Now it's going to be a postal vote that won't count.

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Now it's going to be a postal vote that won't count.

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:41 am

shoe boy wrote:
tipper wrote:
shoe boy wrote:As for the ALP , same sex marriage would be sorted and people could freely marry if that was their want.

now, if you truly believed that, why didnt they bring it in when they were in power?

the labs are playing politics on this just as much as the libs, just for a different reason. they want to use it to get back in power, the libs are trying to protect their donors and conservative members

i see no winners on the labs side of this fence

1 day is a long time , well 5 years since the Labour government where in power since we have had knights and dames and the world has changed . Slavery was norm , how things change.

Dog_ger?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:55 pm

well the public postal vote is going ahead. good to see i have already received a leaflett in the mail telling me why i must vote no, with three reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with marriage, and everything to do with homophobia..... and no ones name on it for me to contact to politely ask that they not pollute my letterbox with trash :(

yay for wasting $122 million dollars just to get the polititians to do their job.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:00 pm

I am STILL waiting for someone who is voting No to tell me how two people getting married directly affects them
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:00 pm

I've heard people are selling their postal votes on Gumtree... :shock: :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Booney wrote:I've heard people are selling their postal votes on Gumtree... :shock: :lol:

how much they asking?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:32 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:I've heard people are selling their postal votes on Gumtree... :shock: :lol:

how much they asking?

$600!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/parramatta/other-tickets/same-sex-marriage-my-voting-paper/1159059637
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:33 pm

MW wrote:
tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:I've heard people are selling their postal votes on Gumtree... :shock: [emoji38]

how much they asking?

$600!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/parramatta/other-tickets/same-sex-marriage-my-voting-paper/1159059637
Tell him hes dreaming

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:36 pm

tipper wrote:
MW wrote:
tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:I've heard people are selling their postal votes on Gumtree... :shock: [emoji38]

how much they asking?

$600!

Tell him hes dreaming

You can have mine for a carton of p*ss :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby MW » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:38 pm

If someone pays me for mine instead of me drawing a dick and balls on the ballot paper, go for it.
MW
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:39 pm

MW wrote:If someone pays me for mine instead of me drawing a dick and balls on the ballot paper, go for it.

If you draw a bum as well it counts as a 'yes' vote.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby MW » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Magellan wrote:
MW wrote:If someone pays me for mine instead of me drawing a dick and balls on the ballot paper, go for it.

If you draw a bum as well it counts as a 'yes' vote.

depends which bum it is ;)
MW
Coach

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:06 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
tipper wrote:
MW wrote:
tipper wrote:[quote="Booney"]I've heard people are selling their postal votes on Gumtree... :shock: [emoji38]

how much they asking?

$600!

Tell him hes dreaming

You can have mine for a carton of p*ss [emoji38][/quote]Lol. I wasnt in the market, more just curious how much people thought they were worth...

And what type of beer ;)

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:54 pm

A bloke rang me on Wednesday night
Asked me which way I was going to vote
I told him it was none of his business
He said it is because it affects him

I told him to **** off and hope that doesn't affect him too much
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Gozu » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:A bloke rang me on Wednesday night
Asked me which way I was going to vote
I told him it was none of his business
He said it is because it affects him

I told him to **** off and hope that doesn't affect him too much

Now now that's no way to speak to Cory Bernardi ;)
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Psyber » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:47 am

shoe boy wrote:
Psyber wrote:The PM is hamstrung by trying to avoid a confrontation between the LP's conservatives and progressives which could split the Liberal Party and play into the ALP's hands. His only solution is an overwhelming demonstration of public opinion ( whether it be by plebiscite or postal survey) that will put pressure on the conservative element to go along with the pubic view.

The ALP wants to delay any such result to save the issue for use as a focus in the next federal election, and to hope to use any division within the LP to make sure they win office, so they don't support either option that is possible for the LP.

Oh please , the PM lacks leadership and doesn't have a spine!
As for the ALP , same sex marriage would be sorted and people could freely marry if that was their want.

As I said Turnbull is trying to pull his Conservatives into line with public pressure - doing anything else would be political suicide - not "spine".
Tackling the conservatives head on without demonstrating public opinion to them would doom the "Yes" vote given that their are some ALP MPs and cross-benchers leaning toward voting "No" too.

Billy boy has an unstated objective - he is only focussed on the next election and will use anything and anyone to try to win that even if it means delaying gay marriage to use it as an issue at that next election

There is a lot of distortion of reality going on, based on prejudice and political self-interest, and, yes, a plebiscite or survey will give some of the those opposing gay marriage a platform, but an overwhelming "Yes" vote via some form of public forum will take the whole issue off the back-burner and pull some politicians into line when the vote comes in parliament. Without that we could have a free vote in parliament with no definitive outcome and a lot more stalling.

But Billy would then have his next election issue.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:36 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:I am STILL waiting for someone who is voting No to tell me how two people getting married directly affects them

I've got a bad feeling that the no vote is going to get up because of the bullying campaign the yes people are running.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Psyber wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Psyber wrote:The PM is hamstrung by trying to avoid a confrontation between the LP's conservatives and progressives which could split the Liberal Party and play into the ALP's hands. His only solution is an overwhelming demonstration of public opinion ( whether it be by plebiscite or postal survey) that will put pressure on the conservative element to go along with the pubic view.

The ALP wants to delay any such result to save the issue for use as a focus in the next federal election, and to hope to use any division within the LP to make sure they win office, so they don't support either option that is possible for the LP.

Oh please , the PM lacks leadership and doesn't have a spine!
As for the ALP , same sex marriage would be sorted and people could freely marry if that was their want.

As I said Turnbull is trying to pull his Conservatives into line with public pressure - doing anything else would be political suicide - not "spine".
Tackling the conservatives head on without demonstrating public opinion to them would doom the "Yes" vote given that their are some ALP MPs and cross-benchers leaning toward voting "No" too.

Billy boy has an unstated objective - he is only focussed on the next election and will use anything and anyone to try to win that even if it means delaying gay marriage to use it as an issue at that next election

There is a lot of distortion of reality going on, based on prejudice and political self-interest, and, yes, a plebiscite or survey will give some of the those opposing gay marriage a platform, but an overwhelming "Yes" vote via some form of public forum will take the whole issue off the back-burner and pull some politicians into line when the vote comes in parliament. Without that we could have a free vote in parliament with no definitive outcome and a lot more stalling.

But Billy would then have his next election issue.

If Shorten was that adamant it the law should be changed he should come out & say they'll make it policy if elected. He wont though just in case the no vote wins.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Q. » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm

cracka wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I am STILL waiting for someone who is voting No to tell me how two people getting married directly affects them

I've got a bad feeling that the no vote is going to get up because of the bullying campaign the yes people are running.
This 'bullying' is a construct of the no-vote.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby MW » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Maybe the yes vote should not keep saying "its the right thing to do"
MW
Coach

Postby heater31 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Q. wrote:
cracka wrote:

This 'bullying' is a construct of the no-vote.
Is the tide beginning to turn? Poll results conducted for the 'yes' camp showed a sharp drop in support.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics