Netflix

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Netflix

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:33 am

HH3 wrote:Just about to finish the second episode of season two of Last Chance U.

I think this seasons even better than the first one so far.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get into it
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby The Ash Man » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:07 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Just about to finish the second episode of season two of Last Chance U.

Was planning to binge on it over the weekend but Optus are the most useless pricks in the world and I've had no internet
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby LMA » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Bloodline Season 3 was a let down after 2 good seasons.
Animal Kingdom is pretty good, like a mix of SOA and Point Break.

Waiting for the latest seasons of Broadchurch and Line of Duty to come on.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:55 am

Bloodline was awful after about halfway through the second series.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:13 am

If you're into UFO encounters and all that kind of wacky stuff, check out the movie "Extraordinary: The Stan Romanek Story." It's meant to cause you to reappraise perceptions of our place in the universe, and that there is life really out there. It doesn't work, but its worth a squiz for a laugh. It's about 90 minutes long, so you can knock it off pretty easily when you're sick, bored or hungover.

Mr Romanek is just an average guy from somewhere unremarkable in middle America. For the last 20 years or so he has consistently seen and been visited by aliens in a number of weird and wonderful ways. He's recorded most of them on video or audio in order to demonstrate that it's all true. The two peek-a-boo alien videos he relies on as evidence are pretty funny.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Feenix » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:36 pm

LMA wrote:Animal Kingdom is pretty good, like a mix of SOA and Point Break.

I really couldnt get into it. I loved the movie but thought the tv show was poor. The acting in it seems so forced
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby JK » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Bloodline was awful after about halfway through the second series.

I was a fan of the first season, so put my mates into it and they all rave about it, but I haven't picked it up again yet .. Was a bit slow, but saved by Ben Mendelson
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:56 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

Watched over half of the first Ep last night... really good... How funny is it when Buddy is talking to the camera and he said he really wants to go nuts at them, but said it's alright... Tried to stay calm.. his face was hilarious.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:38 pm

Why is nobody talking about Ozark?!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Kahuna » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:29 am

Q. wrote:Why is nobody talking about Ozark?!

I have watched the first ep.
Ruthless villain, murder, mayhem and unpleasant family members.
Looks promising.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:00 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Also watched an Ep of show called Glow. About women's wrestling in the 80's. pretty good

Been watching Glow over the weekend, pretty entertaining stuff.

Definitely worth a watch of you remember the 80s, the attention to detail and soundtrack are fantastic.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Kahuna wrote:

I have watched the first ep.
Ruthless villain, murder, mayhem and unpleasant family members.
Looks promising.
Finished first season. Brilliant cast.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:37 pm

Over half way through season 2 of last chance u. Really good. Just waiting for the coach to lose it, and get the sack... Not sure that will happen but I am predicting
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Hondo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:02 pm

Magellan wrote:If you're into UFO encounters and all that kind of wacky stuff, check out the movie "Extraordinary: The Stan Romanek Story." It's meant to cause you to reappraise perceptions of our place in the universe, and that there is life really out there. It doesn't work, but its worth a squiz for a laugh. It's about 90 minutes long, so you can knock it off pretty easily when you're sick, bored or hungover.

Mr Romanek is just an average guy from somewhere unremarkable in middle America. For the last 20 years or so he has consistently seen and been visited by aliens in a number of weird and wonderful ways. He's recorded most of them on video or audio in order to demonstrate that it's all true. The two peek-a-boo alien videos he relies on as evidence are pretty funny.

I started that but lost interest after the first 10-15 mins when I concluded he was a bit of a crack-pot/attention seeker who loves to create fake UFO & Alien sightings. I wasn't sure if the documentary makers were trying to make me believe it was all true or to highlight how absurd this guy's stories all were. Maybe if I watched the whole thing I would find out.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Hondo wrote:
Magellan wrote:If you're into UFO encounters and all that kind of wacky stuff, check out the movie "Extraordinary: The Stan Romanek Story." It's meant to cause you to reappraise perceptions of our place in the universe, and that there is life really out there. It doesn't work, but its worth a squiz for a laugh. It's about 90 minutes long, so you can knock it off pretty easily when you're sick, bored or hungover.

I started that but lost interest after the first 10-15 mins when I concluded he was a bit of a crack-pot/attention seeker who loves to create fake UFO & Alien sightings. I wasn't sure if the documentary makers were trying to make me believe it was all true or to highlight how absurd this guy's stories all were. Maybe if I watched the whole thing I would find out.

Yeah, it's certainly not Pulitzer Prize winning stuff, but it's worth persevering with it just to see the extent of stuff he's done/experienced. Either he's a crackpot like you (and I) say, or you believe he's 100% true, which I think the filmmakers would want us to believe too. I didn't get the impression it was a mockumentary or expose of someone who they thought was so whacko that a film should be made.
Magellan
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:30 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Over half way through season 2 of last chance u. Really good. Just waiting for the coach to lose it, and get the sack... Not sure that will happen but I am predicting

I don't wanna spoil anything for you, so I can't say much.

Let's just say, as the season progresses, his pledge to do push ups gets forgotten, and all his talk about being a changed man doesn't fit what is actually happening.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:42 pm

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Over half way through season 2 of last chance u. Really good. Just waiting for the coach to lose it, and get the sack... Not sure that will happen but I am predicting

Let's just say, as the season progresses, his pledge to do push ups gets forgotten, and all his talk about being a changed man doesn't fit what is actually happening.

I have zero doubt he will lose it... when he actually act normal he seems like a decent bloke, but that happens rarely. He thinks yelling will get his point across. Nope!

Also the counsellor looks like she's had enough, seems more agitated than the last season.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:19 am

Off the back of your post, watched the first 2 Eps last night and instantly hooked, cheers for the heads up mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:50 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:

I have zero doubt he will lose it... when he actually act normal he seems like a decent bloke, but that happens rarely. He thinks yelling will get his point across. Nope!

Also the counsellor looks like she's had enough, seems more agitated than the last season.

You know when they interview his hot daughter to tell us how gentle he is, he's gonna flip the f**k out within the next 20 mins :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 am

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:

You know when they interview his hot daughter to tell us how gentle he is, he's gonna flip the f**k out within the next 20 mins :lol:

Wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I am truly baffled how he hasn't had a heart attack or stroke.
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment