6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby Wilbur » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:04 am

The_Informer wrote:It was mentioned in a update from the league a couple of weeks ago that the 4 game qualification will be stuck too and no permits would be given for that.
Yes can understand the coaching staffs opinion out there but when your senior coach is wearing board shorts and a t shirt coaching doesn't give you the warmest feeling.

Sounds like he was feeling warm enough at least
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:03 am

oldman wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:Seen the Pultney coach at the Elizabeth v Lodge game yesterday sitting there with his folder taking notes then thought he would get mouthy towards the Elizabeth boys, soon shut up when they stormed home after being down by 9 goals early in the 3rd, maybe he should have just written "F#ck"
Also heard to say "I would go get a beer but these ferals would only sell West End" maybe if you knobs had clubrooms and sold West End you would have a home final this week haha

Totally incorrect. Yep we were there to watch as you would expect. Absolutely at no stage did anyone from the group engage with anyone from either club. At half time it was looking like Brahma Lodge were going to be our opponents next week but to Elizabeth's credit they fought back hard and overran Brahma and looked impressive doing so. They are definitely the team to beat after that come from behind win and considering we have lost a couple of key players to injury neither played round 18 either.

As for the quote about getting a beer your not even close. What was said was and I quote "I can't believe they don't charge for cars to enter the ground today and on top of that I went to the bar to buy 4 West Ends only to be told I can't take them out of the clubroom but if I have beers in my car feel free to drink them." Thought it strange that they just gave up the chance to make some easy $$$.

Oh and ROOBOY18 its actually Pulteney not Pultney.

Do you even actually believe that?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 am

Thoughts on the Elizabeth v Brahma Lodge game?

Looking at the results quickly, first thing that pops into your head is Lodge choked badly.. but then word on the street is they picked up injuries to McKee, Brooks and Richter - that's essentially their starting ruck/mid - fair loss to cop, and could explain the drastic shift in momentum.

I'm torn.. i look at the scores and think Elizabeth perhaps were a bit off the boil, or perhaps they were outworked by Brahma - means they're vulnerable, they can be caught.. but then on the flip side i look at a 9 goal 10 3rd quarter and honestly it scares me. That they can have a half hour period of such incredible dominance, and eventually running out 26 point winners comfortably.

Brahma Lodge - same, i look and think wow their best efforts are clearly good enough - is it sustainable though? Did these injuries potentially cost them a win? Did they just stop dead in the 3rd term?

Should be two very interesting games this weekend with Pulteney v Elizabeth and Brahma Lodge v Ingle Farm - not sure you could pick any side with any great confidence..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:22 am

Zartan wrote:Thoughts on the Elizabeth v Brahma Lodge game?

Looking at the results quickly, first thing that pops into your head is Lodge choked badly.. but then word on the street is they picked up injuries to McKee, Brooks and Richter - that's essentially their starting ruck/mid - fair loss to cop, and could explain the drastic shift in momentum.

I'm torn.. i look at the scores and think Elizabeth perhaps were a bit off the boil, or perhaps they were outworked by Brahma - means they're vulnerable, they can be caught.. but then on the flip side i look at a 9 goal 10 3rd quarter and honestly it scares me. That they can have a half hour period of such incredible dominance, and eventually running out 26 point winners comfortably.

Brahma Lodge - same, i look and think wow their best efforts are clearly good enough - is it sustainable though? Did these injuries potentially cost them a win? Did they just stop dead in the 3rd term?

Should be two very interesting games this weekend with Pulteney v Elizabeth and Brahma Lodge v Ingle Farm - not sure you could pick any side with any great confidence..

In the first half Brahma were winning the ball out of the middle and then in the second a massive 360 occurred Elizabeth won every centre clearance and just put the pressure on the BL backs. Brooks was a massive loss when he went down half way through the second quarter what looked to be a serious shoulder injury so were down one on rotation. McKee also was struggling and another guy with some serious dreadlocks did a Hamstring so they only really had 1player on bench for the second half. Elizabeth were also down a player with Upton doing a hamstring just before half time.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 am

Views from the game - Elizabeth v Ingle Farm.

Good unit the Eagles, controlled the game from start to finish. Worked harder, were cleaner with the ball and their pressure - particularly in defence was exceptional.

Ingle Farm were lazy, reactive and undisciplined. Gifted possession and field position far too easily and had too many passengers that just didn't want to work hard enough.

Hall, Platten, Glenie were huge all day for Elizabeth, and Quirk got off the chain in the second half to kick 6 after having a quiet first half. McCafferty still continues to shit me off.. watching his stroll around all day and do as he pleases while racking up kicks and no one seems to want to go near him! Incredibly frustrating!

Brett Watts, Dylan Maslen and Ryan Hollamby worked well out of defence, and thought Sam Harrisons game on the wing was 1st class.

Wasn't all one way traffic, Farmers had some moments of control, but just couldn't convert F50 entries, and had zero pressure inside 50, which meant the ball came out faster than it went in, and the faith the Elizabeth mids/wings had on their back 6 to win the ball back meant when it was turned over they had a paddock to work in.

Will be a very good game against Pulteney this week, be interesting to see how that result falls.

For Ingle Farm, don't think there could be a more dangerous task than playing Brahma at their ground, given they've received a life - they'll be desperate to make it count, and if the Farmers play anything like they did Saturday then it'll be out in straight sets for them.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:27 am

hfoxe16 wrote:Brooks was a massive loss when he went down half way through the second quarter what looked to be a serious shoulder injury so were down one on rotation. McKee also was struggling and another guy with some serious dreadlocks did a Hamstring so they only really had 1player on bench for the second half. Elizabeth were also down a player with Upton doing a hamstring just before half time.

Sounds like Richter i think - big loss.

Upton is a huge loss for Elizabeth as well.

If McKee doesn't come up ok for this week, who goes up for Brahma - do they take Craven, Nathan Hall or maybe left field give Ben Fuller a phone call?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:52 am

Zartan wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Brooks was a massive loss when he went down half way through the second quarter what looked to be a serious shoulder injury so were down one on rotation. McKee also was struggling and another guy with some serious dreadlocks did a Hamstring so they only really had 1player on bench for the second half. Elizabeth were also down a player with Upton doing a hamstring just before half time.

If McKee doesn't come up ok for this week, who goes up for Brahma - do they take Craven, Nathan Hall or maybe left field give Ben Fuller a phone call?

I will be 100% ready to play this week. Really looking forward to going against garnell this week as our rucking styles are pretty similar.

Brahma lodge has been very lucky in the past 3 years with injuries but unfortunately looks like we might be on the end of some bad luck.

I think the 4 best teams have made it to the right time of the year and the team that takes it out will have to win 2/3 hard faught battles. Depth cpuld play a huge part in the final 4 games of the year
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby ROOBOY18 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
oldman wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:Seen the Pultney coach at the Elizabeth v Lodge game yesterday sitting there with his folder taking notes then thought he would get mouthy towards the Elizabeth boys, soon shut up when they stormed home after being down by 9 goals early in the 3rd, maybe he should have just written "F#ck"
Also heard to say "I would go get a beer but these ferals would only sell West End" maybe if you knobs had clubrooms and sold West End you would have a home final this week haha

Totally incorrect. Yep we were there to watch as you would expect. Absolutely at no stage did anyone from the group engage with anyone from either club. At half time it was looking like Brahma Lodge were going to be our opponents next week but to Elizabeth's credit they fought back hard and overran Brahma and looked impressive doing so. They are definitely the team to beat after that come from behind win and considering we have lost a couple of key players to injury neither played round 18 either.

As for the quote about getting a beer your not even close. What was said was and I quote "I can't believe they don't charge for cars to enter the ground today and on top of that I went to the bar to buy 4 West Ends only to be told I can't take them out of the clubroom but if I have beers in my car feel free to drink them." Thought it strange that they just gave up the chance to make some easy $$$.

Oh and ROOBOY18 its actually Pulteney not Pultney.

Do you even actually believe that?

:lol: :lol: If any club would want to make a dollar surely the Biff would hey Oldman....being feral and stuff ;)
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:11 pm

jo172 wrote:Haven't had a whole lot to do with TOS over the years but have had enough to do with them to understand the schadenfreude at play

Agreed. Brings a big smile on a Monday morning!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby cossi11 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Zartan wrote:

He said to me after the game he will be right to go, was just a minor hyper-extension of the knee he said..
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Attention Brahma Lodge
Reckon you mob should put drink specials on siren to siren during the A grade fixture this week.. Heard Para Hills did $3.50 red tins last week - i'm not that greedy, lets just make it an even $5 for Super Drys - or knock down the cost of your scotches for me..

Or package up some deals - fat boy special and 2x beers $15 :D 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Zartan wrote:Attention Brahma Lodge
Reckon you mob should put drink specials on siren to siren during the A grade fixture this week.. Heard Para Hills did $3.50 red tins last week - i'm not that greedy, lets just make it an even $5 for Super Drys - or knock down the cost of your scotches for me..

Or package up some deals - fat boy special and 2x beers $15 :D 8)

Then straight after our game they bang them back up again! I want to play B grade.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:07 pm

carey wrote:Then straight after our game they bang them back up again!

That's terrible! If i had knows PH had $3.50 red tins siren to siren before Saturday, i wouldn't have wasted my time heading back to Ingle Farm to watch the A grade!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:Then straight after our game they bang them back up again!

That's terrible! If i had knows PH had $3.50 red tins siren to siren before Saturday, i wouldn't have wasted my time heading back to Ingle Farm to watch the A grade!

If it was for free I would still not lower myself to that level.
Look what it has done to Micky H.
Poison.
Attachments
IMG_5008.JPG
IMG_5008.JPG (15.94 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Look what Sparking does though.. looks like this guys computer has crashed!

IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG (138.91 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby old fullback » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Trinity OS = FLOGS.. F#.K Em..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:58 pm

old fullback wrote:Trinity OS = FLOGS.. F#.K Em..

Carn mate, that's yesterday's news.. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Zartan wrote:Look what Sparking does though.. looks like this guys computer has crashed!

IMG_0428.JPG

Sparkling is a deadly potion. High alcohol and brewed the exact same way as champagne so it goes straight to your head. Best beer on earth out of the tap.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:50 am

Zartan Live Press Conference Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:44 am
Thank you all for coming this morning, understand you all are quite busy. I'll get straight to it..
It is with a heavy heart that after much time considering the future, i've decided the time is right to hang up the keyboard, and retire from Safooty.net.

It's been a wonderful journey along the way, and i must say thank you to all those who have supported me to reach my potential and help be the biggest jerk and pest I possibly could be - i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. The early morning posts, the after dinner posts, mid meetings posts and the drunken posts generally followed by the difficult recovery period, the support has always been there and got me through my darkest times.

The time has come, i feel I have nothing further to contribute, and believe the timing is perfect to now enjoy time and focus on a new exciting chapter in my life moving forward, and leave the keyboard before my fingers tire and the forums pass me by.

Good luck to everyone moving forward, i'll miss the frenemies i've made along the way.

Thank you, now piss off.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:05 am

No worries, let me know when to wave the stick.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League