6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby Executive Member » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:49 am

Zartan wrote:Our B/C grade jumpers look like an 80's cigarette packet..

can jump.JPG

Winnies Green, the limited edition
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:53 am

Elizabeth started well Saturday, kicking the opening 3 goals, but that was about the most of their momentum.

They have some very good players - Upton down back is super, Abbott off half back/wing is very quick and fit, and Mitchell/Reynolds up forward are a very difficult duo to combat.

McConnell is a hell of an athlete, but there is no way he was 100% Saturday, and that was telling, especially as the game went on, Gannell was able to impact more on the contest.

Don't know if it was a deliberate tactic or not, but Elizabeth came out very aggressive, and tried to physically impose themselves on the contest. Fail. They kicked the 1st goal of the last quarter to close within 11 points, that was the end of that. They ran out of gas - their efforts to be physical early clearly impacted, and used too much tickets and they crashed hard.

Note for future reference, there is a huge difference between applying pressure and trying to be physically superior.. had they approached correctly it would've been a lot closer finish.

Woodland hamstring in the 2nd term hurt them, but he was getting toweled up at the time - his strength is reading the play, nudging players under the ball and taking the mark over the back, but had an opponent who played smart, wasn't pushed off the ball and had the reach to spoil anything that came near.

Greenshields was solid all day, thought Hann and Paradiso were good too.

The Eagles moved the ball well, particularly sideways to allow the run of players like Abbott to break lines, and their forward line was dangerous.. biggest flaw was their lack of willingness to apply a defensive element to the game - they left the Ingle Farm wingers and flanks unmarked almost all day, and so when they turned the ball over it was a simple rebound and F50 entry for the Dogs. Allowed Ingle Farm 35 scoring shots as a result.. just cant be doing that.

They'll be back better next year no doubt, hard to see them being headed by many in 2018, and with their B/C grade in Grand Finals this weekend, the depth is ridiculous. Good luck Eagles, reckon 2018 has your name written all over it.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:06 am

Congrats to Ingle Farm on making the GF. Division 5 awaits, exciting times ahead. Commiserations Zartan, another solid year that should be a good building block for the step up to div 5R. As much as we have had our differences across the board, hats off to Old Farmer for the work put in to the club, you cant begrudge hard working and passionate people success, and I wish him all that. Good luck this weekend, I think even I want to see you guys beat Pulteney..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:25 am

Love a rumour wrote:when will we see a team of the year from Zartan

Very difficult team to select, so many quality players this year - and different players had different patches of brilliance, but i've gone with..

F: D. Newchurch (SW), D. McIntyre (BL), D. Cotter (ELIZ)
HF: L. Woodcock (WC), B. Sanderson (IF), J. Giddings (PUL)
C: A. Spence (IF), C. Bourke (FIT), J. Smith (TOS)
HB: L. Nicholls (WC), B. Bennett (ML), D. Ward (SW)
B: J. Upton (ELIZ), C. Sampson (PUL), D. Huitema (BL)

Ruck: J. McConnell (ELIZ), D. Tucker (PUL), C. Beaty (FIT)

Int: A. Hann (ELIZ), S. Currie (PUL), Dene Steel (BL), L. Smith (IF)

Probably a little bias in some selections from Ingle Farm, but feel they've had massive years for the club and rarely beaten in their position. Brayden Bennett (Mawson Lakes) was their sole shining light all season, would walk into most A grade lineups and is capable of playing in any third of the ground (FWD/MID/DEF).

David Ward is one of the best users of the ball by foot, but the opposite flanker Luke Nicholls is easily the best kick in the comp, beautiful to watch, it's like poetry watching him move and use that left foot.

McConnell gets the nod over Gannell, Cleveland and McKee purely because of his outstanding athletic ability and versatility. Cam Schutz if he wasn't inury prone this year would've been up there.

Unlucky:
Dean Steele - wow this bloke is a genuine gun, but who misses out for him to slide in?
Anton Gerardis - started well but faded, and felt he probably hindered the Fitzroy forward line than helped it. Wanted to be the focal point too much.
Jai McMurtrie - real trier, battles hard but was in a side that struggled so always hard.
Shane Cooke/Ben Frick/Alex Forbes/Jake Grosser - victims of being in a strong consistent, even performing side. Don't get the chance to stand out as much as players in similar positions from other clubs, but have definite claims.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:11 pm

The West Croydon Football Club are very pleased to announce that Michael Annese has bee appointed as the Senior Coach of the WCFC for season 2018 and forward.

Michaels playing background as a player spanned Norwood and Port Adelaide Junior ranks, through to under 19's and reserves and then with Glenunga Football Club and Glandore at a senior level.

Michael has coached Glenunga, Walkerville and most recently Portland Football Club.

Formal introduction of Michael to players and members both past and present will be arranged over the next month.

We welcome Michael Annese to WCFC.
The Bedge
Coach

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Ingle Farm will not make the Grand Final based on one thing most of them are HOGS

:lol:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:50 pm

Zartan wrote:The West Croydon Football Club are very pleased to announce that Michael Annese has bee appointed as the Senior Coach of the WCFC for season 2018 and forward.

Michaels playing background as a player spanned Norwood and Port Adelaide Junior ranks, through to under 19's and reserves and then with Glenunga Football Club and Glandore at a senior level.

Michael has coached Glenunga, Walkerville and most recently Portland Football Club.

Formal introduction of Michael to players and members both past and present will be arranged over the next month.

So much for the Scud rumour.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:So much for the Scud rumour.

I can't always be right :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Zartan wrote:The West Croydon Football Club are very pleased to announce that Michael Annese has bee appointed as the Senior Coach of the WCFC for season 2018 and forward.

Will this bring back all the guys who left WC to play ar Portland?
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Arch44 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:31 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:

I spoke to one this morning and he said he is staying put, but you never know.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby roar88 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Arch44 wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:

I spoke to one this morning and he said he is staying put, but you never know.

I think with the right presentation to those boys anything is possible.
I think this is the right move. After being so close so many years plus medallists the last 4 years,
That club has potential, A big change to help!
roar88
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby old farmer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:29 pm

Thank you Zartan for being spokesperson for West Croydon.,
I wish West Croydon all the best for next season and would love to see them up in division 5. Really felt for them last year when they made the Grand Final and failed to go up because we had to bow to a couple of Southern teams. They had been really good for a couple of seasons and missed that opportunity. Good luck to them next season.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times

Postby old farmer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:39 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Congrats to Ingle Farm on making the GF. Division 5 awaits, exciting times ahead. Commiserations Zartan, another solid year that should be a good building block for the step up to div 5R. As much as we have had our differences across the board, hats off to Old Farmer for the work put in to the club, you cant begrudge hard working and passionate people success, and I wish him all that. Good luck this weekend, I think even I want to see you guys beat Pulteney..

Thank you HT. Always been a firm believer of what happens at the footy stays at the footy and have enjoyed our banter over the years. I appreciate the recognition and still remember being called to a meeting with Wayne Knowles and Dave McAuliffe in late 2011 and asked to come back to the club to help turn things around and get them on the right track again. It's taken some work and a couple of hiccups along the way, but we now have 2 of the best coaches going around and a great young team and maybe we can enjoy some success in the next couple of years as reward. Yes i love my club and are very passionate and i will never change. Once a farmer, always a farmer. We all come from Ingle Farm, do dah.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:42 pm

human_torpedo wrote:hats off to Old Farmer for the work put in to the club, you cant begrudge hard working and passionate people success, and I wish him all that. Good luck this weekend, I think even I want to see you guys beat Pulteney..

old farmer wrote:Thank you HT. Always been a firm believer of what happens at the footy stays at the footy and have enjoyed our banter over the years.

Sickening :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby old farmer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:hats off to Old Farmer for the work put in to the club, you cant begrudge hard working and passionate people success, and I wish him all that. Good luck this weekend, I think even I want to see you guys beat Pulteney..

old farmer wrote:Thank you HT. Always been a firm believer of what happens at the footy stays at the footy and have enjoyed our banter over the years.

Believe it or not, i am going to miss Trinity. Nothing better than a good old fashioned rivalry. Haven't hated a club as much since the Golden Groves and Mitchell Parks of the early 2000's
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Postby morell » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:03 pm

old farmer wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Believe it or not, i am going to miss Trinity. Nothing better than a good old fashioned rivalry. Haven't hated a club as much since the Golden Groves and Mitchell Parks of the early 2000's
Losing Grand Finals by ~100 points will do that to ya. 8)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:51 pm

old farmer wrote:, but we now have 2 of the best coaches going around .

Yeah but what about your B grade coach? :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
old farmer wrote:, but we now have 2 of the best coaches going around .

Yeah but what about your B grade coach? :lol:

He's on another level altogether pal. 8)

They're two of the best.. i'm quite simply THE BEST.

*edit* - after losing on the weekend, can't really lay claims to that! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:02 am

[quote="Zartan"]The West Croydon Football Club are very pleased to announce that Michael Annese has bee appointed as the Senior Coach of the WCFC for season 2018 and forward.

We welcome Michael Annese to WCFC.[/quote
FLYING DUTCHMAN 18
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby old fullback » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:31 am

heater31 wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Can someone from IF tell me how green/white = Bulldogs?

Dunno, but they're arguably the ugliest colors in the comp! :D
Reckon the Purple and White Dolphins have you covered ;)

Kenilworth aint to flash..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League