Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Postby carey » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Harry49 wrote:Any truth to the rumour that Para Hills FC got kicked out of the Aquadome earlier this week for being too rowdy? Carey causing a bit of trouble in the spa/sauna area again?

And what's this 'AGAIN' business? :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Q. wrote:Apart from Adelaide University, we have the chance to move all C/D teams to their own comps and have two very strong D6 and D7 grades:

D6:

Greenacres
Rosewater
Brahma Lodge
Ingle Farm
Trinity OS
Salisbury West
West Croydon
Fitzroy
Adelaide Lutheran
Para Hills

D7:

Mawson Lakes
Houghton Districts
Mitchell Park
St Pauls OS
Adelaide University
Central United
Flinders University
North Pines
OSB Lonsdale
Marion

Where's @marbles when you need him?

Looks like you may get your wish, with 2 new teams applying to the league, or so i hear
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:46 pm

With the smell of potential success I would expect Marion and Lonsdale to feature very highly in div 7. Even though they are getting flogged now I think they can recruit half decent players pretty quickly and be hard to beat.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby morell » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Lonsdale would've been very competitive this year based on the trials we played them.

Am looking forward to saying hello to the bloke that managed to prattle out "Div 7 is shit therefore you're all shit" for most of the day.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby OKC! » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:24 pm

carey wrote:
Harry49 wrote:Any truth to the rumour that Para Hills FC got kicked out of the Aquadome earlier this week for being too rowdy? Carey causing a bit of trouble in the spa/sauna area again?

No truth to this rumor at all.

In fact I wasn't even there! As previously stated I was demoted to the B grade.

Carried again by the good goal square group on Thursday too. Lucky to be in the squad.

Although u did come 2nd in round the world that was really good effort mate.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby carey » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Plllllllllllllease 8)

Still underdefeated in goal kicking comps after training! And you kept changing the rules as you went. ;)
carey
Coach

Postby buckley05 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:38 am

Watched the Lutheran v Hills contest today great game till just after half time. Para Hills were all over them for the first half Hickey and 10 literally keeping Lutheran in it. 5 for Hills looked to do a knee in the first I seen Dutch looked to brake his hand in the second. them 2 hurt Hills structure as much as I hang shit on him I hope he is ok. Towards the end of the 3rd it was all Lutheran, they killed Hills in the middle even tho Hills Ruckman was dominant all day was that Sleep or Ryan?. For Hills only 49 and 15 were any good of the rest oh and I thought old mate Jai Bailey tried hard. Hickey and Hawthorne were awesome for Lutheran and 17 up forward as well was pretty good. umpires were the worst I've seen for a while but weren't the difference if they've come from a higher grade I feel sorry for them to get that weekly I watched Elizabeth v Lodge last week umpires were from Div 3 and were great these 2 muppets couldn't of been.
buckley05
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby carey » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Adelaide Lutheran are in to the big dance and throughly deserved. They were very good in the second half particularly Hawthorne, Koenig and Bolbolka in fact Bolboka and Hickey were outstanding all day. It's a very tricky oval to play on yet Adelaide Lutheran do it very well. We were all over them in the first half but to the credit of Adelaide Lutheran coaching staff they threw some magnets around and come out well in front. Probably luckily for Lutheran as they lose their oval to the royal Adelaide show for the next 2 weeks.

On too our lads, We started very well Hanson kicked the first, Cree the second and third and we were up and about. Lutheran then got a terrible free kick for a goal then got a very lucky bounce for there 2nd, I thought we deserved to be further in front at the first break, Even at half time it felt like we were further in front but it was only a 2 goal lead. Maybe our lads thought the job was done? No idea but it certainly felt we were in control of the contest.

I know a lot of people don't like free kick counts and to be honest I don't really have an opinion on it, but I do know that over 50 free kicks for a Div 7 final played in good spirits is very excessive.

Lost a couple to injury in the first half, one in the first 1/4 that certainly didn't help but that's footy. TTG this week at home will be a very tough contest after going to Mitchell Park and getting the win they'll be up and about knowing less than a month ago they only went down to Para Hills at Para Hills by less than a kick should be a cracker.
carey
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:04 am

Thanks for the season all, was a bit of fun. Really good bunch of teams this year, enjoyed all the games.

Some personal and team highlights from the year:

1. Catching up with a few of the old school North Pines lads. The side that had us on toast at half time would’ve been competitive with most teams. Sad to see them fall away, hope they stick around for next year. They offer a point of difference and I enjoy playing them.
2. The respect shown by Central United for our champ. Again, their best was really competitive. Top bunch of lads, looking forward to seeing them again in a few months time. If they add a bit of depth they will be finals bound.
3. Playing Adelaide Uni @ Adelaide Uni is still one of my favourite fixtures, the history, the ground, the grandstand. It’s awesome. A bit down on previous years they still had a lot of fight and talent. Want an pure A grade div but they’re always welcome IMO.
4. Beating Adelaide Lutheran at home easily our best win for the year. Was an intense game and even had a bit of argy bargy! Not a huge fan of them though, their ground sucks and in all honesty isn’t suitable for senior football. Glad to see them go up.
5. Playing Para Hills for the first time was a highlight. Look they’re impressive. They’re doing the right things with the right people. Enjoyed the banter and despite me still thinking they should be playing higher, I thoroughly enjoyed our encounters.
6. Going back to Pertaringa and renewing hostilities with TTG, I have a bit of a soft spot for them and love catching up with Dan. They’re a tremendous football club. And something to aspire to. Another good bunch of lads, despite the argy bargy on Satdee.

Seems like I said it a lot but Dutch also mentioned it last time, this year stood out as a year where there was a good comradery amongst most of the teams. Something I love about playing at this level you really don’t get the super serious wank stains that think they’re playing AFL like you do higher up. As much as people won’t want to admit it, it’s the closest to “social” football as you’ll get and I love it.

7. Playing with the defensive unit this year was a team amongst a team. Davo, Sack, Coxy, Adzy, Tonks, Kev, Faz and all the guys that rolled through there worked so well together. Absolute pleasure lads!
8. Seeing the growth in the leadership of Sacky. Him, Trav, LP, Moobs and a few more are the future of our football club. It’s a burden but I think they're all capable.
9. CB all year was honestly our best player and seeing him play up close for the first time was amazing to watch. Absolute Gun. And a chance at the medal in my opinion.
10. Playing with Nat again. <3.

On a personal and slightly narcissistic level, on the footy trip last year after I realised coaching is for suckers, I set the goal to play just one more A Grade game. At the time I couldn’t hold my weight on my left leg after the reconstruction as the muscles had atrophied. Having had the traditional instead of LARS, it’s much harder to get strength back in the leg. Anyway, November came around, saw the surgeon, he gave me the “no deal, retire, now” that they all do. Saw the Physio and he said that unless I complete a strength program I would simply tear it again. Those that know me know I ******* hate running. I hate the gym. In fact I hate exercise in general! So buying a Jett’s membership and committing to 40 sessions of strength and conditioning was like telling a fat kid to eat dust and lettuce. Truth be told I think I did 36 in the end, most of them by myself late at night – hated every bit of it. But, I reached my goal in the 2nd round vs North Pines and was over the moon! I got to play in some good wins, played in Nat’s 300th (up there for me with Lecks 300th), got into a couple of scraps, talked a lot of shit, busted a finger apart, cracked a hip and in reality struggled to keep up all year. But ah well, the feeling of just being part of a team is all worth it – just.

I want to publicly thank Wayne for probably going against the wisdom of the time and giving me another go-around. Honestly a fantastic coach. I know we’re frustrating, I know there is a lot of work to do. You can do it.

Good luck to the rest of the teams playing in the finals. Para Hills are still my tip!
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 am

Dear Div 7 Umpires.

This is Brandon Walczak - he has a giant mullet and it pretty hard to miss

This is Nathan Walczak - plays on the wing

morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:41 am

After watching the counts last night, I think it's time to revisit morells discussion around different ways to adjudicate votes because it's clear umpires are either bias or straight out have no idea.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby morell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 am

Zartan wrote:After watching the counts last night, I think it's time to revisit morells discussion around different ways to adjudicate votes because it's clear umpires are either bias or straight out have no idea.

Every. Year.

It's absolutely laughable and makes a mockery of the award. With as much respect to the winners and vote getters as possible of course.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:07 am

I'd just like to see umpires be ruthless with the voting.

If your team loses by 30 goals - you don't deserve to have a vote getter, ESPECIALLY the 3 or 2
If you team loses by 10 goals - you don't deserve to receive ALL the votes
Both teams do not need to be represented in the votes, and if they do, the losing side is not obligated to take the 2nd preference votes.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 am

And take some care. There are innumerate examples of brothers getting mixed up. People that look similar getting mixed up. Players that were injured early on but because they're well known still getting votes.

Its not nitpicking when a player gets 1 vote when he was clearly BoG or a player not getting votes when he perhaps deserved to. It's actually fundamental and obvious errors.

I don't blame the umps. Their job is hard enough. To be expected to accurately adjudicate the worthiness of individual players games is far too onerous.

In my mind, the best placed people involved in the game at our level who have the buy in, knowledge, vantage point and time to make a fair call are the coaches.
morell
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 am

Still no reference to Legrand in this discussion...disappointing...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:31 am

cos you're looking in the wrong thread :lol:

http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=42000
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby MW » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 am

Footy Chick wrote:cos you're looking in the wrong thread :lol:

http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=42000

:lol: This forum never lets me down!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby holdy2323 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:52 am

Had a quick look at voting video. In the last round it says Matthew Travis on 18 votes in bottom corner then comes up with Matthew Rowson as the winner.
Do they do a vote round by round on paper or i do have to watch the whole video?
Capture+_2017-08-31-10-31-14.png
Capture+_2017-08-31-10-31-14.png (326.44 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
holdy2323
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 am

holdy2323 wrote:Had a quick look at voting video. In the last round it says Matthew Travis on 18 votes in bottom corner then comes up with Matthew Rowson as the winner.

Noticed that last night, but think they just stuffed the leaderboard up.. Meggsy is on 17 votes heading into Rd 18, Rowson on 15.. Rowson gets the 3 votes vs TTG to go to 18, Meggsy doesn't poll a vote.

They adjusted the leaderboard votes to 18, but didn't change the name.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:26 pm

holdy2323 wrote:Had a quick look at voting video. In the last round it says Matthew Travis on 18 votes in bottom corner then comes up with Matthew Rowson as the winner.
Do they do a vote round by round on paper or i do have to watch the whole video?
Capture+_2017-08-31-10-31-14.png

They do state at the start of each video "While the League makes every endeavour to ensure the information within this presentation is correct, any errors contained within will not effect the overall result"
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League