Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Snags » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:48 pm

hairy cat wrote:So what happens now
Never heard of a team being reported
Is it a club report perhaps
Maybe this umpire should've been at Virginia going by snags view

I think I know the umpire that was doing the united game, he can come do the B grade if he wants. :lol:
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Woofa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:44 am

hairy cat wrote:Can anyone shed some light on what happened at long plains yesterday it seems tigers
copped the raw end of the stick
Players sent off
Takes 2 to tango
MC please shed some light to those who weren't there

I went as i knew games between these 2 clubs can get willing & this encounter didn't disappoint. There was stuff happening off the ball throughout the first half with United seemingly getting caught as the retaliaters. This was incensing the United crowd and the players resulting in a melee at halftime. Both teams had there villians in this melee which seems surprising that only United are on report? But that just sums up the umpiring on the day. Esp the taller younger guy. You expect these clashes to be the tough encounters they are but if the umpires start penalising one club only then that is when you get frustrated players. United had no fight left in them after halftime however as it was a completely dominant display from the pies from then on.
Woofa
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:42 am

Snags wrote:Seems there was ordinary umpiring at all the games this weekend.
Virginia & two wells seen some very average umpiring in A grade & B grade.
Including a Virginia player in the B grade who has a huge tribunal record Blatantly striking a younger two wells player 5 times to the head and only getting a yellow card. Then to only come back on and throw more cheap shots around the ground.
Why continue to let a player with a history get away with this behaviour?

Rivalry round at this time of year probably stretched the umpiring resources, all 4 games were going to be somewhat fiery opposed to most rounds where there is usually one or two games that are generally placid.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Hazbeen » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Tribunal tonight for the 21 Tigers?
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:24 pm

1St Semi Finals Hamley Bridge Saturday
9:45 Junior colts AV v Mallala
10;50 Senior colts TW v Balaklava
12:30 Reserves HWE v AV
2:30 A grade Virginia v Balaklava

2nd Semi – Saturday 2nd sept at Lochiel
9:45 Junior colts TW v Balaklava
10:50 Senior Colts AV v Virginia
12:30 Reserves Mallala v Virginia
2:30 A Grade Mallala v TW
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Woofa wrote:
hairy cat wrote:Can anyone shed some light on what happened at long plains yesterday it seems tigers
Players sent off
Takes 2 to tango

I went as i knew games between these 2 clubs can get willing & this encounter didn't disappoint. There was stuff happening off the ball throughout the first half with United seemingly getting caught as the retaliaters. This was incensing the United crowd and the players resulting in a melee at halftime. Both teams had there villians in this melee which seems surprising that only United are on report? But that just sums up the umpiring on the day. Esp the taller younger guy. You expect these clashes to be the tough encounters they are but if the umpires start penalising one club only then that is when you get frustrated players. United had no fight left in them after halftime however as it was a completely dominant display from the pies from then on.

Interesting observation. Hairy cat - you're right in saying that it takes two to tango. Most games (at every level of footy) always have some level of "niggle" going on, and its usually in an attempt to get a reaction from those that lack discipline and self-control. Discipline teams can handle it, while those that lack discipline are made to look stupid because they respond by doing stupid things. There is a way of responding to it, and its pretty clear that the two United players that got sent off, were not all that smart about it. Bottom line is, the umpires did not control the level of "niggle" (from both teams) early enough and it manifested into an all-in half time scuffle.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:11 pm

I wonder how long this post will last? I give it about an hour.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:19 pm

OnSong wrote:I wonder how long this post will last? I give it about an hour.

LOL.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Off the mark? Where's the 'fishing' smiley?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Woofa wrote:
Players sent off
Takes 2 to tango

Interesting observation. Hairy cat - you're right in saying that it takes two to tango. Most games (at every level of footy) always have some level of "niggle" going on, and its usually in an attempt to get a reaction from those that lack discipline and self-control. Discipline teams can handle it, while those that lack discipline are made to look stupid because they respond by doing stupid things. There is a way of responding to it, and its pretty clear that the two United players that got sent off, were not all that smart about it. Bottom line is, the umpires did not control the level of "niggle" (from both teams) early enough and it manifested into an all-in half time scuffle.

You've basically admitted to Mallala starting all the "niggle" and United getting caught retaliating and looking stupid for doing so. You are 100% correct.

Not sure its a great thing to admit to leading into the finals, there may be umpires reading this who will now be on the lookout for Mallala instigating it. Each to their own though.

Good luck to all teams who made finals. May the best team win.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Interesting observation. Hairy cat - you're right in saying that it takes two to tango. Most games (at every level of footy) always have some level of "niggle" going on, and its usually in an attempt to get a reaction from those that lack discipline and self-control. Discipline teams can handle it, while those that lack discipline are made to look stupid because they respond by doing stupid things. There is a way of responding to it, and its pretty clear that the two United players that got sent off, were not all that smart about it. Bottom line is, the umpires did not control the level of "niggle" (from both teams) early enough and it manifested into an all-in half time scuffle.

You've basically admitted to Mallala starting all the "niggle" and United getting caught retaliating and looking stupid for doing so. You are 100% correct.

Not sure its a great thing to admit to leading into the finals, there may be umpires reading this who will now be on the lookout for Mallala instigating it. Each to their own though.

Good luck to all teams who made finals. May the best team win.

Most whom have played the game will know exactly what I mean - umpires are no different.

As is the case most weeks during the season, Mallala will be subjected to plenty of "niggle" during the finals series. If they lack discipline and self-control, and do stupid things, they will get what they deserve from the men in white. The umpires rarely get it wrong MC (they are human though so give them a bit of break!) - as is the case most years, they have been stellar again this season ;) :D
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby OnSong » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:07 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:Off the mark? Where's the 'fishing' smiley?

It might be 100 per cent accurate but I've seen others from Mallala say a lot less and it ends up being deleted or heavily edited a matter of minutes later.
I like the honesty, FWIW
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:45 am

OnSong wrote:

It might be 100 per cent accurate but I've seen others from Mallala say a lot less and it ends up being deleted or heavily edited a matter of minutes later.
I like the honesty, FWIW

BTW - to make it clear, in all of the teams that I have been involved with niggling has never been used as a tactic from a team perspective, rather it has been highly effective for many individuals that I have played with and against. I'm sure that we will see plenty of it over the next month, from all teams.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:59 am

Happy birthday Swamp Donkey
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby Snags » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:

I like the honesty, FWIW

BTW - to make it clear, in all of the teams that I have been involved with niggling has never been used as a tactic from a team perspective, rather it has been highly effective for many individuals that I have played with and against. I'm sure that we will see plenty of it over the next month, from all teams.

100% agree SD, it's not a team thing to niggle because it's not for everyone but if you are on a bloke that you know you can niggle and take his mind off the game, by all means I reckon go for it! Niggle is great for the game!
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Hazbeen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 am

1st Semi tips :

A - Balaklava by 4 pts
B - HWE by 33 pts
SC - Two Wells by 20 pts
JC - Mallala by 1 pt
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Balaklava romps in 1st semi final Balaklava 136-Virginia 74- Balaklava kicking 15goals to 4 goals after half time. HWE winners over AV in the Reserves, TW over Balaklava in the senior colts and AV over Mallala in the Junior colts.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:52 pm

2nd Semi final tips

A - Mallala by 33 pts
B - Virginia by 8 pts
SC - Angle Vale by 21 pts
JC - Balaklava by 5 pts :D
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:53 am

Bit goin on in Bushy's president's report in the Informer heaping praise on Lochiel as a ground that could host the grand final.

Thoughts?
OnSong
Coach

Postby ROOBOY18 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:13 pm

OnSong wrote:Bit goin on in Bushy's president's report in the Informer heaping praise on Lochiel as a ground that could host the grand final.

Thoughts?

Shithole!!
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy