6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Q. wrote:Hearing Fitzroy a-grade coach has walked, frustrated at certain players not wanting to play a's

This is becoming an all too familiar occurrence with clubs and coaches parting ways in season. Is that 4 this year now? :shock:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Q. wrote:Hearing Fitzroy a-grade coach has walked, frustrated at certain players not wanting to play a's

could understand if the B grade were actually good
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby old farmer » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:
oldman wrote:Interesting end to the game at Rowe park today........ possibly some creative goal umpiring in the final moments. Unfortunately it was a young lad thrown into that role. I must say I'm surprised that there is no age restriction for goal umpires?

Surely you must be over 18 to umpire an A grade game?

At what Div do you have league supplied goal umpires?

The young lad that did our goal umpiring yesterday was 15. He was only filling in for our regular goal umpire who was away for the weekend. He was in tears in the change rooms for a good 20 minutes after the game as the pressure of the decision and the fact he was called a cheat took it's toll.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Well done Pulteney, you brought a kid to tears. Could you possibly make everyone hate you even more lol
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Q. wrote:Well done Pulteney, you brought a kid to tears. Could you possibly make everyone hate you even more lol

Boundarys I get but there is always pressure on the goal line. I realise also the difficulty in getting volunteers but if you throw a 15 year person into that role in what was probably the biggest clash of the season then??????
We are going in to round 16 and plenty is on the line for a lot of clubs.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby whufc » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Not that a kid should have been upset but tend to agree there should be a minimal age for goal umpiring in a grade footy
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Q. wrote:Well done Pulteney, you brought a kid to tears. Could you possibly make everyone hate you even more lol

Boundarys I get but there is always pressure on the goal line. I realise also the difficulty in getting volunteers but if you throw a 15 year person into that role in what was probably the biggest clash of the season then??????

I agree boundary have less pressure and as a flow on effect get accused of alleged cheating less. Goal Umpiring is quite technical as you need to position yourself amongst bodies, goal posts and the ball being kicked at you.

only way to solve this problem is to get yourself into the higher divisions so they are league supplied and you don't have to rely on volunteers to get the job done.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:02 pm

heater31 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

I agree boundary have less pressure and as a flow on effect get accused of alleged cheating less. Goal Umpiring is quite technical as you need to position yourself amongst bodies, goal posts and the ball being kicked at you.

only way to solve this problem is to get yourself into the higher divisions so they are league supplied and you don't have to rely on volunteers to get the job done.

It certainly takes the pressure off clubs higher up for sure. In Div 4 we supply goal umps and boundaries for the B's. We had 2 panel umps do the C's yesterday which was good. They both went off and did an A grade game elsewhere after. Can't wait for the day all grades can get league umps for all areas, but I guess we need to play a part in that development as clubs for now.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby redyellow&blue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Not sure who you are hearing from, but he gave you wrong information.
Attachments
Expression of Interest.pdf
(316.7 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:16 pm

old farmer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
oldman wrote:Interesting end to the game at Rowe park today........ possibly some creative goal umpiring in the final moments. Unfortunately it was a young lad thrown into that role. I must say I'm surprised that there is no age restriction for goal umpires?

Surely you must be over 18 to umpire an A grade game?

At what Div do you have league supplied goal umpires?

The young lad that did our goal umpiring yesterday was 15. He was only filling in for our regular goal umpire who was away for the weekend. He was in tears in the change rooms for a good 20 minutes after the game as the pressure of the decision and the fact he was called a cheat took it's toll.

The kid should have never been put in that place in by the club.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Was naively under the assumption all umps in senior games (field/boundary/goals) were league supplied.

Is my short term memory failing me or was this not the case in D7 last year?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:28 pm

jo172 wrote:Was naively under the assumption all umps in senior games (field/boundary/goals) were league supplied.

Is my short term memory failing me or was this not the case in D7 last year?
Only for finals
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:

So a-grade coach is seeing out the rest of the season?
Q.
Coach

Postby The Informer » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:38 pm

redyellow&blue wrote:

Maybe he heard it from your own Facebook page?

To all Fitzroy members, players and supporters.

As of today, Matthew Gallarello has elected not to continue as Head Coach of the Fitzroy Football Club. We thank Matt for all his time and effort over the past 2 years whilst at Fitzroy, and wish him all the best going into the future.

For the remainder of Season 2017, Anthony Lennon will be Caretaker Head Coach and ask that all members, players and supporters give Anthony their full support. Senior Players Corey Wheadon and Paul Partridge will be Caretaker coaches of the Reserves. We also Ask everyone to provide their support.

Applications for A grade and Reserves grade coaching positions are now open. C Grade and U18s will follow soon. To apply or register your interest, please forward your coaching resume to Talal.Kayal@bigpond.com or call on 0404064097.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby redyellow&blue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Q. wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:

Maybe I didn't clarify it when i said you had been given wrong information in relation to what you "heard".

"Hearing Fitzroy a-grade coach has walked, frustrated at certain players not wanting to play a's"

Yes, Coach has parted ways, but not for the reason you cited.

so, as stated, you've been given wrong information.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby old farmer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:33 am

whufc wrote:Not that a kid should have been upset but tend to agree there should be a minimal age for goal umpiring in a grade footy

The 15 year old in question has applied to join Adelaide Footy League as a goal umpire. We had another 15 year old that helped out in the C Grade join the league as a goal umpire earlier this year and has been umpiring senior men's and women's men's games. So if they can join the leagues umpiring ranks at 15 then I have no problem using them. FWIW, he normally shares the boundary duties in the A Grade with the lad that done it yesterday and we have an adult goal umpire as a regular. He was away this weekend. And it's not like we don't see dispute over goal decisions on a weekly basis with older goal umpires. And with some goal umpires that other clubs have, I have no problem with our boys and he done a great job yesterday. He will probably need to get a bit thicker skinned if He wants to go down the umpiring path.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:33 am

thick skin is needed when you venture to ingle farm
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby beef » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:38 am

old farmer wrote:
whufc wrote:Not that a kid should have been upset but tend to agree there should be a minimal age for goal umpiring in a grade footy

The 15 year old in question has applied to join Adelaide Footy League as a goal umpire. We had another 15 year old that helped out in the C Grade join the league as a goal umpire earlier this year and has been umpiring senior men's and women's men's games. So if they can join the leagues umpiring ranks at 15 then I have no problem using them. FWIW, he normally shares the boundary duties in the A Grade with the lad that done it yesterday and we have an adult goal umpire as a regular. He was away this weekend. And it's not like we don't see dispute over goal decisions on a weekly basis with older goal umpires. And with some goal umpires that other clubs have, I have no problem with our boys and he done a great job yesterday. He will probably need to get a bit thicker skinned if He wants to go down the umpiring path.

Best goal umpire i ever had at salisbury was probably 13/14 years old. With a last name like Capogreco he always called it by the book. Don't remember him ever being in tears after the game, in fact was probably our leading goal kicker a few times.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 am

old farmer wrote:

For the record - the League appointed Field Umpire consulted with the lad at the time, who confirmed he was 100% sure of the right call - and the field umpire had no reason to overturn it - so "all clear" - well played by all concerned. Clearly Pulteney would have been annoyed and upset, but that's football.
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 am

redyellow&blue wrote:
Q. wrote:
redyellow&blue wrote:

Maybe I didn't clarify it when i said you had been given wrong information in relation to what you "heard".

"Hearing Fitzroy a-grade coach has walked, frustrated at certain players not wanting to play a's"

Yes, Coach has parted ways, but not for the reason you cited.

so, as stated, you've been given wrong information.

What are the correct reasons?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League