Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby David Brent » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:11 am

Port fans do you think the club failed with the timing of the Powell- Pepper article hitting the papers & online?

You see it all the time, big articles on individuals & their performances not backing it up after it's release. Wether a 1st year or 10th year player you need to perform once you put yourself in the spotlight (I thought it was a good article also)

I reckon the club & SPP could have chosen a better week to run that.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby carey » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:30 am

David Brent wrote:Port fans do you think the club failed with the timing of the Powell- Pepper article hitting the papers & online?

You see it all the time, big articles on individuals & their performances not backing it up after it's release. Wether a 1st year or 10th year player you need to perform once you put yourself in the spotlight (I thought it was a good article also)

Possibly, but it certainly wasn't the reason 21 out 22 players were absolutely f**king embarrassed to the point that heads simply must roll on the selection table. I've never seen an effort or lack Thereof from a Port Adelaide.

Said to my mates during the week Adelaide are fantastic in wet conditions but I didn't expect Port to be absolutely bashed up!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby MW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:40 am

As a Port supporter, do you get sick of Ken saying "we got what we deserved"?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:49 am

MW wrote:As a Port supporter, do you get sick of Ken saying "we got what we deserved"?

Nope, it's true. You work hard, put in the effort, play as required and win, you got what you deserved. Don't turn up, play like shit and get thumped, you get what you deserve. It's a pretty simple philosophy that rings true in many aspects of life, not just football.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 am

David Brent wrote:Port fans do you think the club failed with the timing of the Powell- Pepper article hitting the papers & online?

The kid is cooked, needs a spell. Has carried a fair workload for a 1st year player. We had to manage McGrath this week and he doesn't do anywhere near the bullocking work Sam does. Week off to freshen him up before finals and he will be fine
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 am

It should not and would not have impacted on his 21 team mates, not relevant in this instance IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:51 am

Jim05 wrote:

The kid is cooked, needs a spell. Has carried a fair workload for a 1st year player. We had to manage McGrath this week and he doesn't do anywhere near the bullocking work Sam does. Week off to freshen him up before finals and he will be fine

Should have happened against North 4 weeks ago when the points were in the bank before the game started, missed opportunity there. He's done so much inside work he's looking tired and sore, he must get next weekend off, his performances in the last 3 suggest he's due a spell.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:54 am

Jim05 wrote:

fair call

16 poss v Melb
10 poss v StK
6 poss v Adel
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:57 am

MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

fair call

16 poss v Melb
10 poss v StK
6 poss v Adel

Most 1st year players get eased into the backline or up forward. SPP was thrust straight into the midfield and all it's a huge step up from playing against smaller bodies each week in the underage comps. He looks badly beaten up ATM. Week off and he will be fine
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 am

Jim05 wrote:
MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

fair call

16 poss v Melb
10 poss v StK
6 poss v Adel

Most 1st year players get eased into the backline or up forward. SPP was thrust straight into the midfield and all it's a huge step up from playing against smaller bodies each week in the underage comps. He looks badly beaten up ATM. Week off and he will be fine

Which is why he should be at the front of Rising Star voting at the midway point, but be over taken by Burton later.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:26 am

MW wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

fair call

16 poss v Melb
10 poss v StK
6 poss v Adel

Reflective of our whole midfield and our sides form dropping away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:51 am

People were critical at the time but the crows managing greenwood seems like a very good idea when compared with SPPs, recent work
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:59 am

I agree with Booney. The North game and maybe one before or after the bye should've been used to give him a breather. He's been asked to come in and be a physical bull at 19. Not fair IMO.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:50 pm

morell wrote:I agree with Booney. The North game and maybe one before or after the bye should've been used to give him a breather. He's been asked to come in and be a physical bull at 19. Not fair IMO.

Was thinking the exact same thing last night heading home in disgust!

Was actually confident heading into the game, was just worried we would not be physical and that could be the difference. The last half a dozen showdown's we have lacked the physicality to get a win and i thought that may be our undoing.

Well F**k me did we lack it. Have never been more embarrased. Kane Cornes comments this morning were absolutely bang on. How someone like Young or Impey and many others that have been put on notice put on that embarassing of an effort is just un-explainable. I am very critical of Hinkley but if 22 blokes can't go out there in the biggest home and away game for our club and put in no effort, i don't know how as a coach you rock up the next morning and take them seriously. We are going to finish 5th or 6th due to our soft draw, which is great, but f*ck me we are nothing short of a beyond average side. Yesterday confirmed it for everyone. I can't go into detail about how the structure was or who played okay considering as i stopped watching after quarter time and walked out at 3QT. The hill was more entertaining than the game.

I will give credit to our backline again though, 80 inside 50's they could have conceded 200 points. Thought they did well in the first quarter to limit the Crows to taking shots from out wide but they can only do so much against that much of a barrage
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Surely Jacobs AA ruckman ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:04 pm

We will just have to await the update to SWARM UK Fan.

Until then...
morell
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:21 pm

morell wrote:We will just have to await the update to SWARM UK Fan.

Until then...
You can forget your Swarm, Jacobs was outstanding yesterday.

Pretty much clawed the crows back last week as well.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Excuse me. SWARM knows all.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:00 pm

OK its ready!!

This doesn't include round 20 coaches votes, which I suspect will go very close to propelling Jacobs into the lead.

And you all doubted the SWARM. Never doubt the SWARM.

Last edited by morell on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:01 pm

How a large body of insects moving together can know everything beats me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL