Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & results.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Poor form REB, victim blaming
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Well it is the shit canning thread so the perfect place to discuss the Shitney Swines. To get Fapley off a medical report had to be submitted to their masters that supported a "medium" impact or the fairy would have quite rightly been cited for staging. Do you think these AFL assisted flogs might have an eye on our top four spot what a joke. Has this club ever achieved anything without a leg up? Even the Foriegn legion flag was a mercenary cattle raid that would have made John Elliott blush.

Why does anyone outside of Sydney even follow these stains? Do you really need that much assistance to compete with Rugby League, a code so boring even sydneysiders won't attend? Even Hugh Hefner hasn't had as many blowjobs as this mob and they have a massive two flags to show for it and it would have been one if this week's MRP was sitting. If they got the Brisbane Lions treatment they would have dropped back to well deserved mediocrity years ago. Blow that whistle ref. Go the AFL.

regards,

RANT :D
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:59 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Crows need a big scalp interstate, they have failed in Geelong and have played ordinary at the MCG this year.

whilst this may be true, geelong was the only time we have played half decent opposition interstate, and its hardly a knock to lose down there

Geelong are 0 wins 1 draw and 2 losses interstate against half decent teams
Richmond are 1-2
GWS are 2-1-2 (and also lost to carlton)
Sydney are 4-3

Cant say there are really any teams that have a strong record interstate against the best teams. Comp is too even for that

If the Crows play Richmond in the Grand Final Richmonds interstate record is irrelevant, Adelaides would not.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Bandit » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:59 pm

AFL should put a stop to players like papley faking by actually using the system they introduced and fining players who dive/stage/fake/whatever.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Bandit » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:02 pm

^^^ haha... fapley
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Poor form REB, victim blaming

You're right. Domestic violence is unacceptable. But if women are allowed to play with the men it doesn't mean the male should cop an unfair ban. Nearly every other bastard has been getting fines all year.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Victim - :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Spargo wrote:

I suspect wubbsy is stirring the pot a bit there but it's tough to tell because no one plays this card more often than the Swines.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Spargo wrote:

I suspect wubbsy is stirring the pot a bit there but it's tough to tell because no one plays this card more often than the Swines.

regards,

REB

Taking the piss yes... But Duncan was stupid enough to throw a punch, so it's not Papleys fault.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

He just went down way too easy.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Yesterday West Coast had 8 players who laid only 1 tackle each and 4 players with 0.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Spargo wrote:He just went down way too easy.

Shouldn't have hit him
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:59 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Spargo wrote:He just went down way too easy.

Shouldn't have hit him

Not everyone gets the Buddy get out of jail free card :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:08 am

morell wrote:
morell wrote:What needs to occur before you'll start to raise doubt over Hinkley? Like whats the tipping point?
Still didn't get this out of you Booney?

Do you think we should extend his contract?

I'd like to see out season 2017 first, see where we find ourselves in the wash up from the remaining matches and, hopefully, at least one final.

Secondly, if we play at least one final this year then I think he should be given the opportunity to see out the final year of his contract in 2018.

Then, if we either don't progress into the top 4 next year/or miss finals then his position must be reviewed IF we feel as though we have a candidate who could do a better job.

My defence of Hinkley is, in the main, based on analysis of our list and I don't believe we are any more than a 5th-10th list at this point in time. We're thin on depth, that's why the same 3,4,5 go in and out.

I think more pertinent is how do we improve our list to be a top 4 unit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:53 am

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:
morell wrote:What needs to occur before you'll start to raise doubt over Hinkley? Like whats the tipping point?

I'd like to see out season 2017 first, see where we find ourselves in the wash up from the remaining matches and, hopefully, at least one final.

Secondly, if we play at least one final this year then I think he should be given the opportunity to see out the final year of his contract in 2018.

Then, if we either don't progress into the top 4 next year/or miss finals then his position must be reviewed IF we feel as though we have a candidate who could do a better job.

My defence of Hinkley is, in the main, based on analysis of our list and I don't believe we are any more than a 5th-10th list at this point in time. We're thin on depth, that's why the same 3,4,5 go in and out.

Will be hard to improve the list too much. Maybe add a FA and hope for a lucky draft. Not sure when your first pick is as I think you gave up your first to the Suns and I don't think you have many players worth a lot at the trade table and the ones that would get you back into the first round you wouldn't part with. Like many clubs you are stuck in a bit of a tight position
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bertiebeatle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:57 am

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:

Exactly right there Booney. People whinge about White, Young and others that come in and out of the team, but no one at SANFL level is smashing down the door and playing better footy than them. As i said yesterday, Young will go back to the SANFL this week and pick up 30 and will be back to the 1's at the next opportunity. Yes he hasn't performed well at AFL level this season, but he is going back to the Maggies and doing what has been asked better than anyone else. No one else is putting their hand up week in week out saying i deserved to be picked for the Power. This off-season is going to be cruicial. Motlop and Rockliff will be very big ins for us and may see us take the next step to be a better and more consistent side
Last edited by bertiebeatle on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:00 am

bertiebeatle wrote:
Exactly right there Booney. People whinge about White, Young and others that come in and out of the team, but no one at SANFL level is smashing down the door and playing better footy than them. As i said yesterday, Young will go back to the SANFL this week and pick up 30 and will be back to the 1's at the next opportunity. Yes he hasn't performed well at AFL level this season, but he is going back to the Maggies and doing what has been asked better than anyone else. No one else is putting their hand up week in week out saying i deserved to be picked for the Power. This off-season is going to be cruicial. Motlop and Rockliff will be very big ins for us and may see us take the next step to be a better and more consistent fight

Given morell's "pick anyone" philosophy (based purely on structure), if they were to call up Snelling or Drew or Palmer and they have a stinker and we lose then as many people would be saying "Why'd they pick him?"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am

Booney wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
Exactly right there Booney. People whinge about White, Young and others that come in and out of the team, but no one at SANFL level is smashing down the door and playing better footy than them. As i said yesterday, Young will go back to the SANFL this week and pick up 30 and will be back to the 1's at the next opportunity. Yes he hasn't performed well at AFL level this season, but he is going back to the Maggies and doing what has been asked better than anyone else. No one else is putting their hand up week in week out saying i deserved to be picked for the Power. This off-season is going to be cruicial. Motlop and Rockliff will be very big ins for us and may see us take the next step to be a better and more consistent side

Given morell's "pick anyone" philosophy (based purely on structure), if they were to call up Snelling or Drew or Palmer and they have a stinker and we lose then as many people would be saying "Why'd they pick him?"

Exactly. Just like everyone is carrying on now about Monfries
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:23 am

The next question for me after reading all that is after being head coach for 5 years with a list that was knocking on the premiership window after 2 is why are you talking about depth being an issue?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:33 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:The next question for me after reading all that is after being head coach for 5 years with a list that was knocking on the premiership window after 2 is why are you talking about depth being an issue?

Depth is an issue for every club.

We were in the wrong spot at the wrong time, 10th in 2009, 10th in 2010 when the Gold Coast got hold of their first draft, 16th in 2011 when GWS got into their first pillage of talent.

The sides like us at the time, Melbourne, Richmond, Essendon*, Brisbane*, Bulldogs*, have all suffered from the same outcome.

Obviously the Bulldogs burst out of the blocks at the right time last year, Port had a run of luck and form in '14 and the Tigers are in it this year, Melbourne much like us are nearly there but not quite ( Richmond perhaps the same ) Essendon had their own issues and Brisbane will always be Brisbane.

Some poor timing and some poor development/selection of young "talent".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL