6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:46 am

After being away for a couple of days, this thread delivered all that I expected. Well and truly.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby morell » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:48 am

morell wrote:Little birdy told me that the rumour is - Round 5, May 6, "Tanti" played under Todd Lamont's name, against Salisbury West., a game which TOS won by 33 points and "Tanti" kicked 2 goals.

Lamont played off HBF all year but also hardly played until July this year. The clearance was lodged 1st May but approved 11th May - only leaves one game possible where clearance hadn't gone through yet...

Allegedly.
Very reliable source has stated this is categorically untrue, so carry on!

Just an honest mistake. Would be a horrible feeling for the people involved I would suggest.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Rumour flying around that Salisbury West may be starting 2018 on negative points after the tribunal last night. Will make preseason a tough gig if true!?
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:Rumour flying around that Salisbury West may be starting 2018 on negative points after the tribunal last night. Will make preseason a tough gig if true!?

Wouldn't be the first time.

And even last time it did happen, they still won a flag.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:Rumour flying around that Salisbury West may be starting 2018 on negative points after the tribunal last night. Will make preseason a tough gig if true!?

I know.... Shouldn't have stayed in Div 4 :cry: :cry:
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Boosh » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I know.... Shouldn't have stayed in Div 4 :cry: :cry:

I am hearing you, played in the losing prelim that year.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Good Thumbs up from the Old Farmer tonight on the news. At least you got your 15 seconds of fame, unlike poor Giffo last week :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby old farmer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Good Thumbs up from the Old Farmer tonight on the news. At least you got your 15 seconds of fame, unlike poor Giffo last week :lol:

Hahaha, for once , i couldn't get a word in. Got to say though, great night and a credit to the AdFL and their partnership with Ch9. Everyone at the club had a great night and was really well run. =D>
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Turns out you were lukewarm on this one. This was just released:

Hi all. The League’s position towards on field behaviour is well documented.

Recently and following a review of tribunal records and as the season was drawing to an end, it was determined that 3 clubs were required to deposit a bond to remain eligible to compete in whatever division they were graded due to a disturbing level of tribunal activity.

This was deemed to be the most conciliatory course of action to offer some confidence to the league and opposition clubs that a player, players or club would not breach any ongoing sanction and avoid expulsion from the competition which is considered a last resort.

One of those clubs was the Salisbury West Football Club. Last Sunday a player from the SWFC Under 18Y team was reported for striking and subsequently suspended for 3 matches. The SWFC have been reported 5 times for a total of 35 matches this season.

The League offered the SWFC the opportunity to submit another deposit in lieu of the one forfeited so their U18 team may compete this Sunday in the U18Y Preliminary Final. The SWFC have voluntarily determined that they will not submit a bond and in turn forfeit the match allowing the Portland U18Y team rite of passage to the U18 Grand Final.

The League’s view on this is if any club that is required to submit a financial surety to generate some confidence that they might conduct themselves as expected and does not, validates the very concept of a bond and that is if the given club is not willing to risk a further loss of funds, why would the League risk it either.

The Salisbury West Football Club’s affiliation for season 2018 is subsequently under review.

Footy Chick

Postby Old Red » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Recently and following a review of tribunal records and as the season was drawing to an end, it was determined that 3 clubs were required to deposit a bond to remain eligible to compete in whatever division they were graded due to a disturbing level of tribunal activity.

This was deemed to be the most conciliatory course of action to offer some confidence to the league and opposition clubs that a player, players or club would not breach any ongoing sanction and avoid expulsion from the competition which is considered a last resort.

One of those clubs was the Salisbury West Football Club. Last Sunday a player from the SWFC Under 18Y team was reported for striking and subsequently suspended for 3 matches. The SWFC have been reported 5 times for a total of 35 matches this season.

The League offered the SWFC the opportunity to submit another deposit in lieu of the one forfeited so their U18 team may compete this Sunday in the U18Y Preliminary Final. The SWFC have voluntarily determined that they will not submit a bond and in turn forfeit the match allowing the Portland U18Y team rite of passage to the U18 Grand Final.

The League’s view on this is if any club that is required to submit a financial surety to generate some confidence that they might conduct themselves as expected and does not, validates the very concept of a bond and that is if the given club is not willing to risk a further loss of funds, why would the League risk it either.

The Salisbury West Football Club’s affiliation for season 2018 is subsequently under review.

Dont have a problem with it. Smart by league. Make the club have skin in the game. No skin = no game.
Old Red
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I'll take lukewarm :lol:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Postby jo172 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:09 am

How do you get to a stage where you don't have the confidence to keep one team in line for 8 quarters of footy?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Bullrider » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:47 pm

jo172 wrote:How do you get to a stage where you don't have the confidence to keep one team in line for 8 quarters of footy?

Totally agree with Jo172, whats going on when your future senior players, currently playing under 18's qualify for finals and the club says "we don't back them, we will throw the towel in, not worth the money" pretty sure most of the players involved wont be around the club next year.
Bullrider
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:01 pm

Congratulations to Ingle Farm today. Managed to be on the right end of the scoreline when the siren went. I will be very interested to see Ingle Farms thoughts on the game.
To the brahma lodge football club, today just wasnt our day. We won 5 of the 8 quarters we played this final series but find ourselves with no more football.
Based on today performance i am not sure Ingle Farm have the cattle to match elizabeth. Both relegated sides will go back to division 5.
Good luck to all involved and i look forward to what 2018 has to offer
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Inallseriousness » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:34 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:Congratulations to Ingle Farm today. Managed to be on the right end of the scoreline when the siren went. I will be very interested to see Ingle Farms thoughts on the game.
To the brahma lodge football club, today just wasnt our day. We won 5 of the 8 quarters we played this final series but find ourselves with no more football.
Based on today performance i am not sure Ingle Farm have the cattle to match elizabeth. Both relegated sides will go back to division 5.
Good luck to all involved and i look forward to what 2018 has to offer

It's always hard to find the right words when we manage to win such a close encounter! Happy...yes but feel for the opposition. Great rivalry between both clubs and the respect shown to each other at the end of the game epitomised that. All the best to Brahma for 2018

As for us....last week we had 22 contributors and today I counted 8. If somehow I can get the other 14 to be better next week...who knows what can happen. We have played do or die finals for two weeks and next week is no different. I said a long time ago that anyone in the top5 can win each week, it's who can bring it on the day,

We are under no illusions that next week will be tough. We will give it our all. I believe our cattle are good enough but so are Elizabeth's and Pulteney....who can deliver in the right moments will be telling! Bring on next week!

Lastly, thank you to Brahma for the hospitality after the game, it is much appreciated and we do feel for Joss and all involved

Cheers
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Postby one day I will » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:19 pm

All credit goes to pulteney on Saturday. They have been the better team all year and deserve the first spot in the GF. We let ourselves down in the last quarter and it cost us the game. But it's funny how their supporters started abusing our players with centrelink remarks once they hit the front, just shows how up themselves they are. But I guess we will see what happens.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:39 pm

one day I will wrote:All credit goes to pulteney on Saturday. They have been the better team all year and deserve the first spot in the GF. We let ourselves down in the last quarter and it cost us the game. But it's funny how their supporters started abusing our players with centrelink remarks once they hit the front, just shows how up themselves they are. But I guess we will see what happens.

Elizabeth has very high unemployment
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:58 pm

one day I will wrote:All credit goes to pulteney on Saturday. They have been the better team all year and deserve the first spot in the GF. We let ourselves down in the last quarter and it cost us the game. But it's funny how their supporters started abusing our players with centrelink remarks once they hit the front, just shows how up themselves they are. But I guess we will see what happens.
Let me guess Elizabeth supporters never trotted out the 'Private School Boy' routine.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby one day I will » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:01 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:

Elizabeth has very high unemployment

Haha this is true. We cop that rubbish all the time, get some new material. 95% of players don't even live in Elizabeth. Whilst the other 5% may be unemployed
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:10 pm

one day I will wrote:Haha this is true. We cop that rubbish all the time, get some new material. 95% of players don't even live in Elizabeth. Whilst the other 5% may be unemployed

Kind of amusing your B grade captain works at Centrelink :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League