Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby old farmer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Edwardstown well run and under control.What a crock.Last yr our laddies supporters were abused.Our runner was the subject of serious verbal vilification and two of our players were racially abused and nothing was done.

Houghton played Edwardstown last year? :? ;)

Nothing like getting the story from someone who was there... :lol:
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:49 pm

old farmer wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Edwardstown well run and under control.What a crock.Last yr our laddies supporters were abused.Our runner was the subject of serious verbal vilification and two of our players were racially abused and nothing was done.

i was posting on behalf of people from Pooraka football club who are currently still at the club and had to put up with the abuse last year racial slurs and sexual eundo..But a complaint was made and nothing ever happen guess going to the media will get results against a golden child club spoon fed into this league
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
old farmer wrote:
Zartan wrote:

i was posting on behalf of people from Pooraka football club who are currently still at the club and had to put up with the abuse last year racial slurs and sexual eundo..But a complaint was made and nothing ever happen guess going to the media will get results against a golden child club spoon fed into this league

Nothing like posting on behalf of people! Do these people want you to post on their behalf?

I'd be very surprised if a complaint was not acted upon. You just may not know the outcome.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:39 pm

I hope this forum can concentrate on the last 4 rounds Shrek. Stressful enough on both clubs, more importantly the players.
Last edited by Yank Man on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Pag » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:05 pm

I've never experienced any issues with Towns and look forward to hosting them this week, hopefully the issues that have been raised will be sorted ASAP between the two clubs involved and the league.

On Shrek's point around Jack Buckskin, he is an amazing guy and does a hell of a lot for the Indigenous community. I've used resources in my classroom that Jack has put together around Indigenous Studies, he's also come out to schools under various hats and is a great role model for Indigenous people, and the youth especially. Can't speak higher of the guy.
Last edited by Pag on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Pag wrote:I've never experienced any issues with Towns and look forward to hosting them this week, hopefully the issues that have been raised will be sorted ASSP between the two clubs involved and the league.

On Shrek's point around Jack Buckskin, he is an amazing guy and does a hell of a lot for the Indigenous community. I've used resources in my classroom that Jack has put together around Indigenous Studies, he's also come out to schools under various hats and is a great role model for Indigenous people, and the youth especially. Can't speak higher of the guy.

I can assure you Pag that our club will journey to Salisbury on Saturday and will look forward to the challenge. Great chance to renew the competitiveness we have developed in the last 2 years in all grades. You can expect nothing less than the professional club we are contrary to what some people believe. Bring it on.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby bubba love » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:56 am

Looks like EP have lost the 2 points for the game where they played luke harder, wrong permits filled out i was told
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Robran » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 am

bubba love wrote:Looks like EP have lost the 2 points for the game where they played luke harder, wrong permits filled out i was told

Was told exactly the same thing this morning.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby scottroo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:26 am

100% true

Morphie Parks now second
Ep third

Gepps Cross given the win and jump to 5th on 14 points
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 am

Points deducted from other sides in other divs for similar issues ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby bubba love » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:05 am

Have heard unley mercedes did the same thing
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Pag » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:11 pm

scottroo wrote:100% true

Morphie Parks now second
Ep third

Gepps Cross given the win and jump to 5th with 14pts

This puts a fair dent in the rest of the comp fighting for 5th. Gepps kissed on the dick in the biggest way.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:22 pm

How the SAAFL can take points from a team for playing a bloke that had a permit which was APPROVED is an absolute joke!!! It easily could have been turned down and this wouldn't be happening.. Not only taking the points from us, but awarding them to gepps cross in a game they LOST???? The SAAFL have made the wrong decision 100% here and it's going to have a massive impact on the ladder come the end of the season!! Take our home games, take our points, do whatever it takes to make sure we do it as hard as possible but it's only made the lads hungrier and with lots to prove.. well done gepps X on being gifted in this situation, well played!!!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:53 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:How the SAAFL can take points from a team for playing a bloke that had a permit which was APPROVED is an absolute joke!!! It easily could have been turned down and this wouldn't be happening.. Not only taking the points from us, but awarding them to gepps cross in a game they LOST???? The SAAFL have made the wrong decision 100% here and it's going to have a massive impact on the ladder come the end of the season!! Take our home games, take our points, do whatever it takes to make sure we do it as hard as possible but it's only made the lads hungrier and with lots to prove.. well done gepps X on being gifted in this situation, well played!!!

Wasn't one of the permits that the Club pushed through themselves before the League took control of them again?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby bloods08 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Not the best way to get a win but we will take it and we need it at the moment.

I reckon there should be a blanket no clearances after June 30 (not even permits) except if a lad gets dropped from his SANFL club.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:47 pm

The permit was approved by both leagues that's why I don't understand how they can even consider doing this.. gepps cross has obviously spat the dummy and now get points for a game they didn't even win? It's a joke!!!! And how you can sit here saying your happy to take a win any way you can, even under these ridiculous circumstances just shows the character of your football club
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:32 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:The permit was approved by both leagues that's why I don't understand how they can even consider doing this.. gepps cross has obviously spat the dummy and now get points for a game they didn't even win? It's a joke!!!! And how you can sit here saying your happy to take a win any way you can, even under these ridiculous circumstances just shows the character of your football club

No, it doesn't.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:02 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:The permit was approved by both leagues that's why I don't understand how they can even consider doing this.. gepps cross has obviously spat the dummy and now get points for a game they didn't even win? It's a joke!!!! And how you can sit here saying your happy to take a win any way you can, even under these ridiculous circumstances just shows the character of your football club

I don't believe it was initiated by Gepps Cross, it was a league investigation I understand, Gepps Cross have just been the fortunate beneficiaries.

Your anger is probably unfairly misdirected in this case, best to direct it at the decision makers if the wrong call has been made.

Then again, the responsibility has always been with the club to ensure players they field are fully qualified and entitled to play. My own club had a situation many years ago where we had a player cleared from a league club, play a number of games and then a club in the country claim he was still registered to them. The league had permitted him to be cleared and play to that point, and it had been a clerical error on the part of the SFL and Port Adelaide, yet we had the results of 6 games awarded against us, dropped out of the finals as a result and missed out on winning a 3rd premiership in succession (made up for it the following season though), because it was our responsibility to check that all rules had been followed.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby TIRED TIGER » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Pag wrote:
scottroo wrote:100% true

Morphie Parks now second
Ep third

Gepps Cross given the win and jump to 5th with 14pts

This puts a fair dent in the rest of the comp fighting for 5th. Gepps kissed on the dick in the biggest way.

Seeming they lost by 3 points and Harder kicked a goal I'd say justice prevails.he shouldn't have been able to play regardless.
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Big Red Nose » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Is it possible an email was tampered with to look like the permit was approved ?
The redder it grows the more he knows
Big Red Nose
Mini-League

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League