23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby Nixon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Any word on whether Greenacres will fill two sides this week?
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Nixon wrote:Any word on whether Greenacres will fill two sides this week?

Would'nt affect you much in any case, your ressies can't move unless Woody South beat BOS (which we're hoping they don't do :lol: ) I'm not much chop with percentages though, will a 10 goal win give you enough to jump them if BOS do lose?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Rosewater got the 2 points over pooraka today
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:32 pm

And avoided relegation well done Rosewater. I was going home from a work trip in the country and popped in to watch the 2nd quarter. Was 20 metres away from the Rosewater bloke who head butted the Pooraka player. Saw a straight red and left at half time. Thought Rosewater looked the better side from what I saw in the 2nd.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Old Red » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:And avoided relegation well done Rosewater. I was going home from a work trip in the country and popped in to watch the 2nd quarter. Was 20 metres away from the Rosewater bloke who head butted the Pooraka player. Saw a straight red and left at half time. Thought Rosewater looked the better side from what I saw in the 2nd.

Arent they on an amended agreement. Far out that makes tribunal interesting if they are ?
Old Red
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:53 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:And avoided relegation well done Rosewater. I was going home from a work trip in the country and popped in to watch the 2nd quarter. Was 20 metres away from the Rosewater bloke who head butted the Pooraka player. Saw a straight red and left at half time. Thought Rosewater looked the better side from what I saw in the 2nd.

If a Rosewater player did this, you can be guaranteed Rosies haven't avoided relegation as they'll lose points if found guilty.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:10 pm

Surely not!
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Robb_Stark » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:

Surely not!

Number 8 for Rosewater was the player to receive the red card.,.. Just to add a twist was allowed to come back on the ground
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby bubba love » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:37 am

Was down graded to a yellow I was told
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:40 am

He's an extremely lucky boy if that was downgraded to a yellow. Anyway, well done Rosie's 2 behinds was the difference in the end.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:52 am

Kenilworth relegated by .07%. They were 11 points down at 3/4 time and lost by 33. If they kicked one more goal in the last or conceded one less goal they would have stayed above Rosies.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby carey » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:02 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:He's an extremely lucky boy if that was downgraded to a yellow. Anyway, well done Rosie's 2 behinds was the difference in the end.

How do you down grade a card? If you get a red, it's a red I don't understand how it gets down graded.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 am

The controlling umpire was not looking at the incident and it happened in front of about 40-50 Pooraka supporters who all lost their shit. The other umpire come in and pulled out the straight red. I'm with you Carey I have never seen a card down graded during a match. I left at half time so something must have happened at the break. Was actually a pretty good game of footy from what I saw.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:34 am

Down the Hill wrote:Kenilworth relegated by .07%. They were 11 points down at 3/4 time and lost by 33. If they kicked one more goal in the last or conceded one less goal they would have stayed above Rosies.

Yeah we were 11 points down with 10 to go. Story of our season mate.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:34 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:The controlling umpire was not looking at the incident and it happened in front of about 40-50 Pooraka supporters who all lost their shit. The other umpire come in and pulled out the straight red. I'm with you Carey I have never seen a card down graded during a match. I left at half time so something must have happened at the break. Was actually a pretty good game of footy from what I saw.

the umpire came in said Red card and reported him then at Half Time the Officals from Rosewater went into the umpires room after that player came back on field and no report

Rosewater live to fight another day im guessing umpire was not keen on going down to thebby wednesday night
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Good negotiators.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Bluedemon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:46 pm

so will the club still have a case to answer though?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Old Red » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:The controlling umpire was not looking at the incident and it happened in front of about 40-50 Pooraka supporters who all lost their shit. The other umpire come in and pulled out the straight red. I'm with you Carey I have never seen a card down graded during a match. I left at half time so something must have happened at the break. Was actually a pretty good game of footy from what I saw.

the umpire came in said Red card and reported him then at Half Time the Officals from Rosewater went into the umpires room after that player came back on field and no report

Rosewater live to fight another day im guessing umpire was not keen on going down to thebby wednesday night
according to bylaws, the umpire has discretion on how long the player is off from anywhere between 10 minutes to the rest of the match so just because he came back on doesnt mean it was down graded. Its odd though. I wouldve thought coming back on was for pissy things, not a Liverpool kiss.
Old Red
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:05 am

Down the Hill wrote:Kenilworth relegated by .07%. They were 11 points down at 3/4 time and lost by 33. If they kicked one more goal in the last or conceded one less goal they would have stayed above Rosies.

Rosewater threw plenty of numbers behind the ball against us 2 weeks ago & made it very hard for us to score. Got a few goals on the rebound & limited our scoring. I thought when I was watching the game they'll never beat us playing like this, as I looked up & there was only 1 bloke in their forward half with us a few goals up. Turned out to be a very smart tactic & saved some valuable %. The game was a arm wrestle. The Rosie lads stuck to it for 4 quarters. They could've easily lost shape & given up. Well done to their coaches.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:58 am

Fair bit more to come from the Pooraka Vs Rosewater game

In the Bs Rosewater had a player yellow carded and another player Red Carded for a late hit on a player that left him down for few minutes i think both of these were down graded also

In the As player Head Butts another player straight in front of me i rated it around 5-6 on impact Pooraka player was down for least 6-8 minutes

Will be interesting to see just how much of this ends up on the umpire reports for both games also
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League