Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby old farmer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:36 am

Zartan wrote:Zartan Live Press Conference Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:44 am
Thank you all for coming this morning, understand you all are quite busy. I'll get straight to it..
It is with a heavy heart that after much time considering the future, i've decided the time is right to hang up the keyboard, and retire from Safooty.net.

It's been a wonderful journey along the way, and i must say thank you to all those who have supported me to reach my potential and help be the biggest jerk and pest I possibly could be - i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. The early morning posts, the after dinner posts, mid meetings posts and the drunken posts generally followed by the difficult recovery period, the support has always been there and got me through my darkest times.

The time has come, i feel I have nothing further to contribute, and believe the timing is perfect to now enjoy time and focus on a new exciting chapter in my life moving forward, and leave the keyboard before my fingers tire and the forums pass me by.

Good luck to everyone moving forward, i'll miss the frenemies i've made along the way.

Thank you, now piss off.

I don't believe you [-o<
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby morell » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:44 am

Thank you all for coming this morning, understand you all are quite busy. I'll get straight to it..
It is with a heavy heart that after much time considering the future, i've decided the time is right to hang up the keyboard, and retire from Safooty.net.

It's been a wonderful journey along the way, and i must say thank you to all those who have supported me to reach my potential and help be the biggest jerk and pest I possibly could be - i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. The early morning posts, the after dinner posts, mid meetings posts and the drunken posts generally followed by the difficult recovery period, the support has always been there and got me through my darkest times.

The time has come, i feel I have nothing further to contribute, and believe the timing is perfect to now enjoy time and focus on a new exciting chapter in my life moving forward, and leave the keyboard before my fingers tire and the forums pass me by.

Good luck to everyone moving forward, i'll miss the frenemies i've made along the way.

Thank you, now piss off.
How long until we see Steeler or Short-Fuze account? 8)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:53 am

Thank you, now piss off.

Thnaks for leaving! ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:59 am

morell wrote:

Thank you, now piss off.
How long until we see Steeler or Short-Fuze account? 8)

Yeah I've got a couple to dis-enable :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Informer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Trader wrote:
jo172 wrote:Haven't had a whole lot to do with TOS over the years but have had enough to do with them to understand the schadenfreude at play

Agreed. Brings a big smile on a Monday morning!

Does anyone think Trinity might appeal this?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:26 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Trader wrote:
jo172 wrote:Haven't had a whole lot to do with TOS over the years but have had enough to do with them to understand the schadenfreude at play

Agreed. Brings a big smile on a Monday morning!

Does anyone think Trinity might appeal this?
On what grounds? Sorry commissioner our **** private school didn't teach us to count to 4 or learn to read? :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Informer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Totally agree with you but I was told they had a players meeting last night and decided to appeal. No idea what grounds but they should tread carefully!
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Nixon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 pm

The_Informer wrote:Totally agree with you but I was told they had a players meeting last night and decided to appeal. No idea what grounds but they should tread carefully!

Forgive my ignorance but what are they appealing? What has happened?
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Nixon wrote:
The_Informer wrote:Totally agree with you but I was told they had a players meeting last night and decided to appeal. No idea what grounds but they should tread carefully!

TOS cheated and are appealing the penalty for cheating.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Nixon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Q. wrote:
Nixon wrote:

What are we talking? Was this a headcount kind of scenario?
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Nixon wrote:
Q. wrote:
Nixon wrote:

What are we talking? Was this a headcount kind of scenario?

Nah, they played a bloke in the first final who'd only played 3 minor round games (need to play 4 to qualify for finals)
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Thank you, now piss off.

Thnaks for leaving! ;)

I'm with ya.
Total prick.
What happened on tour stays on tour.
He's broken the rule.
Attachments
IMG_5016.JPG
IMG_5016.JPG (138.91 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby The Informer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Also not the first time Trinity have bent the rules in the last month
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Didn't Ingle Farm have too many players on the ground in a final fairly recently? Amazing how easily mistakes can happen.

Would only take a game where this guy came in as a late change but they forgot to update the online team. He might have actually played the 4 games.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Informer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Didn't Ingle Farm have too many players on the ground in a final fairly recently? Amazing how easily mistakes can happen.

Would only take a game where this guy came in as a late change but they forgot to update the online team. He might have actually played the 4 games.

Always hard to keep on top of those teamsheets with late changes, almost like playing someone who isn't on the team sheet and leaving another name on there to get there game total up!
Last edited by The Informer on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:15 am

Word on the street Zartan had to delete his account because one of the A grade jobs he is applying for asked him to do so :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby beef » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:11 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Didn't Ingle Farm have too many players on the ground in a final fairly recently? Amazing how easily mistakes can happen.

Heard he did actually play 4 games but his 1st game was played under a different name because his clearance hadn't come through yet. So they actually cheated in that game as well, couldn't imagine they would use this in an appeal.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby morell » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:22 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Word on the street Zartan had to delete his account because one of the A grade jobs he is applying for asked him to do so :)
Wouldn't be Houghton, they're safooty royalty.
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:02 am

beef wrote:

Heard he did actually play 4 games but his 1st game was played under a different name because his clearance hadn't come through yet. So they actually cheated in that game as well, couldn't imagine they would use this in an appeal.

Well then, I'm sure that will stand up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby morell » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:30 am

Little birdy told me that the rumour is - Round 5, May 6, "Tanti" played under Todd Lamont's name, against Salisbury West., a game which TOS won by 33 points and "Tanti" kicked 2 goals.

Lamont played off HBF all year but also hardly played until July this year. The clearance was lodged 1st May but approved 11th May - only leaves one game possible where clearance hadn't gone through yet...

Allegedly.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League