Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Apparently Kochie gave the players a spray
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:56 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Apparently Kochie gave the players a spray

What, with a hose? As disappointed as he might well be he's got no place venting his frustration at the players, if true. Stick to financial advice and breakfast telly.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Magellan wrote:

What, with a hose? As disappointed as he might well be he's got no place venting his frustration at the players, if true. Stick to financial advice and breakfast telly.

And applying Nair to his melon.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bennymacca » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Brodlach wrote:
UK Fan wrote:An AFL Final

At Adelaide Oval

On a Saturday night

Let the piss weak excuses begin :-)

Just get off the topic. You really are a sad little man sometimes, build a bridge and get over whatever your issue is.

$100 a ticket in this economy might have something to do with it. Do you ever go to an AFL game?

I'm with UK Fan here.

That is very disappointing no matter how you spin it
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Magellan wrote:

Rubbish. He is the highest figure in the football club and it's his right to give anyone he sees fit to a bake.
Players are too soft these days, can't handle a few home truths
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Would you listen to kochie in a football sense just after you lose after the siren in extra time?

I would think a lot of them would tell him to fk off. Hinkley on the other hand had every right to strip the paint off the walls
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:Would you listen to kochie in a football sense just after you lose after the siren in extra time?

I would think a lot of them would tell him to fk off. Hinkley on the other hand had every right to strip the paint off the walls

He is their boss no matter what you or the players think of him. Don't like it look for another job I say
Jim05
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:11 pm

bennymacca wrote:Would you listen to kochie in a football sense just after you lose after the siren in extra time?

Maybe Kochie had too coz Ken is too weak to do what was required.

Although straight after the siren is poor form given the nature of the loss.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Brodlach wrote:
UK Fan wrote:An AFL Final

At Adelaide Oval

On a Saturday night

Let the piss weak excuses begin :-)

Just get off the topic. You really are a sad little man sometimes, build a bridge and get over whatever your issue is.

$100 a ticket in this economy might have something to do with it. Do you ever go to an AFL game?

You Couldn't be more wrong. I'm not sad I couldn't be more happy on this beautiful Sunday Adelaide morning.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby helicopterking » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:26 pm

carey wrote:
helicopterking wrote:It's the match up on Petrie or Vardy resting forward that will stretch Port.

If your going in with Petrie and Vardy as your hopes to win a final you'd want to hope your playing Pooraka's B grade mate.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Kennedy well held but darling and Petrie caused problems all night
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Rubbish. He is the highest figure in the football club and it's his right to give anyone he sees fit to a bake.
Players are too soft these days, can't handle a few home truths

Jim, it's not about copping home truths, it who you cop them from. As benny says they deserve it from the coach, and both barrels. The players can be thankful Fos Williams isn't their coach.

No player who spends all but two months of the year training and playing professional footy under significant pressure is going to respect or take seriously insults from a guy who (a) makes his living in Sydney, which includes handing out money with another guy dressed in a cow suit and throwing to the weathergirl, and (b) more importantly has never pulled on a boot. But I guess Kochie needs to feel he is part of the club apart from being its public face and charismatic figurehead.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby morell » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:05 pm

What a load of shit.

Koch is the chairman of the Football Club. He absolutely had the right to demand better, in fact, I'd be pissed if he didn't like I have in the past.

Someone somewhere has to tell these players it's not good enough. Ken's presser was a god damn disgrace. Nothing to be proud of. That is not the Port Adelaide I grew up supporting. This sycophant bull shit has to stop!

If the standard of "must've played footy" is what we're using, then we would've missed out on many a great Football person over the years. If anything I like that he's not a Football person and looks at things from different angles.

More of it please David.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:11 pm

morell wrote:What a load of shit.

Koch is the chairman of the Football Club. He absolutely had the right to demand better, in fact, I'd be pissed if he didn't like I have in the past.

Someone somewhere has to tell these players it's not good enough. Ken's presser was a god damn disgrace. Nothing to be proud of. That is not the Port Adelaide I grew up supporting. This sycophant bull shit has to stop!

If the standard of "must've played footy" is what we're using, then we would've missed out on many a great Football person over the years. If anything I like that he's not a Football person and looks at things from different angles.

More of it please David.

I don't agree with you often but you are bang on this time.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:25 pm

morell wrote:What a load of shit.

More of it please David.

Perhaps he can coax the cash cow to chip in so you can get a better coach.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:27 pm

After the spray the Port players should have said "I wake up with Today". :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brodlach » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Hate to stick up for Kenny but wasn't him that missed 16 shots on goal, most of them gettable
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby morell » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:Hate to stick up for Kenny but wasn't him that missed 16 shots on goal, most of them gettable
In a way, he did.

Our forward line is so utterly focused on "locking it in" and "pressure acts" and "repeat entries" that in all honesty, they're often absolutely ****** when they have a shot. The shot Dixon missed, gettable, absolutely, but he took a mark on centre wing 45 seconds before that and rolled his ankle, pushed through it, chipped it sideways and then sprinted back to provide the second option whilst we were switching the ball. So by the time he's marked it inside 50 he's got lactic build up, a sore ankle and a tonne of pressure.

Combine that with our profoundly stupid tactic of kicking to the pockets to force throw in's and avoid opening up the other side of the ground and were often kicking from angles with a large degree of difficulty.

This is why we have 34 inside 50s to 16 in a half and outscore them by just 1 goal. Our forward line selections, method, system and structure is ******* terrible and absolutely contributes to our innacuracy.

Dose inside fitty stats doe
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Wrong morell
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Every club tries the same manic pressure in their attacking half. Eagles kicked 6 points which ended up being the difference

Dixon in the third quarter instead of just trying to get it through the goals wanted to kick it out of the stadium from the goal square. I will say he did a shit load if work to get into that position
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL