Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 am

#uptosomething
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:00 pm

:-?

Not sure your post is entirely accurate - it's not that people haven't "rated" the TOS playing list - or even their game plan, it's more that the higher sides (Pulteney, Elizabeth) possess a great deal of potency and depth, and of course Fitzroy recruited heavily so was a lot of talk about them.

Don't think TOS would've secured a double chance, but probably would've got a home final - full side, they wouldn't have been beaten so bad in Rd 1 which crippled their percentage. Also it's easy to sit back and say you would've won a couple extra games, but as you said, TOS have been competitive in most games - and their wins haven't been large wins either - could easily have had a few of those wins go the other way.. so really it all evens out in the end.

One quarter in Round 12 won the game against Ingle Farm, do not see that as completely dominating.

I'll go on the record and say, if Hooker, Dahlgren and Collyns don't play, TOS have no hope. Stimson was good in Rd 12 as the 4th midfielder, but if he doesn't play and they go with Windebank then Gannell will destroy him in the ruck.

Agree with the comment about B grade though, think if TOS are full strength, the bigger Rowe Park will suit them better than the Brahma Lodge side.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Views From the US » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Zartan wrote::-?

Not sure your post is entirely accurate - it's not that people haven't "rated" the TOS playing list - or even their game plan, it's more that the higher sides (Pulteney, Elizabeth) possess a great deal of potency and depth, and of course Fitzroy recruited heavily so was a lot of talk about them.

Don't think TOS would've secured a double chance, but probably would've got a home final - full side, they wouldn't have been beaten so bad in Rd 1 which crippled their percentage. Also it's easy to sit back and say you would've won a couple extra games, but as you said, TOS have been competitive in most games - and their wins haven't been large wins either - could easily have had a few of those wins go the other way.. so really it all evens out in the end.

One quarter in Round 12 won the game against Ingle Farm, do not see that as completely dominating.

I'll go on the record and say, if Hooker, Dahlgren and Collyns don't play, TOS have no hope. Stimson was good in Rd 12 as the 4th midfielder, but if he doesn't play and they go with Windebank then Gannell will destroy him in the ruck.

Agree with the comment about B grade though, think if TOS are full strength, the bigger Rowe Park will suit them better than the Brahma Lodge side.

Completely dominate for one quarter tho....and also only had to split the games against Brama and would have finished 3rd, so I think can say the TOS could have sewn up a double chance. They didn't take care of their business at the weekend vs. Pulteney to get 3rd, but after every loss since round 2, TOS have played better and scoreboard has reflected that.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:03 pm

Views From the US wrote:.and also only had to split the games against Brama and would have finished 3rd, so I think can say the TOS could have sewn up a double chance. .

Only had to have Elizabeth kick half straight (7.17) and you lose Rd 10
Only had to have Ingle Farm kick straighter in the last quarter (3.4) and you lose Rd 12

You don't think every side has dropped games they should've/could've won?

Trinity finished where they deserved to finish, end of story. Stay safe in the US - you'll be sorely missed in the A grade over finals ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Views From the US » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Fair enough.

Yes 1-3 start cost TOS of potential higher spots. One out doesn't outweigh the number of inclusions however.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Pretty good year from TOS, given the losses of Spurr, MacPhail, Cotter, Zorich x 2 in pre season I expected them to be up against it this season. Finishing with 12 wins is a great effort. It is all worthless now though as we enter the finals series, they finished the same spot last season with 5.5 wins, but its not how you get there, its how you perform once you're there..

Should be a cracking finals series all round
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Zartan is the Ingle Farm v TOS game 2.15 or 2.30 start?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Pag wrote:Zartan is the Ingle Farm v TOS game 2.15 or 2.30 start?

Think it's 2:15 - earlier in the week SportingPulse had it listed as 2:30, but it's been adjusted since then back to normal, and I haven't heard anything to suggest otherwise, but it's probably better suited to inallseriousness or old farmer - they'd have more idea than me.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Zartan wrote:
Views From the US wrote:.and also only had to split the games against Brama and would have finished 3rd, so I think can say the TOS could have sewn up a double chance. .

Only had to have Elizabeth kick half straight (7.17) and you lose Rd 10
Only had to have Ingle Farm kick straighter in the last quarter (3.4) and you lose Rd 12

You don't think every side has dropped games they should've/could've won?

Trinity finished where they deserved to finish, end of story. Stay safe in the US - you'll be sorely missed in the A grade over finals ;)

Had BLFC beat Salisbury West, Elizabeth, Ingle Farm x 2 and Pulteney x 2 they would have secured the first week of finals off! :lol:
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby cossi11 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Masha wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:
Zartan wrote:
oldman wrote:Elizabeth to start short priced favourites against Brahma Lodge after smacking them in round 18 by 13 goals this could turn ugly early as Elizabeth will win and win easily and book their spot in the 2nd semi whilst Brahma could find themselves on the back of 3 straight losses in a do or die final in week 2..

Agreed. Only thing that may work in Brahma's favour is the weather, but on the larger Argana Park just don't think they've got the aerobic capacity to go with Elizabeth.

David Savage will be a huge blow for the Tigers in the midfield as well, while I would think the Eagles could recall as many as 4, with Makris, Cotter, Shephard and Paradiso noticeable absentees from last week.

Reynolds will have a day out, and Upton is arguably one of the premier backmen in the comp at the moment.

Too much power around the ground, and i'd expect the Eagles will tinker their match ups a fraction this week so Steele and McIntyre will be shut down.

Elizabeth are the team to beat and wouldn't be surprised if they destroy each of the teams in their path to glory!!

They have the best form coming into this finals series 8 wins in-arrow an impressive feat that will continue to climb. It involved beating Pulteney on their home deck by a convincing 49 points and Ingle Farm who they too were on a winning strict until they met.

The eagles have one weakness in their overall team structure the forwards have been so damaging during the back 9 of the minor round. To have two strong focal points in Cotter & Woodland it makes any football team jealous and nervous. The midfield lead by Jye McConnell in the ruck always gives his onball brigade first use of the ball. They just squeeze the opposition and make it a true contested game and just bully the oposition into forced errors. The most underrated player in this div would be Trent Greenshields "The Mountain" is just a bull in the stoppages with no player able to contain his intimidating frame.

Its a matter of who's playing for second then who's going to win division 6 sorry.

Seems BLFC coaching staff agreed with what has been written and decided not to train last night. Instead it was a chin wag in the clubrooms. Probably just putting all their efforts into the home 1st Semi next weekend instead.

lol is that the code word for 400m sprints?
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Masha » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:07 pm

cossi11 wrote:
Masha wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:
Zartan wrote:Agreed. Only thing that may work in Brahma's favour is the weather, but on the larger Argana Park just don't think they've got the aerobic capacity to go with Elizabeth.

David Savage will be a huge blow for the Tigers in the midfield as well, while I would think the Eagles could recall as many as 4, with Makris, Cotter, Shephard and Paradiso noticeable absentees from last week.

Reynolds will have a day out, and Upton is arguably one of the premier backmen in the comp at the moment.

Too much power around the ground, and i'd expect the Eagles will tinker their match ups a fraction this week so Steele and McIntyre will be shut down.

Elizabeth are the team to beat and wouldn't be surprised if they destroy each of the teams in their path to glory!!

They have the best form coming into this finals series 8 wins in-arrow an impressive feat that will continue to climb. It involved beating Pulteney on their home deck by a convincing 49 points and Ingle Farm who they too were on a winning strict until they met.

The eagles have one weakness in their overall team structure the forwards have been so damaging during the back 9 of the minor round. To have two strong focal points in Cotter & Woodland it makes any football team jealous and nervous. The midfield lead by Jye McConnell in the ruck always gives his onball brigade first use of the ball. They just squeeze the opposition and make it a true contested game and just bully the oposition into forced errors. The most underrated player in this div would be Trent Greenshields "The Mountain" is just a bull in the stoppages with no player able to contain his intimidating frame.

Its a matter of who's playing for second then who's going to win division 6 sorry.

Seems BLFC coaching staff agreed with what has been written and decided not to train last night. Instead it was a chin wag in the clubrooms. Probably just putting all their efforts into the home 1st Semi next weekend instead.

lol is that the code word for 400m sprints?

Depends....got sore legs? Actually scrap that, you are old and probably get sore legs just watching footy.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Masha wrote:you are old.

Hello pot...JPG
Hello pot...JPG (14.99 KiB) Viewed 3683 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Masha » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Zartan wrote:
Masha wrote:you are old.

Hello pot...JPG

Bahaha. Not bad.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Bullrider » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 am

Heard from a Fitzroy insiders Burke making a move to Coach A's in 2018.

Let the Coaching trade deals begin, plenty of open positions and a few more to come I reckon.
Bullrider
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am

Bullrider wrote:Heard from a Fitzroy insiders Burke making a move to Coach A's in 2018.

Let the Coaching trade deals begin, plenty of open positions and a few more to come I reckon.

Hope this is true, think he would be ideal for the job.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby one day I will » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:40 am

Zartan wrote:
Bullrider wrote:Heard from a Fitzroy insiders Burke making a move to Coach A's in 2018.

He is a good lad, wish him all the best. He's probably the only player at Fitzroy that didn't complain all day on the field.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:43 am

one day I will wrote:
Zartan wrote:

He is a good lad, wish him all the best. He's probably the only player at Fitzroy that didn't complain all day on the field.

He would have been puffing that heavily he wouldnt have been physically able to complain about anything..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby one day I will » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:59 am

human_torpedo wrote:
one day I will wrote:
Zartan wrote:

He would have been puffing that heavily he wouldnt have been physically able to complain about anything..

Haha spot on :partyman:
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 pm

I've heard Paul Niven is the front runner for the Roys job..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Zartan wrote:I've heard Paul Niven is the front runner for the Roys job..

Do you think they'll see the back of Bourke?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League