23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby Bullrider » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 am

I was at the Rosewater vs Glenunga game that was being broadcast and the Rosewater guy with the blonde dreads was yellow carded for laughing at a field umpire who fellover his own feet, it was bloody funny, (the Umpire falling over, not the Yellow card.)

I reckon Rosewater created a rod for there own back last year and are copping the maximum whack for any indiscretion this year.

My experience with the head coach is that he is serious about lifting the standards and has been let down by a few that have not bought into lifting the bar on & off field, it takes a team effort, from President, Coach, Committee, Members and players to evolve.
Hopefully they get on with it and clean house where needed, they will dominate Div 6 next year and I reckon will be back in Div 5 the following.
Bullrider
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Bullrider wrote:I was at the Rosewater vs Glenunga game that was being broadcast and the Rosewater guy with the blonde dreads was yellow carded for laughing at a field umpire who fellover his own feet, it was bloody funny, (the Umpire falling over, not the Yellow card.)

I reckon Rosewater created a rod for there own back last year and are copping the maximum whack for any indiscretion this year.

My experience with the head coach is that he is serious about lifting the standards and has been let down by a few that have not bought into lifting the bar on & off field, it takes a team effort, from President, Coach, Committee, Members and players to evolve.
Hopefully they get on with it and clean house where needed, they will dominate Div 6 next year and I reckon will be back in Div 5 the following.

I'm pretty confident in saying any bloke who done that sort of headbutt would have copped the same whack.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Lockleys had Channel 9 at their training on Thursday night. The big moment where the $500 cheque gets presented by Tredrea and Rehn at the end of sport, and they lose the feed and cut back to the studio.

Would the Lockleys President be bit pi55ed he missed out on his two minutes of fame??
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby bloodhound » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:15 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Lockleys had Channel 9 at their training on Thursday night. The big moment where the $500 cheque gets presented by Tredrea and Rehn at the end of sport, and they lose the feed and cut back to the studio.

Would the Lockleys President be bit pi55ed he missed out on his two minutes of fame??

We cut the feed ourselves as Giffo as already had his two minutes of fame!!
bloodhound
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Nixon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Dolphins run out winners by 9 goals, big Matty Raymond with 5 goals, was a close game until the last quarter.
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Wilbur » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Nixon wrote:Dolphins run out winners by 9 goals, big Matty Raymond with 5 goals, was a close game until the last quarter.

Hopefully Lockleys can refund their order for premiership shirts that was placed in March
Wilbur

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Wilbur wrote:
Nixon wrote:Dolphins run out winners by 9 goals, big Matty Raymond with 5 goals, was a close game until the last quarter.

Hopefully Lockleys can refund their order for premiership shirts that was placed in March

They were quite chirpy round 1 when they knocked us off. Things were said like 'shit football club' & 'you'll be in div 6 next year.' I enjoyed the win yesterday.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Pooraka As to Lockleys and Bs to Glenunga wonder if the league will start our Bs bit earlier so we can get to the As...
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby carey » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Pooraka As to Lockleys and Bs to Glenunga wonder if the league will start our Bs bit earlier so we can get to the As...

They won't.

Just my view but I believe it should be 12 and 2.30 yes there is a bigger gap between games but gives clubs a chance to get to other venues if the sides are split up.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby old farmer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Pooraka As to Lockleys and Bs to Glenunga wonder if the league will start our Bs bit earlier so we can get to the As...

Unlikely. Didn't happen this weekend, so why will it next .
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby wassprinttospace » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:05 am

Well done to both CBC B grade and Pooraka A grade against us on the weekend.

CBC taught us a few lessons about finals footy and staying focussed on the contest which our lads will learn from. Good to have a double chance.

Our A grade just couldn't hang on long enough, 10 points up with less than 5 minutes to go and in the blink of an eye they were 9 points down.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:56 am

Dolphin Treasure wrote:They were quite chirpy round 1 when they knocked us off. Things were said like 'shit football club' & 'you'll be in div 6 next year.' I enjoyed the win yesterday.

winners are grinners DT..what goes around comes around and we received it all back with some interest on saturday!

well played in both grades..good luck this weekend..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:48 am

old farmer wrote:

League has decided to start our game 30 minutes earlier giving us time to drive down to Lockleys
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:11 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:Well done to both CBC B grade and Pooraka A grade against us on the weekend.

CBC taught us a few lessons about finals footy and staying focussed on the contest which our lads will learn from. Good to have a double chance.

Our A grade just couldn't hang on long enough, 10 points up with less than 5 minutes to go and in the blink of an eye they were 9 points down.

As much as it's all about the A's it would be a good consolation prize with how your 2's r going. A strong b grade is important to a clubs success.

Wouldn't be surprised if we face off again these finals, wether it's next weekend or the following.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:28 pm

zedman wrote:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:They were quite chirpy round 1 when they knocked us off. Things were said like 'shit football club' & 'you'll be in div 6 next year.' I enjoyed the win yesterday.

winners are grinners DT..what goes around comes around and we received it all back with some interest on saturday!

well played in both grades..good luck this weekend..

I've been bottling that for a bit plus you add in half a 30 can block and you might not type the smartest things on SAFooty.... I hate it when people come on here & take pot shots at my club. :oops: We've copped a bit over the last few years & been on the end of some hidings & had little A grade success. I should be more aware how easily things can change in footy from week to week. No one likes a sore winner, apologies.

On to the stuff that matters, I rate our chances against the flag favourites Glenunga this weekend.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
old farmer wrote:

League has decided to start our game 30 minutes earlier giving us time to drive down to Lockleys

The league didn't want to upset you RS. Would've been a long week on the forum if they didn't start your game later ;)
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:
old farmer wrote:

The league didn't want to upset you RS. Would've been a long week on the forum if they didn't start your game later ;)

King of the North :) quick question Damien Raidis only played 3 games for you guys this year but 6 for CLG i thought it had to be 4 games at same club to be able to play finals ?
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:King of the North :) quick question Damien Raidis only played 3 games for you guys this year but 6 for CLG i thought it had to be 4 games at same club to be able to play finals ?

Pretty sure he played a couple of C grade games. If not I'm sure the club has got the appropriate permits.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby scottroo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:51 pm

He played 2 c grade
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 pm

How hard is it to do proper research people. I know this is SA Footy where facts get in the way of a good yarn but a quick look on the website shows he played 6 games for CLG before transferring to CBCOC in June. He then played 3 C grade games followed by 3 B grade games for CBCOC. So comfortably qualified to play finals in B grade but a permit needed for C grade if no open selection.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League