seriously, and flabbergasted that they would threaten further action when affronted with reality.
Very brave of them to back away from their actions in light of the public backlash.
Onya Westies!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm

therisingblues wrote:

No it is not the biggest issue in the SANFL, but it must be the most embarrassing one for the Crows ATM, hence so many of their supporters are saying "move along folks, nothing to see here!"
Just on that point of what is the biggest issue in the SANFL, that would definitely be the inclusion of reserves sides in the SANFL seniors. Let's not overtake this thread with the No AFL in the SANFL message however, Crows don't like to hear that one either.
Anyway, seeing as the side that has caused the biggest issue in the SANFL ATM is currently experiencing their most embarrassing, I don't see why we should shy away from highlighting it as much as possible.
Fans cheering too loudly! What next? People standing on the terraces?
I read in today's rag that it was one of the Crow's supporters that complained to their club about the noise. A Crows official then went to Westies and took it further. I am amazed that a football supporter would complain about the other side supporting, even more amazed that a club official would take such a complaint seriously, and flabbergasted that they would threaten further action when affronted with reality.
Very brave of them to back away from their actions in light of the public backlash.
Onya Westies!

Very embarrassing, but it's no surprise. If the game was played yesterday the Bloods would've copped a complaint over the inclemency of the weather.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:12 pm

More like the Crows would have been blamed for the inclement weather...
fair dinkum, find another punching bag champion.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 pm

MW wrote:More like the Crows would have been blamed for the inclement weather...
fair dinkum, find another punching bag champion.

Why are you so defensive about this?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Not defensive, just find it amusing the Crows are a constant punching bag for middle aged/elderly men who don't even attend the SANFL anymore out of spite, to tee off on.
It doesn't affect me in the slightest as I'm able to support both West in the SANFL and Crows in AFL.
It doesn't concern me at all if someone didn't like banging on a fence.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:26 pm

MW wrote:Not defensive, just find it amusing the Crows are a constant punching bag for middle aged/elderly men who don't even attend the SANFL anymore out of spite, to tee off on.
It doesn't affect me in the slightest as I'm able to support both West in the SANFL and Crows in AFL.
It doesn't concern me at all if someone didn't like banging on a fence.

It does seem to concern you, as you've posted several times about it and defended the Crows.
You keep telling people this is a non-event or non-fact and haven't provided an alternative angle.

I was willing to believe that there might've been a bit less to this story than people were suggesting, but it seems someone did make a complaint about it. Whether there was ever a suggestion of a formal complaint, that's another story.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL