Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Relegate Fitzroy, they were only getting 5 blokes to training anyway.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:21 pm

Same way that they sorted it out this year. One up, two down.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Animus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Just had a look at their results this year...Surely Lonsdale would start in Div 7 !
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:23 pm

morell wrote:Gee whizz I am surprised how much stock has been put into one less bloke standing on the sidelines has caused I must admit. What difference would that make exactly? Would I give off special ju ju juice to inspire them?

I didn't give it a second thought - another football faux pas that I have committed no doubt.

Why go watch your AFL team live?

I don't think it has anything to do with having "an extra bloke on the sideline" or "the difference you'd make", think it's about being a supporting member of the side/club. Having a united front, and actively showing your support with your presence.

You've played majority A grade games this year, would've thought you'd be there to "cheer/support" your "mates" on a big occasion?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:23 pm

They smashed us in a trial. Again, the SFL is a much better competition than people think. They're losing to the equivalent of D2 clubs FFS.

They're D6 standard at worst.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:24 pm

morell wrote:Same way that they sorted it out this year. One up, two down.

Surely a pisstake?

Don't think that could happen now anyway, you'd think clubs would need to have ample notice of a move like that potentially happening.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Gee whizz I am surprised how much stock has been put into one less bloke standing on the sidelines has caused I must admit. What difference would that make exactly? Would I give off special ju ju juice to inspire them?

I didn't give it a second thought - another football faux pas that I have committed no doubt.

Why go watch your AFL team live?
Because I find it entertaining and enjoy it! I don't find watching my team entertaining or enjoyable.

Zartan wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with having "an extra bloke on the sideline" or "the difference you'd make", think it's about being a supporting member of the side/club. Having a united front, and actively showing your support with your presence.
K.

Zartan wrote:You've played majority A grade games this year, would've thought you'd be there to "cheer/support" your "mates" on a big occasion?
Maybe since I've played the majority A Grade this year I should be given a Saturday off when the opportunity arises? I know I wouldn't care if anyone does or doesn't come and watch.

Again, you're probably right and my mates gave me a bit of stick, but none of these things went though my brain and I don't understand the logic and reasoning.

I gave up every night during the week bar one for the club, give me an arvo off for **** sake.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Same way that they sorted it out this year. One up, two down.

Surely a pisstake?

Don't think that could happen now anyway, you'd think clubs would need to have ample notice of a move like that potentially happening.

Why? It happened last year.

I'd agree that it would suck and some heads up would be nice, but they probably cant do that until Lonsdale and/or Marion sign on the dotted line.
morell
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm

It does seem strange Morell, not meaning to gang up on you.
Anyway, each to their own.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Zartan wrote:Don't think that could happen now anyway, you'd think clubs would need to have ample notice of a move like that potentially happening.

Would think that the two SFL clubs would slot into D7. Minimises grievances from existing CH9AFL clubs.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:32 pm

MW wrote:It does seem strange Morell, not meaning to gang up on you.
Anyway, each to their own.

Haha not the first time nor the last that I have appeared "strange" to the football punditry Em-Dubs!

the funny thing is, though, it's all you footballing freaks that are the weird ones. The rest of society looks at the close knit local football world with utter bemusement.

"So wait, you have to train two times a week AND go back to the club on a Saturday?"
"hang on, your club doesn't cover your medical expenses if you get hurt?"
"Wait wait wait... you have to wear black slacks to the game? Are you playing SANFL?"
"What do you mean you cant come to my birthday because you have training?"
"You shower, naked, with other men? Isn't that a bit ... you know?"

Are all comments I have heard just in the last month from non-football people.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Q. wrote:
Zartan wrote:Don't think that could happen now anyway, you'd think clubs would need to have ample notice of a move like that potentially happening.

Would think that the two SFL clubs would slot into D7. Minimises grievances from existing CH9AFL clubs.
Except for all the existing D7 clubs that would be dominated *again* by another club entering the competition, of course.

One not getting promoted = one affected.
Lonsdale coming into D7 = many affected.

They would've probably won D7 in a canter this year, Para Hills and Luthies included.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:39 pm

morell wrote:Why? It happened last year.

I'd agree that it would suck and some heads up would be nice, but they probably cant do that until Lonsdale and/or Marion sign on the dotted line.

It happened last year, but clubs were notified well in advance - everyone knew well before finals only one would go up, where as this year we've already got to finals. Can't see the decision being made in the next fortnight, so essentially a club could make a GF, get excited and begin planning for D6 only to be tapped on the should and told "bad luck".

Given West Croydon this year, I believe now that not rewarding those who have earned it has potential to derail a club for a bit.. plus if Para Hills happened to lose the GF not sure i could handle another 12 months of you complaining of a D5 premiership side in D7 :P :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:41 pm

morell wrote:Except for all the existing D7 clubs that would be dominated *again* by another club entering the competition, of course.

They would've probably won D7 in a canter this year, Para Hills and Luthies included.

North Pines will prob fold, PAOC may elect to go back to C grade divs.. So you'd have Houghton & Mawson Lakes come down + Mitchell Park, TTG and St Pauls still in 7, i think the additional two sides would fit in nicely to that group and strengthen the standard of D7 all round.

Relegate Fitzroy and they'd dominate D7 anyway, so same/same :lol:
Last edited by The Bedge on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Why? It happened last year.

It happened last year, but clubs were notified well in advance - everyone knew well before finals only one would go up, where as this year we've already got to finals. Can't see the decision being made in the next fortnight, so essentially a club could make a GF, get excited and begin planning for D6 only to be tapped on the should and told "bad luck".

Given West Croydon this year, I believe now that not rewarding those who have earned it has potential to derail a club for a bit.. plus if Para Hills happened to lose the GF not sure i could handle another 12 months of you complaining of a D5 premiership side in D7 :P :lol:
What if West Croyden went up and the same thing happened? Might not of won a game. Its all if nuts and candy nuts anyway.

Suffice to say I am a huge proponent of grading and placing teams to their most appropriate standard, not abiding by some sort of mythical "whats fair" algorithm that may or may not exist in the minds of some.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Except for all the existing D7 clubs that would be dominated *again* by another club entering the competition, of course.

North Pines will prob fold, PAOC may elect to go back to C grade divs.. So you'd have Houghton & Mawson Lakes come down + Mitchell Park, TTG and St Pauls still in 7, i think the additional two sides would fit in nicely to that group and strengthen the standard of D7 all round.

Relegate Fitzroy and they'd dominate D7 anyway, so same/same :lol:
Lonsdale > Marion.

Lonsdale are a mid table D6 standard football club right now IMO. Marion mid table D7.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:47 pm

morell wrote:Lonsdale are a mid table D6 standard football club right now IMO. Marion mid table D7.

So are Fitzroy..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:48 pm

I never said to relegate Fitzroy ya pelican :lol:
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:48 pm

morell wrote:What if West Croyden went up and the same thing happened? Might not of won a game. Its all if nuts and candy nuts anyway.

Yes what if.. maybe correct - but at least they earned that opportunity to fail in the higher grade :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm

morell wrote:I never said to relegate Fitzroy ya pelican :lol:

Oh yeah - 1 up, 2 down, sorry i forgot :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League