AFL Round 21

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 21

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Booney wrote:Has Hardwick finished crying yet? Pathetic look from a coach sulking about home ground umpiring advantages.

Imagine getting Carlton first round every year for a 1-0 start to the season assured....

We get that with the Hawks. :lol:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:19 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:How much would Port need to win by to have more % than the swans?

Like to see Sydney finish 4th now

$o would I mate.

How much is it paying?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:27 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:How much would Port need to win by to have more % than the swans?

Like to see Sydney finish 4th now

$o would I mate.

How much is it paying?

It was paying $41 a ways back. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Was in Melbourne this weekend for a couple of games.
Things you see live.
If I was a Swan, Geelong or Crows supporter I'd be very nervous of the GWS they are a dead set machine, the pressure they apply forced the Dogs to panic into submission all over the ground, & this without Cameron & Mumford.
The Victorian media obsession with the Port supporters leaving early is ironic when you see the on the bridge leaving Ethiad chock a block with red blue & white colours at 3/4 time.
Eddie Betts stats said he had a shocker but jeez he does some good unnoticed shit off the ball.
If you want to comment on any clubs fans being uneducated & feral just stand in front of the Locker Room on an Essendon home game. Like a homeless KKK rally. Haven't heard threats or outright racism like that since the Collingwood cheer squads in the early 80's made banana girl look like Nelson Mandela.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:If you want to comment on any clubs fans being uneducated & feral just stand in front of the Locker Room on an Essendon home game. Like a homeless KKK rally. Haven't heard threats or outright racism like that since the Collingwood cheer squads in the early 80's made banana girl look like Nelson Mandela.

I have 5 close mates who have lived in Melb & gone to the footy weekly for many years. They all follow different clubs. None of them dislike Essendon more than any other side, but to a man they all agree they have by far the most feral supporter base.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:46 am

I went to an Essendon v Gold Coast game at Etihad years ago....the Bombers supporters are ferocious in their support which was awesome for the atmosphere. Didn't notice any of the racism or threats etc.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:55 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Was in Melbourne this weekend for a couple of games.
Things you see live.
If I was a Swan, Geelong or Crows supporter I'd be very nervous of the GWS they are a dead set machine, the pressure they apply forced the Dogs to panic into submission all over the ground, & this without Cameron & Mumford.
The Victorian media obsession with the Port supporters leaving early is ironic when you see the on the bridge leaving Ethiad chock a block with red blue & white colours at 3/4 time.
Eddie Betts stats said he had a shocker but jeez he does some good unnoticed shit off the ball.
If you want to comment on any clubs fans being uneducated & feral just stand in front of the Locker Room on an Essendon home game. Like a homeless KKK rally. Haven't heard threats or outright racism like that since the Collingwood cheer squads in the early 80's made banana girl look like Nelson Mandela.

GWS were very efficient Friday night. But if they allow a top 4 side 65 inside 50s to 34 in a game, and concede 20+ in a quarter, they are frought with danger.. They are exceptional moving the ball and going forward, but if they allow better sides that sort of field position % and inside 50 count, I think they may find themselves in a bit more trouble than the Dogs gave them Friday night..

Having said that, they are scary with their running power and movement of the footy.. Pressure was better Friday night also, but it hasnt been the norm for them this season
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby morell » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:The Victorian media obsession with the Port supporters leaving early is ironic when you see the on the bridge leaving Ethiad chock a block with red blue & white colours at 3/4 time.
More people left the Collingwood game early on Sunday than the St Kilda one IMO.

It is #fakenews. It really is. Lead by the king of pretending he's not but really is viciously anti-Port Mark Ricciuto.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby MW » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 am

morell wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:The Victorian media obsession with the Port supporters leaving early is ironic when you see the on the bridge leaving Ethiad chock a block with red blue & white colours at 3/4 time.
More people left the Collingwood game early on Sunday than the St Kilda one IMO.

It is #fakenews. It really is. Lead by the king of pretending he's not but really is viciously anti-Port Mark Ricciuto.

Was it fake footage of the Port fans streaming for the train station? Yes other clubs supporters do it, sorry....ALL clubs supporters do it...but it's not fake news.
You Port people need to actually get over your hatred of Ricciuto.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:19 am

MW wrote:
morell wrote:

Was it fake footage of the Port fans streaming for the train station? Yes other clubs supporters do it, sorry....ALL clubs supporters do it...but it's not fake news.

Riccuito is not different to Eddie McGuire. Ruccuito is an Adelaide board member, he's got an official role at an AFL club, but he's trying to offer unbiased opinion on football in general, but generally on football in SA. I repeat he's trying, but not going very well.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 am

I certainly agree that it's a conflict of interest, like for many like you said.
MW
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:27 am

MW wrote:
morell wrote:

It is #fakenews. Riccituo very clearly said "Port fans are leaving in droves! They're filthy!" Which was then followed up with a shot of maybe a dozen fans making their way to the gates. Nothing abnormal at all, happens every game, win lose or draw, from every club.

The message was very clear that Port fans left because they thought we were going to lose ... that initiated about a weeks worth of media cycles lambasting Port fans on social networks and radio/TV spots. Everyone believed it.

It' the epitome of #fakenews.

I don't hate Roo at all. Quite like him in fact. But lets call a spade a spade - he's as anti-Port as anyone but has to try and hide it for his media career.
morell
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:34 am

Tredrea is not much better. Both him and roo should never do Port and crows game. Both boarder on barracking.

Fake news haha please
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby morell » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:37 am

It was a fabrication from Ricciuto because of his bias which was picked up on and exacerbated across the country to create negative headlines.

If you don't think that is #fakenews, then you don't know what #fakenews is.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:47 am

morell wrote:
MW wrote:
morell wrote:

It is #fakenews. Riccituo very clearly said "Port fans are leaving in droves! They're filthy!" Which was then followed up with a shot of maybe a dozen fans making their way to the gates. Nothing abnormal at all, happens every game, win lose or draw, from every club.

The message was very clear that Port fans left because they thought we were going to lose ... that initiated about a weeks worth of media cycles lambasting Port fans on social networks and radio/TV spots. Everyone believed it.

It' the epitome of #fakenews.

I don't hate Roo at all. Quite like him in fact. But lets call a spade a spade - he's as anti-Port as anyone but has to try and hide it for his media career.

10 points down in a low scoring affair in the wet with 1:40 on the clock. Who didn't? Took one very good goal and one extraordinary piece of football genius to pull it off*.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:49 am

morell wrote:It was a fabrication from Ricciuto because of his bias which was picked up on and exacerbated across the country to create negative headlines.

You give Mark more credit than he deserves
MW
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:03 am

Pffft, I left 10 minutes into the last quarter against the Crows.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:15 am

They may have been searching for a bar still serving beers.. The amount of food facilities and bars that shut at 3 qtr time is rather annoying

Morell/Booney, leave Roo alone pls. Poor bloke is just trying to make a living..

Someone mentioned Eddie McGuire and his commentary, I love listening to Eddie commentate all games, its fantastic. Especially compared to some of the other tripe we have to tolerate
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:46 am

human_torpedo wrote:Someone mentioned Eddie McGuire and his commentary, I love listening to Eddie commentate all games, its fantastic. Especially compared to some of the other tripe we have to tolerate

Yep, easily one of the best going around.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby morell » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:06 pm

MW wrote:
morell wrote:It was a fabrication from Ricciuto because of his bias which was picked up on and exacerbated across the country to create negative headlines.

You give Mark more credit than he deserves
That the thing, I don't think he planned it, but his bias snuck out.

That's what bias does, its almost unconscious. As mucha as you want to control it, you can't...
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL