Unley Mercedes Jets
7%

Total votes : 55

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2017

Postby Old Red » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:05 am

danielm wrote:
Old Red wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
DOC wrote:Pembroke part company with the coach.

No surprise really. Jimmy Allen obviously a great player, but think he put a lot of the players offside, the way he talked to them was pretty disgraceful at times.
Allen created mayhem amongst a few clubs to get this job and then walks because it didnt go as planned. Hes been running around slamming the Kings. Surely he knew what they were when he was happy taking money off them last year. Tip rat

Well said Old Red. Of course none of that is true but that's not important. The great thing about this forum is that people like you - irrelevant in their own lives - get to jump on here, say what they want and feel important. Great stuff.

Apologies, I was of the understanding he played Scotch, Uni and Saints off against each other to coach while he was telling Kings he was off unless they gave him the job and sacked their 2016 premiership coach to keep him. My bad
Old Red
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby danielm » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:41 am

Apologies, I was of the understanding he played Scotch, Uni and Saints off against each other to coach while he was telling Kings he was off unless they gave him the job and sacked their 2016 premiership coach to keep him. My bad[/quote]

Not hard to make something up there keyboard warrior. Well done.
danielm
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Pembroke OS

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:55 am

danielm wrote:Apologies, I was of the understanding he played Scotch, Uni and Saints off against each other to coach while he was telling Kings he was off unless they gave him the job and sacked their 2016 premiership coach to keep him. My bad

Not hard to make something up there keyboard warrior. Well done.[/quote]

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:49 pm

danielm wrote:Apologies, I was of the understanding he played Scotch, Uni and Saints off against each other to coach while he was telling Kings he was off unless they gave him the job and sacked their 2016 premiership coach to keep him. My bad

Not hard to make something up there keyboard warrior. Well done.[/quote]

when was the last time a Premiership Coach was sacked???? Only for the new coach to get them relegated!!!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:21 pm

I can get close.
1986 A4 Premiers - BHOS. Then sacked the coach after he was nearly sacked mid-year when we were 10-0.

1987 A3 Premiers - Goodwood (beat BHOS by 12 goals in GF).

Goodwood coach was the sacked BHOS coach!!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:23 pm

danielm wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

No surprise really. Jimmy Allen obviously a great player, but think he put a lot of the players offside, the way he talked to them was pretty disgraceful at times.

You must have spoken to different players and officials at the Kings to me.

Must have. Several of them too! And heard same as Old Red about shopping himself around, all Jimmy was worried about was the most money. Seemed to lose interest in second half of year when realised they were going straight back to Div 3 and he was not going to be sticking around.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby zedman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Down the Hill wrote:I can get close.
1986 A4 Premiers - BHOS. Then sacked the coach after he was nearly sacked mid-year when we were 10-0.

1987 A3 Premiers - Goodwood (beat BHOS by 12 goals in GF).

Goodwood coach was the sacked BHOS coach!!!

ahh..trevor ash..wow..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby danielm » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
danielm wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

You must have spoken to different players and officials at the Kings to me.

Must have. Several of them too! And heard same as Old Red about shopping himself around, all Jimmy was worried about was the most money. Seemed to lose interest in second half of year when realised they were going straight back to Div 3 and he was not going to be sticking around.

Another one with no idea. Can't argue with the poor record, that's fact, but the rest is utter rubbish. No harm saying whatever you like though unfortunately.
danielm
Mini-League

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Another one with no idea. Can't argue with the poor record, that's fact, but the rest is utter rubbish. No harm saying whatever you like though unfortunately.[/quote]

Same as you denying it danielm, easy to do that. I have no involvement with Pembroke, could not give a damn. Was at couple of games this year and speaking to people involved in club, two players and one official, and that's what they said. End of story. The playing coach thing did not work, you would have to agree. Jimmy would get 50 possessions, do no harm to the opposition, but demand team mates gave him the ball at all costs. Not good for the "team'. Anyway, good luck in Div 3, you will do well if you get the right coach this time.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Wilbur » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:10 pm

danielm or Jimmy A? :-?
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby danielm » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Wilbur wrote:danielm or Jimmy A? :-?

You got me!
danielm
Mini-League

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:02 pm

danielm wrote:Another one with no idea. Can't argue with the poor record, that's fact, but the rest is utter rubbish. No harm saying whatever you like though unfortunately.

I dare suggest that the more Magareys you own, the more limited your coaching abilities.

Russell Ebert -GOAT - terrible coaching record

I only say this with the upmost respect that Jimmy should heed this warning :lol: ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
danielm wrote:Another one with no idea. Can't argue with the poor record, that's fact, but the rest is utter rubbish. No harm saying whatever you like though unfortunately.

I dare suggest that the more Magareys you own, the more limited your coaching abilities.

I only say this with the upmost respect that Jimmy should heed this warning :lol: ;)

I'm shite at both
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Barrie Robran and Lindsay Head hardly had fantastic coaching careers either. You're onto something here.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:03 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Barrie Robran and Lindsay Head hardly had fantastic coaching careers either. You're onto something here.

Malcolm Blights wasn't too bad tho
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:07 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

1983–1987 Woodville (29-62-0)
1986 Prelim was their best result
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

\

Only one Magarey ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:36 pm

I only say this with the upmost respect that Jimmy should heed this warning :lol: ;)[/quote]

Barrie Robran and Lindsay Head hardly had fantastic coaching careers either. You're onto something here.[/quote]

Malcolm Blights wasn't too bad tho[/quote]

1983–1987 Woodville (29-62-0)
1986 Prelim was their best result[/quote]

Is it convenient not to research his Geelong and Adelaide coaching stints? I'll concede on St Kilda so don't worry about that lol but yes...maybe it's because he only won one Magarey.....maybe Macca's record at Payneham is more relevant :lol:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby jo172 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

\

Only one Magarey ;)

Going deeper, of the 3 timers Bobby Quinn coached a PAMFC flag albeit as a Captain-Coach. Len Fitzgerald appeared to have gone ok as a Captain-Coach at Sturt.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Inallseriousness wrote:Is it convenient not to research his Geelong and Adelaide coaching stints? I'll concede on St Kilda so don't worry about that lol but yes...maybe it's because he only won one Magarey.....maybe Macca's record at Payneham is more relevant :lol:

If we're looking at two-timers the Adelaide Footy League has Macca and Andrew Newton Jarman in its ranks.
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League