30%
Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:35 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Just got a 30 day Facebook ban. Get ready for me to be a pest on here!

I wonder what the Facebook, SA Footy quinella would be paying...
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Just got a 30 day Facebook ban. Get ready for me to be a pest on here!

I wonder what the Facebook, SA Footy quinella would be paying...

Be shorter odds than Winx
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Edwardstown won the B grade, way to good for us today unfortunately and we played our worst game of the season :(

A grade third quarter
NH 12.8.80
MP 5.6.36
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Bad luck mate
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dols » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Calling it 44 points up half way through the last. The drought is about to be broken. Havens home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:54 pm

North Haven are the 2017 Division 4 premiers.

Final score
NH 17.8.141
MP 7.8.50

Couldn't be prouder of what the boys achieved for my club today. After 32 long years the monkey is finally off the back!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:00 pm

.Image
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Before I go back to the club and drown my sorrows with my boys while at the same time celebrate and enjoy an A grade premiership (bit sweet situation) my thoughts on today-

Edwardstown were far too good in the end for us, after a tight first half they wrestled the momentum ther way and really capitalised on their opportunities in front of goal, something we simply did not. We missed some very easy shots and our fowardline entiries were very average while they moved the ball inside 50 with relative ease. I think we battled manfully as a back six but we were constantly under the pump through some very good ball movement from the Towns. They are deserving winners.

Not sure what the Towns tall forward stocks are like but Jo Royle is far too good too be playing B grade and I told him that when I shook his hand after the game. My partner in crime Alex McColl tried his heart out to stop Jo but he is very classy tall forward with a great set of hands. Surely he plays A grade next season?

Devastating to lose today and let Jake Watts and Trent Kolbig down, I really wanted to win it for him this year.

But on a positive note we finally have an A grade premiership. Outstanding effort from Tyles and the boys it was great to watch. They did it easy in the end and it was finally a day where everything went our way for once.

To finally gain promotion into Division 3 and cap it off with a premiership is incredible. Every premiership has a story- In the summer of 2009 the club was broke and was almost going to close it's doors. We therefore completely bottomed out, finishing bottom in Div 4 and Div 5 the following season, 2010. We survived being relegated to Div 6 due to Smithfield folding IIRC? They were very dark times which I want us to never revisit and it's taken 8 years to rise to where we are now and the club is in the best shape it's ever been.

Onwards and upwards into Division 3. It's definitely been the most enjoyable season of football I've had.

Go Havens
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby good bump » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Well done havens best team all year. Too good for us every time we played you and unlucky morphies good solid club and play a good solid brand of footy. Best of luck in div 3 guys whole new ball game
good bump
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:19 am

We've had a special guest at North Haven tonight while celebrating, old mate Shrek has been partying hard and getting loose here while wearing the prison bars lol.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:36 am

U
Last edited by The Big Shrek on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Well done North Haven, best team all year. Way to good for us yesterday. Hope your celebration are still kicking on.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby the joker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Can't believe Pedersen didn't get BOG. He was so far an away the best player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby bubba love » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Go U haven boys!
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Yank Man » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Before I go back to the club and drown my sorrows with my boys while at the same time celebrate and enjoy an A grade premiership (bit sweet situation) my thoughts on today-

Edwardstown were far too good in the end for us, after a tight first half they wrestled the momentum ther way and really capitalised on their opportunities in front of goal, something we simply did not. We missed some very easy shots and our fowardline entiries were very average while they moved the ball inside 50 with relative ease. I think we battled manfully as a back six but we were constantly under the pump through some very good ball movement from the Towns. They are deserving winners.

Not sure what the Towns tall forward stocks are like but Jo Royle is far too good too be playing B grade and I told him that when I shook his hand after the game. My partner in crime Alex McColl tried his heart out to stop Jo but he is very classy tall forward with a great set of hands. Surely he plays A grade next season?

Devastating to lose today and let Jake Watts and Trent Kolbig down, I really wanted to win it for him this year.

But on a positive note we finally have an A grade premiership. Outstanding effort from Tyles and the boys it was great to watch. They did it easy in the end and it was finally a day where everything went our way for once.

To finally gain promotion into Division 3 and cap it off with a premiership is incredible. Every premiership has a story- In the summer of 2009 the club was broke and was almost going to close it's doors. We therefore completely bottomed out, finishing bottom in Div 4 and Div 5 the following season, 2010. We survived being relegated to Div 6 due to Smithfield folding IIRC? They were very dark times which I want us to never revisit and it's taken 8 years to rise to where we are now and the club is in the best shape it's ever been.

Onwards and upwards into Division 3. It's definitely been the most enjoyable season of football I've had.

Go Havens

Well done to all at North Haven, you've been the benchmark in Div 4 all year, well coached by Tylor and disciplined with good structure. Finally up a Division and will be hard to beat in 2018 again.

Must say that on the reserves game that whilst the jubilation was ours on the day I did feel for Boosh and TDK, 2 great blokes who battled hard all day and deserve to win one. For us it was a great result and frankly the final score didn't reflect the game as we made the most of our chances in front of goal and Haven's missed some they would normally get. For us to come from 4th and have to beat every team in the 5 to win it was just reward for the lads who went out in straight sets last year after finishing top. Joey is a good player TDK but came out this year just to have a kick and catch with his B grade mates. Didn't train much and only got serious in the last 6 weeks. He is travelling the world next year so we won't see much of him, hopefully just the last 6 weeks if we are up and about again. :D

But it's all about the A's isn't it and Haven won it and we struggled, so kudos to all at the club. Very deserved winners.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jake the snake » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Townies b grade is a very very good side.

Any b grade with Aaron Parsons running around already has a big advantage over the rest.

Interesting that Edwardstown dropped him in round 18 to qualify for b graders
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:49 pm

jake the snake wrote:Townies b grade is a very very good side.

Any b grade with Aaron Parsons running around already has a big advantage over the rest.

Why? Their A's were out of contention.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
jake the snake wrote:Townies b grade is a very very good side.

Why? Their A's were out of contention.

He was already qualified. Came back through the C's after a knee reconstruction to play his 200th game and works shifts on some Saturdays so he plays where he can. It was more about his welfare going forward to ensure he was good to go for next season. He was the one who put his hand up to help the B grade lads in the end. Exceptional clubman and yes, the A's were out of contention.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Big Red Nose » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:20 pm

what a bloody awesome day it was for the NHFC. Very disciplined and superb team effort. Commiserations to Wattsy and the B grade lads.
Mark and his coaching staff have done a fantastic job both on and off the field but they couldn't have done it without the support of the fantastic people at the club behind the scenes. It's been a long time coming and I'm very confident the club will only continue to get stronger into the future. I just wish my liver would as she's still throbbing.

Go the Havens 2018!!
The redder it grows the more he knows
Big Red Nose
Mini-League

Been liked: 14 times

Postby bubba love » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Sorry yank man, I know your a expert on North haven and you had usall figured out! If onlyu knew as much about your own club! Flog
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League