6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 am

D6R - Interesting game Saturday. Very difficult to watch as the 3rd placed coach, constantly thinking what if. Elizabeth looked slow on the Edwardstown deck, didn't seem to have the same run and zip about them as they did against us - perhaps a little drained?

Pulteney controlled probably 80% of the game, I don't think Elizabeth kept themselves in it, more Pulteney's inefficiencies up forward that kept the Eagles alive.

Spent large portions of the quarters inside Blues territory but McCafferty just dropped back into the D50 and mopped up, and Moseley, Watts, Maslen were strong all day. Furber was absolutely massive - two weeks in a row he's basically stuck his team on his shoulders and led the way. Platten and Hall were very good, hunt the ball well.

The Blues could have reason for being a bit salty this morning. 2x yellow cards at the 3/4 time break saw them start with 2 of their better players off, and then a red card midway through the last had them playing with 17 for the rest of the match. Still had their chances, player streamed through the midfield late in the game, got to 50m, had only the full forward in front, and 20m of space, should've ran into the 30m and had a shot, but opted to pass out wide on an acute angle to the full forward who had led out of the square, and Elizabeth mopped up.

Down the other end, last minute, Pulteney had everyone inside their D50, was very scrappy then the quick kick came out, Clark running back with the flight of the ball just nudged the Blues backman backwards and took a good over head mark at the top of the square.

The Blues backman was very very soft in the contest - you're talking 20 seconds left in a Grand Final, you're facing the ball and you let the opposition's best forward just run back into you and take the mark - needed to at least get a fist on the ball, attack the ball, make body contact with Clark.. ANYTHING!

Clark went back, calmly slotted the goal, and then before the ball was retrieved siren sounded.. absolute scenes..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 am

The Bedge wrote:D6R - Interesting game Saturday. Very difficult to watch as the 3rd placed coach, constantly thinking what if. Elizabeth looked slow on the Edwardstown deck, didn't seem to have the same run and zip about them as they did against us - perhaps a little drained?

Pulteney controlled probably 80% of the game, I don't think Elizabeth kept themselves in it, more Pulteney's inefficiencies up forward that kept the Eagles alive.

Spent large portions of the quarters inside Blues territory but McCafferty just dropped back into the D50 and mopped up, and Moseley, Watts, Maslen were strong all day. Furber was absolutely massive - two weeks in a row he's basically stuck his team on his shoulders and led the way. Platten and Hall were very good, hunt the ball well.

The Blues could have reason for being a bit salty this morning. 2x yellow cards at the 3/4 time break saw them start with 2 of their better players off, and then a red card midway through the last had them playing with 17 for the rest of the match. Still had their chances, player streamed through the midfield late in the game, got to 50m, had only the full forward in front, and 20m of space, should've ran into the 30m and had a shot, but opted to pass out wide on an acute angle to the full forward who had led out of the square, and Elizabeth mopped up.

Down the other end, last minute, Pulteney had everyone inside their D50, was very scrappy then the quick kick came out, Clark running back with the flight of the ball just nudged the Blues backman backwards and took a good over head mark at the top of the square.

The Blues backman was very very soft in the contest - you're talking 20 seconds left in a Grand Final, you're facing the ball and you let the opposition's best forward just run back into you and take the mark - needed to at least get a fist on the ball, attack the ball, make body contact with Clark.. ANYTHING!

Clark went back, calmly slotted the goal, and then before the ball was retrieved siren sounded.. absolute scenes..

Great summary.
Just about right.
Pulteney kicked two points for the term? I know they kicked at least two, both of which should've been kicked and probably would've proved the difference.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:50 am

D6

Hard to be too disappointed with the result. Pulteney were the stand out side all season, finished top, beat all before them. Ingle Farm did it the hard way - from Elimination final, to Grand Final was a tremendous effort. If you'd told me after 6 rounds that the Farmers would be playing off in the GF, I would've told you that you have rocks in your head.

Thought the Farmers started well enough, both sides backlines were strong, and the Farmers were able to create a few opportunities early - unfortunately 2 behinds and 1 out on the full meant they failed to capitilise on that early momentum. The Blues were forward and kicked the first goal, then won the midfield clearance and kicked another very quickly, and it was a little worrying the ease they were able to open up Ingle Farm at times.

Second quarter was telling. The Blues were strong, pushed up with their press and sucked Ingle Farm in with ease. A number of lazy performers for the Bulldogs meant the backline was under immense pressure, no one worked hard up and around the ground, and when Ingle Farm were able to work through the press and go forward, the Blues backline was able to clean up and expose a rather lazy forward line, switched and then ran straight back through the opposite side and middle with ease and generated another F50 entry. It was almost like a training drill at times the ease in which they moved from D50 to F50.

Cleveland was absolutely massive, dominated the ruck, and positioned himself behind the ball in front of the Ingle Farm forwards and cleaned up most that came his way. Took a number of contested marks, and everytime he took a mark his mate Dalton Tucker was lurking nearby, handball went to Tucker who then released Mattner or Currie and away they went.

Noble in the ruck was impressive as well, very athletic and strong performance.

Forbes was good up forward, Rowlands strong down back, and Tucker was best on by the length of Flemington. Pulteney were fit, quick and well structured and controlled the game pretty well from start to finish.

Few of the Ingle Farm lads dug in - despite being faced with two very good rucks, Gannell battled incredibly hard all day, his work rate and efforts around the ground are second to none, and Grae Grant showed patches of brilliance in the midfield, but was a bit of a lone soldier. Peter Bone would've made 20 tackles for the game, worked so hard, and provided the only real resistance as Pulteney came out of defence.

Mount, Sandery, Smart, Pope, Phillis did exceptionally well down back given the weight of entries, and continued to try and repel attacks. Mount keeping Giddings to a single goal - set shot from outside 50 - was an awesome effort.

All in all, the best team all year won, and deservedly so. We had probably played our Grand Final the week before, as a club we managed to achieve a goal that we set out to and which has taken us so long to reach, and that's get out of D6. On reflection, it's been a very successful season for our club. We have had some challenges and hurdles to overcome, and we've managed them and continued to move forward.

Now to begin preparations for 2018.

Congratulations to Pulteney, well deserved.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:55 am

Will it be only one team to get promoted again with new clubs rumored to be joining the comp?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 am

Arch44 wrote:Will it be only one team to get promoted again with new clubs rumored to be joining the comp?

New clubs will go to D7. End of discussion. ;)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:11 am

On Friday the boss declared that 2 clubs are currently considering offers of entry into Division 7. No secret it is Marion and OSB/Lonsdale. That should be the end of story as far as 2 up and 2 down goes. But 2 years ago Para Hills win a Div 5 flag and then go into recess for a year, and in recent years other clubs have successfully requested to stay put or be demoted due to massive player losses etc. and there is at least 1 club whose ongoing affiliation is subject to paying another bond so who knows what could unfold. That's what we are enjoying about the AdFL, never a dull moment with some of what happens out in club land.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:52 am

Congratulations to Pulteney on their premiership. Clearly the best side all year and I felt the rest of us were just slightly off the pace. Good game summary by The Bedge.

As far as we go, I am very proud of the lads and the club in general. A lot of people have done a lot of work over the last 3 years to get where we currently are. We have a good core group who have all indicated they are staying around and the average age is 24 so the future looks bright. We know we must improve in the off season to hold our own in D5 and we are determined to leave no stone unturned to do that.

On the field, Will and the Pulteney players showed us respect and were humble in their achievement. The only real disappointment for me was a small group of Pulteney supporters singing a chorus of "Ferals" in the last quarter. It didn't need to happen and I'm sure the hierarchy at Pulteney weren't proud of it.

That closes off a fantastic competitive year in D6 where most coaches and players conducted themselves in the correct manner. Good luck to all for 2018!
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:59 am

Inallseriousness wrote:On the field, Will and the Pulteney players showed us respect and were humble in their achievement. The only real disappointment for me was a small group of Pulteney supporters singing a chorus of "Ferals" in the last quarter. It didn't need to happen and I'm sure the hierarchy at Pulteney weren't proud of it.

Northern Goals? They were pretty quiet until the last quarter. Think they were just disgruntled B grade players.

I texted Footy Chick at about the half way point of the first quarter and told her it was a soccer score 2-1 :shock: neither side could get decent delivery to their forwards.

On the B grade the final kick looked a bit shaky? Agree a poor defensive effort. Also the Pulteney #17 is the major sponsor of the club and 2009 premiership player. He should know better by now. Hopefully his TV presenter missus kicked him the arse for it.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:02 pm

heater31 wrote:Northern Goals? They were pretty quiet until the last quarter.

I texted Footy Chick at about the half way point of the first quarter and told her it was a soccer score 2-1 :shock: neither side could get decent delivery to their forwards.

Yeah that's them haha.. I thought they were chanting "Centrals" at first :lol:

Didn't last long though, they grew bored of it quickly haha!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:04 pm

heater31 wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:On the field, Will and the Pulteney players showed us respect and were humble in their achievement. The only real disappointment for me was a small group of Pulteney supporters singing a chorus of "Ferals" in the last quarter. It didn't need to happen and I'm sure the hierarchy at Pulteney weren't proud of it.

Northern Goals? They were pretty quiet until the last quarter.

Yes mate and the execution going forward was more about nerves than pressure I thought.
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:04 pm

The Bedge wrote:Thankfully Pulteney don't need to worry about such things - would expect all 20 of their supporter base to turn up Saturday.. ;) :D

Well i was very wrong! Good turn out of Pulteney supporters - even the great South Aussie Cosi was there!

Not only did they have a good supporter base, but by golly gee whiz there's some eye candy running around Pulteney! :X
The Bedge
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Thankfully Pulteney don't need to worry about such things - would expect all 20 of their supporter base to turn up Saturday.. ;) :D

Well i was very wrong! Good turn out of Pulteney supporters - even the great South Aussie Cosi was there!

Not only did they have a good supporter base, but by golly gee whiz there's some eye candy running around Pulteney! :X
And that's just the trainers ;) where was that when I was a player with a 3 year stretch of Hamstring issues :oops:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Grae Grant - "If the club (IFFC) gets trainers like that, i'll come to training next year!"
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:26 pm

Still reckon Lockleys win that award. Some of our players used to be too busy flirting to man their opponent. I reckon it's why we've never beaten them.

Remember one day commenting about a rather attractive water girl with the opponent and he said "yeah shes smoking hot, but man she can be crazy!" Turns out it was his long time girlfriend. Was funny.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:Grae Grant - "If the club (IFFC) gets trainers like that, i'll come to training next year!"

Where can I get odds on him being in a PNU D Grade guernsey next year?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 pm

jo172 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Grae Grant - "If the club (IFFC) gets trainers like that, i'll come to training next year!"

Where can I get odds on him being in a PNU D Grade guernsey next year?

He said he only wanted to play D grade a couple years ago.. that lasted one game, and he ended up back in the 1s, so he wasn't real impressed.. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:00 pm

Will the div 6 thread be able to handle the loss of The Bedge to the div 5 thread next year?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:01 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Will the div 6 thread be able to handle the loss of oldman to the div 5 thread next year?

EFA.

No.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Yes, but not the loss of Zartan.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:04 pm

They're all stiffs in D5 thread, my team may be gone, but i'll still linger around D6 thread where the real action is :D
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League