Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Do you mean right now? No he definitely hasn't pulled the pin on us, but after 5 years I believe this will be his last.. very bad performance today, north haven showed why they have been the best team all year and if we play like we did today next week, we do not stand a chance! Very poor performance on our behalf but we are all up to the challenge next week.. Mark garner will be a massive out after snapping his leg clean today, but still believe we have the troops to get up next week!!

What happened?

Couldn't really see too much from my vantage point as there were a few players around the footy but he was down for a while and in a fair bit of pain. No stretcher, was helped off by a couple of trainers.

Butler, Warren, Gatto, Woodward didn't play, they will be better if/when they get back.

Cullen and McIver were the best two I thought for EP, Mansell did what he could but didn't get a lot of supply and Smithson did a pretty good job on him.
Last edited by Pag on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Do you mean right now? No he definitely hasn't pulled the pin on us, but after 5 years I believe this will be his last.. very bad performance today, north haven showed why they have been the best team all year and if we play like we did today next week, we do not stand a chance! Very poor performance on our behalf but we are all up to the challenge next week.. Mark garner will be a massive out after snapping his leg clean today, but still believe we have the troops to get up next week!!

What happened?

Broke his leg

Cheers, I was unsure.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Jacks » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:40 pm

Bennett from CLG for the medal - 18 very solid games this year!
Jacks
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:59 pm

We're new to the league and are learning some of the nuances with finals fixturing which for the first two weeks has been fairly logical. We have copped an interesting one this week with our C3 Prelim being played at GG despite GG's A & B grade playing a Prelim at Seaton. Supposedly GG were given a choice because their C grade didn't play triple headers with their A & B grade all season. Still a bit strange that GG would create a separation but I suppose that's their business once given the choice. But can someone explain to me why the Div 4/4R/C4 Prelim Finals are being played at 3 venues. I realise they involve 6 different clubs but wouldn't playing at least A & B grade together create a better finals atmosphere at Dwight Reserve rather than just the one game particularly with the home teams in B & C grade (Salisbury and Modbury) being not that far from Eastern Park. It just seems a bit sterile for the 2nd biggest game of the year not to the mention the same situation at the other 2 venues. Or am I missing something and is there some other reason why this has occurred?
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby beef » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:05 am

Down the Hill wrote:We're new to the league and are learning some of the nuances with finals fixturing which for the first two weeks has been fairly logical. We have copped an interesting one this week with our C3 Prelim being played at GG despite GG's A & B grade playing a Prelim at Seaton. Supposedly GG were given a choice because their C grade didn't play triple headers with their A & B grade all season. Still a bit strange that GG would create a separation but I suppose that's their business once given the choice. But can someone explain to me why the Div 4/4R/C4 Prelim Finals are being played at 3 venues. I realise they involve 6 different clubs but wouldn't playing at least A & B grade together create a better finals atmosphere at Dwight Reserve rather than just the one game particularly with the home teams in B & C grade (Salisbury and Modbury) being not that far from Eastern Park. It just seems a bit sterile for the 2nd biggest game of the year not to the mention the same situation at the other 2 venues. Or am I missing something and is there some other reason why this has occurred?

Been happening the last few years. I agree with you that it should be at Eastern Park. Money making for the league to be able to sell more home finals. Stand alone B grade and C grade games are stupid.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 254 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 am

beef wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:We're new to the league and are learning some of the nuances with finals fixturing which for the first two weeks has been fairly logical. We have copped an interesting one this week with our C3 Prelim being played at GG despite GG's A & B grade playing a Prelim at Seaton. Supposedly GG were given a choice because their C grade didn't play triple headers with their A & B grade all season. Still a bit strange that GG would create a separation but I suppose that's their business once given the choice. But can someone explain to me why the Div 4/4R/C4 Prelim Finals are being played at 3 venues. I realise they involve 6 different clubs but wouldn't playing at least A & B grade together create a better finals atmosphere at Dwight Reserve rather than just the one game particularly with the home teams in B & C grade (Salisbury and Modbury) being not that far from Eastern Park. It just seems a bit sterile for the 2nd biggest game of the year not to the mention the same situation at the other 2 venues. Or am I missing something and is there some other reason why this has occurred?

Been happening the last few years. I agree with you that it should be at Eastern Park. Money making for the league to be able to sell more home finals. Stand alone B grade and C grade games are stupid.

It happened last year too when Eastern Park A's and Edwardstown B's both had home finals and shared the fee. Doesn't take much to get your money back through the canteen, BBQ and bar. I agree though and makes for a very sterile game and takes the excitement out of finals atmosphere. 6 clubs all at one venue would have a greater buzz about it.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Wilbur » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:11 am

You obviously haven't been to Dwight Reserve before :)

FWIW, I prefer the current system, the side finishing higher in whichever grade is entitled to a home ground advantage.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby beef » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 am

Nothing better than playing in front of the club rooms at Dwight reserve.

It's just strange that you can finish top in the B grade and have to play at the 2nd teams ground because their A grade finish higher yet a team that finishes 4th can play a home first final because neither sides A grade made it.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 254 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:22 am

Yeah but that's how it should work. We were told by the league, quite rightly, that ground allocation is based on the A grade and that the minor grades fall into place from there with any common sense adjustments that are necessary. I know the players and coaches can get a bit precious but anything outside of A grade should be based around what is best for the finals structure and that home ground advantage should carry little weight below that.

Our B & C grade played "home" qualifying finals at Flinders Park v Flinders Park in week 1 of finals because the Flinders Park A grade were the home team in an Elimination Final. No problems, it gave FP a triple header finals day and the crowd and atmosphere was worthy of a final. We got similar consideration last week at Brighton even though our B grade were the "away" team. So I don't think the home team being "entitled" in the minor grades should come into it unless its a situation like a C grade final between 2 clubs that have no other teams in the later games and where both are quite a distance from the venue. Anyway, it is what it is, but its going to be a strange feeling for the A and B grade Prelim players turning up to a ground without a curtain raiser which is part of the normal routine for those blokes.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Yank Man » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:31 am

Down the Hill wrote:Yeah but that's how it should work. We were told by the league, quite rightly, that ground allocation is based on the A grade and that the minor grades fall into place from there with any common sense adjustments that are necessary. I know the players and coaches can get a bit precious but anything outside of A grade should be based around what is best for the finals structure and that home ground advantage should carry little weight below that.

Our B & C grade played "home" qualifying finals at Flinders Park v Flinders Park in week 1 of finals because the Flinders Park A grade were the home team in an Elimination Final. No problems, it gave FP a triple header finals day and the crowd and atmosphere was worthy of a final. We got similar consideration last week at Brighton even though our B grade were the "away" team. So I don't think the home team being "entitled" in the minor grades should come into it unless its a situation like a C grade final between 2 clubs that have no other teams in the later games and where both are quite a distance from the venue. Anyway, it is what it is, but its going to be a strange feeling for the A and B grade Prelim players turning up to a ground without a curtain raiser which is part of the normal routine for those blokes.

Even stranger with the B grade game starting at 2.15
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Boosh » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:33 am

100% should follow the A Grade. Are Salisbury playing at home against Edwardstown in the B's? I honestly think playing on the smaller Dwight Reserve would suit Salisbury.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:54 am

Boosh wrote:100% should follow the A Grade. Are Salisbury playing at home against Edwardstown in the B's? I honestly think playing on the smaller Dwight Reserve would suit Salisbury.

At home, reverse of the prelim final last year where the boys played Towns at Towns, while the A Grade game was at Westminster.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Executive Member » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:09 pm

beef wrote:

You do realise the League does not make anymore money by splitting it up :roll:
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Down the Hill wrote:It just seems a bit sterile for the 2nd biggest game of the year not to the mention the same situation at the other 2 venues.

Calling the AdFL sterile inside 12 months :lol: ;)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:30 pm

FFS what is your issue Dutchy, you have such a dislike for the AdFL
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby scottroo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:42 pm

Great call brodlach.

I guess he's happy in the sfl after another 130 point win on the weekend
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Broken Down Hack » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Congrads to" Byron Murphy (ROOS)" and "Bradley Robertson (CHICS") on winning DIV 4 Association Medal 21 votes each and "Josh Bennett (LIONS)" 3rd on 20
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:FFS what is your issue Dutchy, you have such a dislike for the AdFL

Did you miss the ;) or just get out of the wrong side of bed today? It was a bit of fun....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Broken Down Hack wrote:Congrads to" Byron Murphy (ROOS)" and "Bradley Robertson (CHICS") on winning DIV 4 Association Medal 21 votes each and "Josh Bennett (LIONS)" 3rd on 20

Well done to both players, Murphy is gun. How can a guy kick over a 100
Goals in the B's and not get in the top 20. :shock:

Most dangerous player in the comp.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby bubba love » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Was wondering the same thing, Forry kicked 10 3-4 times and got 4 votes, both players that won the As are good players but looking through the haven games there was some bizzare votes in there
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League