30%
Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:19 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:it was a 2 person altercation so him "putting himself in that position" is a bit hard when there was an opposition player involved that was the instigator!!

Retaliation is not a valid excuse.. ;) :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:The coach does have a lid on that sort of thing and throughout the year anything like that we have dealt with in house and the playing group know that the club is not afraid to dish out their own suspensions so people learn! In this particular incident, it was a 2 person altercation so him "putting himself in that position" is a bit hard when there was an opposition player involved that was the instigator!! But either way, a 3 game suspension is absolutely beyond a joke.. Hence the reason we had a letter from salisburys coach going into our defence, the other player involved was in our defence letting the league know that there was nothing in it besides some tongue and cheek, a push and him trying to draw a free kick, also had another Salisbury player rock up to the tribunal last night in our defence once again stating that there was nothing in it and it shouldn't have been anything more than a free kick if that!! But even with all of that, the league didn't listen to a word and dished out a 3 game penalty with 3 points on top trying their absolute hardest to keep us from any sort of success this year.. If you can read, you will understand the frustration and if you have any idea about anything you will realise that if so many people from Salisbury were there for his defence that maybe it's a load of ******* crap

I can understand the frustration, but It's not the end of the world is it? Turn it into a positive. If it truly is an injustice, maybe it can galvanise the playing group for a big assault on the finals. You should still get the double chance and if you are good enough you can still make it to the big dance.

Probably not a great choice of words ;)
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Old Red » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:51 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:The coach does have a lid on that sort of thing and throughout the year anything like that we have dealt with in house and the playing group know that the club is not afraid to dish out their own suspensions so people learn! In this particular incident, it was a 2 person altercation so him "putting himself in that position" is a bit hard when there was an opposition player involved that was the instigator!! But either way, a 3 game suspension is absolutely beyond a joke.. Hence the reason we had a letter from salisburys coach going into our defence, the other player involved was in our defence letting the league know that there was nothing in it besides some tongue and cheek, a push and him trying to draw a free kick, also had another Salisbury player rock up to the tribunal last night in our defence once again stating that there was nothing in it and it shouldn't have been anything more than a free kick if that!! But even with all of that, the league didn't listen to a word and dished out a 3 game penalty with 3 points on top trying their absolute hardest to keep us from any sort of success this year.. If you can read, you will understand the frustration and if you have any idea about anything you will realise that if so many people from Salisbury were there for his defence that maybe it's a load of ******* crap

I hear your advocate stuffed the whole thing up so I'm calling bullshit on your tale
Old Red
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:45 pm

Well you heard completely wrong and have no idea, in what way did our advocate apparently stuff the whole thing up? Lol they had their mind made up before a word was even said! And to completely ignore everything Salisbury had put into our defence I just can not get my head around! So you can call whatever bullshit you like and stick it right up there my friend
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Old Red » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:06 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Well you heard completely wrong and have no idea, in what way did our advocate apparently stuff the whole thing up? Lol they had their mind made up before a word was even said! And to completely ignore everything Salisbury had put into our defence I just can not get my head around! So you can call whatever bullshit you like and stick it right up there my friend

Is it true you sent your A grade coach to represent the player ?
Old Red
Mini-League

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:48 am

Once again the lesson here is to use AG Criminal Law
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby morell » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:53 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Once again the lesson here is to use AG Criminal Law
No, the lesson is don't have people belt blokes, get yourself into strife with the league and have really strict sanctions on you where even minor indiscretions are punished.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:58 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Once again the lesson here is to use AG Criminal Law

I looked into using AG Criminal Law, and the feedback i received was "You'd be better off using someone the tribunal likes" :lol: ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Executive Member wrote:

perhaps some context so you can at least vent correctly

The Tribunal is not the League, it is an independent group of highly qualified people appointed by the League to manage all player reports within the guidelines provided by The League

The Tribunal would not give a toss about the club involved, it looks at the report as it stands and it would be a very brave person to question these peoples integrity

Let's not carry on about how fantastic the tribunal is.

It's an amateur league tribunal it's not expected to be perfect. It operates on rules that aren't immediately apparent, deals with less than perfect evidence from all parties including the umpires. In those circumstances it's a difficult job and there are bound to be occasions they get things wrong.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:40 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

perhaps some context so you can at least vent correctly

The Tribunal is not the League, it is an independent group of highly qualified people appointed by the League to manage all player reports within the guidelines provided by The League

The Tribunal would not give a toss about the club involved, it looks at the report as it stands and it would be a very brave person to question these peoples integrity

Let's not carry on about how fantastic the tribunal is.

It's an amateur league tribunal it's not expected to be perfect. It operates on rules that aren't immediately apparent, deals with less than perfect evidence from all parties including the umpires. In those circumstances it's a difficult job and there are bound to be occasions they get things wrong.

Agree, however given the actual people who sit on it the implicit suggestion of bias/incompetence is a bit much.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:47 pm

I can understand the frustration the Eastern Park poster has. I've appeared in front of the tribunal a couple of times where I have been puzzled by their conclusion.

I hear stories from other people as well that causes me concern(the Heinze incident for one) although I appreciate that what other people say might not always be accurate. A desire to appear to be stamping out ad behaviour and a bias towards believing umpires seem to be the main issues.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Because umpires would never lie to save face.....
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby jo172 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:20 am

wonder_kid wrote:Because umpires would never lie to save face.....

As opposed to guilty players/coach advocates?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:51 am

Not so much lying but reliability is the problem. They don't realise how difficult it is to recall things accurately. If you had footage and compared it to people's recollections you'd be amazed at how wrong honest people often are. Confidence is often confused with reliability and so umpires who aren't nervous, have been there before come across as better witnesses.

The other problem is that it's very difficult to figure out who is telling the truth. I suspect the tribunal members are like some judges and believe that upon appointment they suddenly acquire some divine ability to discern the truth. In reality they often have no more ability in this area than the man on the street yet feel obliged to come to some conclusion rather than admit they do not know where the truth lies.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:00 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Not so much lying but reliability is the problem. They don't realise how difficult it is to recall things accurately. If you had footage and compared it to people's recollections you'd be amazed at how wrong honest people often are. Confidence is often confused with reliability and so umpires who aren't nervous, have been there before come across as better witnesses.

The other problem is that it's very difficult to figure out who is telling the truth. I suspect the tribunal members are like some judges and believe that upon appointment they suddenly acquire some divine ability to discern the truth. In reality they often have no more ability in this area than the man on the street yet feel obliged to come to some conclusion rather than admit they do not know where the truth lies.

Problem is if they made no judgement every time they didn't know exactly where the truth lied no player would ever get suspended as it's a simple task for clubs, players on trial etc to seed lots of doubt and make a judgement blury.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Old Red » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:02 pm

whufc wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Not so much lying but reliability is the problem. They don't realise how difficult it is to recall things accurately. If you had footage and compared it to people's recollections you'd be amazed at how wrong honest people often are. Confidence is often confused with reliability and so umpires who aren't nervous, have been there before come across as better witnesses.

Problem is if they made no judgement every time they didn't know exactly where the truth lied no player would ever get suspended as it's a simple task for clubs, players on trial etc to seed lots of doubt and make a judgement blury.

So then its fair to suggest its left to 3 peeps to decide who is telling the biggest lie. The umpire who could be saving face or the club who wants the player to play next week. Otherwise known as a balance of probabilty.
Old Red
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:58 pm

Yep that's what a tribunal does at this level try and sort the truth from the shit
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:02 pm

The twisties take home the chocolates in both games by a total of seven points. Must be a happy team at Morphies Gords
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:11 pm

TBS: you started off well but tapered off
I've been on both sides of the table many times, and in every chair
Maybe, one day when I'm retired, I'll write my memoirs or Procedures Manual, but I totally 100% support your posts to appoint a solicitor to advocate.
The league actually instituted a pro bono defence scheme, yet some clubs still refuse to use them.
Every tribunal has a judge or solicitor on it. It would be a brave man to accuse them of bias or stupidity.
The biggest mouth in your club is not your best advocate
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Broken Down Hack » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:The twisties take home the chocolates in both games by a total of seven points. Must be a happy team at Morphies Gords

14 straight points before EPscored a goal helped .... good hard game off footy .... EP came back with the wind in the last but we managed to hang on ... the game was played in great spirit .....
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League