6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby morell » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:51 am

I'll be a bit against the grain here ... unlike me I know.

I reckon 15 is old enough to be a goal umpire. Whilst I would never condone abuse and I feel for him, it's a great life lesson that he's learnt and will hold him in good stead in the future.

My advise would be - back him in, pony up and put him there again.

Like falling off a bike, for a terrible analogy.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:07 am

Would like to unreservedly, wholeheartedly apologise for my behavior Sat night, and for my stupid, disrespectful and insensitive posts.

I'm sorry to anyone that I may have offended, and in particular the Pulteney FC who didn't deserve that, and i'm extremely disappointed and embarrassed by my actions.

I'm also sorry to the IFFC for any unwanted attention it placed on the club, and any poor public perception it received as a result.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:13 am

Zartan wrote:Would like to unreservedly, wholeheartedly apologise for my behavior Sat night, and for my stupid, disrespectful and insensitive posts.

I'm sorry to anyone that I may have offended, and in particular the Pulteney FC who didn't deserve that, and i'm extremely disappointed and embarrassed by my actions.

I'm also sorry to the IFFC for any unwanted attention it placed on the club, and any poor public perception it received as a result.
You've changed man.
morell
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:23 am

Zartan wrote:Would like to unreservedly, wholeheartedly apologise for my behavior Sat night, and for my stupid, disrespectful and insensitive posts.

Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby cossi11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:25 am

Rather interesting outcome to a goal umpiring decision in our game on the weekend.

Brahma Lodge had a shot at goal and I wasn't in line with it but it did look like a point from where I was but the goal umpire gave it a goal (wasn't the BLFC goal umpire, so either league or ML goal umpire). The field umpire who was not in control of the play, who appeared to be more in line with the kick from the middle of the ground blew his whistle and ran in and overruled the decision to give it a goal. The field umpire that was in the forward 50 then blew his whistle and said 'you can't overrule from there' and then reversed it. It looked like he overruled an overrule haha

Later on I heard that apparently the field umpire in the forward 50 asked the goal umpire what his decision was and he said something like 'he said it is a point so i'll give it a point' to which the umpire responded, 'no what was your decision' and he said 'I thought it was a goal' so the umpire paid the all clear.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:57 am

cossi11 wrote:Rather interesting outcome to a goal umpiring decision in our game on the weekend.

Brahma Lodge had a shot at goal and I wasn't in line with it but it did look like a point from where I was but the goal umpire gave it a goal (wasn't the BLFC goal umpire, so either league or ML goal umpire). The field umpire who was not in control of the play, who appeared to be more in line with the kick from the middle of the ground blew his whistle and ran in and overruled the decision to give it a goal. The field umpire that was in the forward 50 then blew his whistle and said 'you can't overrule from there' and then reversed it. It looked like he overruled an overrule haha

Later on I heard that apparently the field umpire in the forward 50 asked the goal umpire what his decision was and he said something like 'he said it is a point so i'll give it a point' to which the umpire responded, 'no what was your decision' and he said 'I thought it was a goal' so the umpire paid the all clear.
Umpires overruling from 200m away when they're half blind to begin with is one of my biggest pet peeves. Have respect for your peer and colleague. Only time is if asked IMO. If you think you've seen something the other umpire hasn't, blow your whistle and have a quick chat but leave the call to the umpire who has control over the game.

It's probably technically wrong but ... ya know, feel for the game and all....
morell
Coach

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:16 pm

cossi11 wrote:Rather interesting outcome to a goal umpiring decision in our game on the weekend.

If the Goal Umpire is League appointed, then the Field Umpire can only question him and ask that he is sure about his decision. A League appointed Field Umpire cannot overule a League appointed Goal Umpire / Boundary Umpire, if the latter are confident in their decision. A League appointed Field CAN overule a Club Goal/Boundary providing they are very confident of what they have seen. If in doubt, in all cases, it always goes to the lesser outcome.
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Q. wrote:Hearing Fitzroy a-grade coach has walked, frustrated at certain players not wanting to play a's

My understanding is that that's not quite the story. Matt doesn't just walk away - he's a committed bloke and passionate about what he does.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:35 pm

morell wrote:I'll be a bit against the grain here ... unlike me I know.

I reckon 15 is old enough to be a goal umpire. Whilst I would never condone abuse and I feel for him, it's a great life lesson that he's learnt and will hold him in good stead in the future.

My advise would be - back him in, pony up and put him there again.

Like falling off a bike, for a terrible analogy.

I agree 100%. But please don't use the falling-off-the-bike analogy, cuts a bit close to the bone for me. :lol:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby carey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:08 pm

morell wrote:

You've changed man.

No he hasn't. That's 100% instruction to type that on here.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:55 am

Absolutely shattered to have missed out on a Zartan alcohol fuelled posting spree. Only 1 other does it better, and that's the great man who posted above, nothing beats an after midnight Carey post or 2!!

I do find the whole goal umpiring saga interesting, given the grief I copped for having a boundary umpire who was alleged by Ingle Farm to be 'too young' to do it.. He was 20 years old at the time. That was in a B grade game as well. FWIW, I have seen 40 year old men umpire on field and in goal make dubious calls under pressure, so I don't think its fair to throw a kid under the bus, when professionals still require the help of video replays to make calls up to 6 times a game..

Lets hope Pulteney can recover from this massive blow, only 2 games plus 8% clear on top with 3 games to play now......... They should feel real hard done by, could be season defining
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Here is the ladder after 15 rounds:
Division 6 Ladder
26 - Pulteney (ELIZ, BL, TOS) - Do they rest any players before finals? Do they keep try new things before finals?
22 - Elizabeth (PUL, IF, BL) - Tough 3 weeks. Can they get revenge against all 3 teams who beat them last time?
22 - Brahma Lodge (WC, PUL, ELIZ) - Two tough away contests and the top side at home. Can they win 2 to lock in a top 3 spot?
20 - Ingle Farm (SW, ELIZ, HD) - Form team only having to play 1 finals side. Can they get enough percentage to finish 2nd?
20 - Trinity OS (ML, WC, PUL) - Can thy go 3-0 and finish in top 3? Percentage will go against them but can they get a home final?

2 games that will decided top 3. Brahma V Elizabeth, Ingle Farm V Elizabeth

Anyone wanna have a crack at how they will think it will finish and what the first week of the finals will look like.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby old farmer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:58 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Absolutely shattered to have missed out on a Zartan alcohol fuelled posting spree. Only 1 other does it better, and that's the great man who posted above, nothing beats an after midnight Carey post or 2!!

I do find the whole goal umpiring saga interesting, given the grief I copped for having a boundary umpire who was alleged by Ingle Farm to be 'too young' to do it.. He was 20 years old at the time. That was in a B grade game as well. FWIW, I have seen 40 year old men umpire on field and in goal make dubious calls under pressure, so I don't think its fair to throw a kid under the bus, when professionals still require the help of video replays to make calls up to 6 times a game..

Lets hope Pulteney can recover from this massive blow, only 2 games plus 8% clear on top with 3 games to play now......... They should feel real hard done by, could be season defining

HAHAHAHAHA , your boundary umpire looked 5 years old not 20. Would have easily had anyone asking where his parents were. Anyway, please, comments on goal umpires from Trinity. Best you just leave it alone. I would back my kid in over anyone i have ever seen you guys produce. =))
Hope you are popping down for finals this year HT. you have been sorely missed by many. :roll:
Just make sure it is week 1.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:10 pm

old farmer wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Absolutely shattered to have missed out on a Zartan alcohol fuelled posting spree. Only 1 other does it better, and that's the great man who posted above, nothing beats an after midnight Carey post or 2!!

HAHAHAHAHA , your boundary umpire looked 5 years old not 20. Would have easily had anyone asking where his parents were. Anyway, please, comments on goal umpires from Trinity. Best you just leave it alone. I would back my kid in over anyone i have ever seen you guys produce. =))
Hope you are popping down for finals this year HT. you have been sorely missed by many. :roll:

Im pretty sure if you read my post you will see I was I agreeing with you re the goal umpiring situation.. But anyway
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Views From the US » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:58 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:Here is the ladder after 15 rounds:
Division 6 Ladder
26 - Pulteney (ELIZ, BL, TOS) - Do they rest any players before finals? Do they keep try new things before finals?
22 - Elizabeth (PUL, IF, BL) - Tough 3 weeks. Can they get revenge against all 3 teams who beat them last time?
22 - Brahma Lodge (WC, PUL, ELIZ) - Two tough away contests and the top side at home. Can they win 2 to lock in a top 3 spot?
20 - Ingle Farm (SW, ELIZ, HD) - Form team only having to play 1 finals side. Can they get enough percentage to finish 2nd?
20 - Trinity OS (ML, WC, PUL) - Can thy go 3-0 and finish in top 3? Percentage will go against them but can they get a home final?

Anyone wanna have a crack at how they will think it will finish and what the first week of the finals will look like.

Think you have to include Pulteney's games with Elizabeth, Brahma, and Trinity as games that will decide top 3. Plenty of scenarios are possible pending the result of those three games involving the ladder leader.

Before Round 18, if Pulteney lose next two;
Elizabeth beat IF, would have Pul, BL, Eli on 26 points, TOS 24, IF 22.
IF beat Eliz, Pul BL 26, Eliz IF TOS 24.

If Pulteney win next two;
Ladder could look like PUL 30 Eliza (24 or 22), BL 24, TOS 24, IF (22 or 24).

Then its all to play for in Round 18 with Pul v TOS and BL v Eliz

As Bruce would say, special few weeks coming up!

Speaking of umpires, a certain div 6 captain was penalized for throwing grass in the air as he was about to take a set shot for goal. Umpire blew his whistle and signalled a ball up. Did not know that you couldn’t throw in the air. Have I missed a rule change?!?
Views From the US
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby The Informer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Views From the US wrote:
Division 6 Ladder

Think you have to include Pulteney's games with Elizabeth, Brahma, and Trinity as games that will decide top 3. Plenty of scenarios are possible pending the result of those three games involving the ladder leader.

Speaking of umpires, a certain div 6 captain was penalized for throwing grass in the air as he was about to take a set shot for goal. Umpire blew his whistle and signalled a ball up. Did not know that you couldn’t throw in the air. Have I missed a rule change?!?

So how long have you been tied up with Trinity for?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Views From the US » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:20 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Views From the US wrote:
Division 6 Ladder

So how long have you been tied up with Trinity for?

Supporter of the Tossers since inception and have been able to get more involved over last few years. Club is definitely up to something currently and in the future, with the Pavilion definitely helping build comradery in an already close-knit playing group and volunteers alike.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby old farmer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:26 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
old farmer wrote:

Im pretty sure if you read my post you will see I was I agreeing with you re the goal umpiring situation.. But anyway
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:34 pm

old farmer wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
old farmer wrote:

The section you have highlighted in bold are a severe case of sarcasm mate..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby carey » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Absolutely shattered to have missed out on a Zartan alcohol fuelled posting spree. Only 1 other does it better, and that's the great man who posted above, nothing beats an after midnight Carey post or 2

Mate there was nothing much to them. Very much storm in a tea cup, mountain out of a mole hill type stuff. Should be far more of it instead of the absolute love in's on here these days nearly need a bucket for some of it.

Keep your drink on Zartan love ya work.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League