Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby one day I will » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Zartan wrote:
one day I will wrote:Haha this is true. We cop that rubbish all the time, get some new material. 95% of players don't even live in Elizabeth. Whilst the other 5% may be unemployed

Kind of amusing your B grade captain works at Centrelink :lol:

We are so kind we help our own =D>
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby oldman » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Crazy fact. Brahma Lodge kicked 13.11 both weeks in the A's.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:25 am

one day I will wrote: But it's funny how their supporters started abusing our players with centrelink remarks once they hit the front, just shows how up themselves they are. But I guess we will see what happens.

Always cracks me up when that happens.
It's fun to sneer at people who appear to be 'worse off' than you.

Funnily enough, 'private school boys' call barely gets made at Elizabeth games as so many of us went to private schools, or have kids at them.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:26 am

lovetotalkfooty wrote:I will be very interested to see Ingle Farms thoughts on the game.

Out of a retirement for a short time only.. :D

Brahma Lodge were very impressive, particularly the 3rd quarter. In the first half though, it felt like it was "Steele v Spence" - both forwards were running riot. Steele is a FREAK! He must've kicked 7 goals on the weekend. quick on the lead, strong hands and a beautiful kick, but very clever as well - worked players under the ball well. Combined well with Wanganeen, and the ability to free up McIntyre to run through the midfield was very clever by Lodge.

McKee v Gannell was a good battle all day, but felt when the game was there to be won, Gannell took it up a level. A few contested marks across half forward as the Tigers looked to clear from defense were telling.

Huitema mopped up everything down back with ease, and I was actually surprised by Tippett - he moves well for a bigger lad, and he exposed the Farmers lazy forwards.

Big blows losing Savage and Brooks for this clash, but i think it was almost a blessing in disguise - forced Lodge to select Craven who proved a valuable foil for McKee, and Cook & Krelle who added much needed outside speed to the lineup.

One thing is certain, the Lodge can score heavily and they can score super quick! If they can tighten up the defensive aspect of their game a bit, they'll be genuine contenders next year - they have a lot of game breakers, and a lot of guys who can break lines with run and foot skills.

Terrible that there had to be a loser on Saturday, because that was genuinely one of the more enjoyable matches to watch this season, both sides could've/should've/deserved to win. Hats off to Brahma for their never say die attitude - 7 points down with less than 5min remaining and fought back to level.

Congratulations on a wonderful season in both grades, always a formidable opponent.

Oh and in closing, the Lodge have a bit of coin.. how about making some room in the budget next year to buy Groover a decent hair cut! That's the worst do i've seen since my mum made me sport a mullet back in year 3 :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:01 am

Whilst you're here temporarily then, can I comment on your teams bad kicking. ;)

did I read correctly 1.12 to half time? :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Groover » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:19 am

Zartan wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:I will be very interested to see Ingle Farms thoughts on the game.

Brahma Lodge were very impressive, particularly the 3rd quarter. In the first half though, it felt like it was "Steele v Spence" - both forwards were running riot. Steele is a FREAK! He must've kicked 7 goals on the weekend. quick on the lead, strong hands and a beautiful kick, but very clever as well - worked players under the ball well. Combined well with Wanganeen, and the ability to free up McIntyre to run through the midfield was very clever by Lodge.

McKee v Gannell was a good battle all day, but felt when the game was there to be won, Gannell took it up a level. A few contested marks across half forward as the Tigers looked to clear from defense were telling.

Huitema mopped up everything down back with ease, and I was actually surprised by Tippett - he moves well for a bigger lad, and he exposed the Farmers lazy forwards.

Big blows losing Savage and Brooks for this clash, but i think it was almost a blessing in disguise - forced Lodge to select Craven who proved a valuable foil for McKee, and Cook & Krelle who added much needed outside speed to the lineup.

One thing is certain, the Lodge can score heavily and they can score super quick! If they can tighten up the defensive aspect of their game a bit, they'll be genuine contenders next year - they have a lot of game breakers, and a lot of guys who can break lines with run and foot skills.

Terrible that there had to be a loser on Saturday, because that was genuinely one of the more enjoyable matches to watch this season, both sides could've/should've/deserved to win. Hats off to Brahma for their never say die attitude - 7 points down with less than 5min remaining and fought back to level.

Congratulations on a wonderful season in both grades, always a formidable opponent.

Oh and in closing, the Lodge have a bit of coin.. how about making some room in the budget next year to buy Groover a decent hair cut! That's the worst do i've seen since my mum made me sport a mullet back in year 3 :lol:

Growing while I still got it mate haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:25 am

Footy Chick wrote:Whilst you're here temporarily then, can I comment on your teams bad kicking. ;)

That is correct. They are bloody useless!! :evil:

All i wanted was a bloody goal to be kicked and i had to wait until the 2nd last kick of the 2nd quarter!

1/4 time: 0.1.1 to 0.7.7
1/2 time: 0.1.1 to 1.12.18

I was seriously worried at half time, to have so many scoring shots and not be able to captilise, i thought Brahma may have come out after the break and gone BANG.. I was partly right, they lifted at the start of the 3rd and Corbett had a set shot that faded late to hit the post. Fortunately we went to the other end and converted one, and then the flood gates opened.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:55 am

Footy Chick wrote:Whilst you're here temporarily then, can I comment on your teams bad kicking. ;)

And it really should have been 0.13 at half time so no goals in the first half..

The goal that was awarded was a clear point, the goal umpire stood on the goal line next to the opposite goal post and just called it a goal, half our A grade were standing behind the goals and had the perfect view of it being a point, clearly had no baring on the final result but unreal that really not a goal was scored in a whole half of footy!

Well done to the Ingle Farm B grade, goodluck next week!
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:01 pm

cossi11 wrote:The goal that was awarded was a clear point, the goal umpire stood on the goal line next to the opposite goal post and just called it a goal!

Must've got sick of waving the one flag :lol:

I must say off the boot from the coaches box it didn't look pretty and my first impression was it missed, but he signaled goal and who am i to argue! :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Zartan wrote:

That is correct. They are bloody useless!! :evil:

All i wanted was a bloody goal to be kicked and i had to wait until the 2nd last kick of the 2nd quarter!

1/4 time: 0.1.1 to 0.7.7
1/2 time: 0.1.1 to 1.12.18

I was seriously worried at half time, to have so many scoring shots and not be able to captilise, i thought Brahma may have come out after the break and gone BANG.. I was partly right, they lifted at the start of the 3rd and Corbett had a set shot that faded late to hit the post. Fortunately we went to the other end and converted one, and then the flood gates opened.

Thought you must've used Athelstones GF last year as a training tool during the week :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby cossi11 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Zartan wrote:

Was a great game to be involved in... the games momentum swung constantly throughout the game which would have made it a great spectacle for supporters..

Everytime it looked like IF were done they seemed to find another gear and work there way back into it, credit to them in the final 4-5 minutes to continue to push the ball forward and get the score required. Goodluck this weekend, I hope whoever wins this weekend takes it out (supporting my fellow dole bludgers).

Such a whirlwind last couple of weeks at BLFC, went from being 10 goals up and 45 minutes away from playing off in spot for a GF to being eliminated by 1 point on the weekend. Our best is right up there with the best in the competition but as we all know in this game, you can't deliver your best for 1-2 quarters a game or every 2nd or 3rd game, have to bring it each and every week, especially at this time of the season. Looking forward to 2018 now, re-group and have another crack at the big prize.
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby cossi11 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Zartan wrote:
cossi11 wrote:The goal that was awarded was a clear point, the goal umpire stood on the goal line next to the opposite goal post and just called it a goal!

Must've got sick of waving the one flag :lol:

I must say off the boot from the coaches box it didn't look pretty and my first impression was it missed, but he signaled goal and who am i to argue! :D

Was the female goal umpire at that end at the time, who would argue with being awarded a goal.. poor girl copped a bit of banter after that one (in good spirit of course)..
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Zartan we're going to have to call you Farnsey mate.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Was a great game to be involved in... the games momentum swung constantly throughout the game which would have made it a great spectacle for supporters..

Everytime it looked like IF were done they seemed to find another gear and work there way back into it, credit to them in the final 4-5 minutes to continue to push the ball forward and get the score required. Goodluck this weekend, I hope whoever wins this weekend takes it out (supporting my fellow dole bludgers).

Such a whirlwind last couple of weeks at BLFC, went from being 10 goals up and 45 minutes away from playing off in spot for a GF to being eliminated by 1 point on the weekend. Our best is right up there with the best in the competition but as we all know in this game, you can't deliver your best for 1-2 quarters a game or every 2nd or 3rd game, have to bring it each and every week, especially at this time of the season. Looking forward to 2018 now, re-group and have another crack at the big prize.[/quote]

Was a great game and well summed up. I'm sure Brahma will be up and about again next season. Well played too Cossi, you certainly caused a headache for me, particularly in the second quarter.
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:24 pm

morell wrote:Zartan we're going to have to call you Farnsey mate.

It's more just a farewell tour. :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Wilbur » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:25 pm

Bullrider wrote:
jo172 wrote:How do you get to a stage where you don't have the confidence to keep one team in line for 8 quarters of footy?

Totally agree with Jo172, whats going on when your future senior players, currently playing under 18's qualify for finals and the club says "we don't back them, we will throw the towel in, not worth the money" pretty sure most of the players involved wont be around the club next year.

Got to feel for the young lads who were doing the right thing. Can't say I'd blame any of them if they all went elsewhere next season.

Crazy not to back in your young talent, particularly when your 1's are in Div 6.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby X Runna » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:42 pm

one day I will wrote:
Zartan wrote:
one day I will wrote:Haha this is true. We cop that rubbish all the time, get some new material. 95% of players don't even live in Elizabeth. Whilst the other 5% may be unemployed

Aahh, "jobs for the boys" ;)
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby one day I will » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:19 am

X Runna wrote:
one day I will wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Haha, the business end is here and that means lots of alcohol to be consumed and a couple of Centrelink benefits makes this whole process easier for the boys.:partyman:
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby cossi11 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:46 am

one day I will wrote:
X Runna wrote:
one day I will wrote:
Zartan wrote:Kind of amusing your B grade captain works at Centrelink :lol:

Haha, the business end is here and that means lots of alcohol to be consumed and a couple of Centrelink benefits makes this whole process easier for the boys.:partyman:

Do the boys get extra benefits from Centrelink for making the prelim? Had I known this I would have tried harder last weekend :lol:
cossi11
League - Top 5

Postby ramming23 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:05 pm

Tips on who wins tonight?

I've got Dene Steele to take Charlie home!
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League