HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby The Gimp » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:19 pm

cracka wrote:
TooNice wrote:Its easy, often, to bag the state of the HFL, but really all things considered we have a good comp. There will always be relegation issues, clubs having to reset by merging, and alike. None of that is new - it has been happening since the 1950s. We have now long standing clubs, the HFL board is sorted now, and a very good country vibe at the matches. It is not surprising that clubs from other leagues see the benefit of our league. New clubs coming in will give our league all sorts of opportunities to set up the divisions.

Its funny, wasn't that long ago people on here (mostly from other leagues) were calling the HFL the joke of country football leagues.

There's been a lot of changes at board level since then.....
It's no coincidence that there's been less poor decisions made by individuals in the last couple of seasons.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Keefy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Winners

Blackwood by 119 pts
Mt Lofty by 6 pts
Echunga by 20 pts
Uraidla by 29 pts
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:39 pm

What has happened to Lobethal this year. I only read the results however I know hey have been around the mark last few years. Have they lost players?? is the new coach no good??? Did Jezza take players with him to Hahndorf???
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby kikittome » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Gee, a very interesting last few rounds with crucial games coming up over the next few weeks. Looks like Torrens Valley, Barker and Echunga could be fighting for the last 2 spots in the finals. Is it season over for the Doggies?? How will the final five look at the end of the minor round?
kikittome
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:41 pm

kikittome wrote:Gee, a very interesting last few rounds with crucial games coming up over the next few weeks. Looks like Torrens Valley, Barker and Echunga could be fighting for the last 2 spots in the finals. Is it season over for the Doggies?? How will the final five look at the end of the minor round?

Yes. Start looking for mad monday costumes now.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby afc9798 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Keefy wrote:Winners

Blackwood by 119 pts
Mt Lofty by 6 pts
Echunga by 20 pts
Uraidla by 29 pts

See Port supporters, it's not just you....
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby teamdefense2017 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Mt Barker v Echunga a very important game tomorrow. Mt Barker need to turn their form around quick if they are going to play finals.

Onkas any chance to knock off Blackwood????

Important game for TV too, but a big chance against the reigning premier!!
teamdefense2017

Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Keefy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Uraidla by 39 over Lobethal
Mt Barker by 53 over Echunga
Blackwood by 13 over Onkas
Hahndorf by 14 over TV
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Keefy wrote:Uraidla by 39 over Lobethal
Hahndorf by 14 over TV

My sources tell me Echunga had as many as 20 senior players unavailable for selection today. A few old boys dusted off the boots in the magoos... and by the look of the scores, it showed!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby UncleTony » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Short time poster. So no biased opinions here and have only watched two games this year. Blackwood and Hahndorf, and travelled to Mt pleasant yesterday to watch a few mates in the Magpies vs Lions clash. Key takeaways is there anyone who will match the quality of Hahndorf at full strength on a dry big deck. Yes Blackwood are the obvious contenders but from what I saw yesterday Hahndorf were not at their best while heavily undermanned with Purling, Matsen, Wittwer and add the quality of the obvious Jaensch, Roberts towers Daniel especially a massive impact on a wet day. Add the combination of Hourigan and Hankin up forward their are few defenses who can stop this. Also the key recruits of Nick Hankin who along with his brother displayed what tough wet footy was about yesterday and the newly recruited Jay Shannon...not to mention a number of others like Leake, Handby etc....someone fill me in on other teams form to this season because Torrens Valley played very well but were still outclassed in the end. Giadresco was class
UncleTony
Mini-League

Been liked: 5 times

Postby teamdefense2017 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:24 pm

True that Hahndorf have strength all over the ground Tony, but so do Blackwood.
Blackwood beat them comfortably the first time they played!!

Another question to ask is does anyone think anyone will challenge the top two?
Is it top two then a gap??
Looks a bit like that to me.
teamdefense2017

Postby batmanbegins » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:58 pm

teamdefense2017 wrote:True that Hahndorf have strength all over the ground Tony, but so do Blackwood.

I am sure blackwood got some confidence out of the win against them earlier in the year but considering Hahndorf had Luke & Dan Roberts, Handby, Matsen and Shannon out i'm not sure its a true indication of if Blackwood are as good as Hahndorf. Personally I think Hahndorf are a 5 goal better side but we will find out later in the year.

I can't see anyone else challenging the top 2, they both have to much depth for the other teams. Maybe Uraidla can as they coached very well but it's hard to see anything other then a Blackwood V Hahndorf GF.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:17 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
teamdefense2017 wrote:True that Hahndorf have strength all over the ground Tony, but so do Blackwood.

I am sure blackwood got some confidence out of the win against them earlier in the year but considering Hahndorf had Luke & Dan Roberts, Handby, Matsen and Shannon out i'm not sure its a true indication of if Blackwood are as good as Hahndorf. Personally I think Hahndorf are a 5 goal better side but we will find out later in the year.

I can't see anyone else challenging the top 2, they both have to much depth for the other teams. Maybe Uraidla can as they coached very well but it's hard to see anything other then a Blackwood V Hahndorf GF.

Could very well be Hahndorf v Blackwood in 3 or 4 games on GF day
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby rock » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Southern Football League in crisis. Check out their facebook page, looks like they are trying to salvage what is left but too little too late I think. Might be some truth to those rumours about Flagstaff Hill and Happy Valley making a move to the HFL. Interesting reading on the SFL fb page especially some of the comments.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby teamdefense2017 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:30 am

That is a good analysis i think batman.
Never discount Uraidla. Too many good players to count them out.
Of course it all comes down to on the day!
teamdefense2017

Postby BurntToast » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Just ran into a mate I use to play with at Blackwood years ago. His lad plays for flaggies in the juniors and it appears there is some truth about the rumors that are flying around. If things continue to move in the directing they are, I certainly think we will see both flaggys and happy valley in the HFL next year.

Corona Man wrote:
Hahndorf by 14 over TV

My sources tell me Echunga had as many as 20 senior players unavailable for selection today. A few old boys dusted off the boots in the magoos... and by the look of the scores, it showed!

20 players!? that is an enormous amount. Have players exited the club or just a coincidence that everybody wasn't available?
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby Corona Man » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:37 pm

BurntToast wrote:Just ran into a mate I use to play with at Blackwood years ago. His lad plays for flaggies in the juniors and it appears there is some truth about the rumors that are flying around. If things continue to move in the directing they are, I certainly think we will see both flaggys and happy valley in the HFL next year.

Corona Man wrote:
Hahndorf by 14 over TV

20 players!? that is an enormous amount. Have players exited the club or just a coincidence that everybody wasn't available?

From what I can gather a mixture of blokes away on OS holidays, injuries, illness etc. A few younger lads had school formals too.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby BurntToast » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Thats a shame Corona man. I reckon their full strength squad could of knocked off barker, especially the way the roos have been travelling lately. Only kicking one goal though is a bit concerning, over all Echunga seems to struggle kicking winnable scores. How is the club tracking over all with the new coaches and players? They have good juniour numbers from what I can tell, hope they can make something of there Div 1 tenure. I don't understand why Echunga cops the hate they do from some, perhaps some are threatened by a club on the rise that isn't a traditional Div 1 side?
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby Corona Man » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 am

BurntToast wrote:Thats a shame Corona man. I reckon their full strength squad could of knocked off barker, especially the way the roos have been travelling lately. Only kicking one goal though is a bit concerning, over all Echunga seems to struggle kicking winnable scores. How is the club tracking over all with the new coaches and players? They have good juniour numbers from what I can tell, hope they can make something of there Div 1 tenure. I don't understand why Echunga cops the hate they do from some, perhaps some are threatened by a club on the rise that isn't a traditional Div 1 side?

I really can't comment on stuff that deep. I'm living in Melbourne now and only been to a few games this season.
Corona Man
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy