Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby morell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:54 am

Trader wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
Trader wrote:
Booney wrote:It'll be a 2 year extension taking him to the end of 2020 with a young side already in finals or a basket case on and off field in a cesspool for sporting franchises. There is no decision to make whatsoever.

Unfortunately next year's draw will have more games against top 8 sides.

There's only 5 double up games a season, every team plays at least 2 of those against last years top 8 even if you finish bottom 8, if you finish it the top 8 you get 3. Soft draw calls based on purely that are that are pretty irrelevant. (Note you do get lucky sometimes with the bottom 8 double ups you get)

This is not correct.
Essendon had 4 of their 5 double ups against 2016 bottom 10 sides. (Collingwood, Carlton, Freo and Brisbane).

There is a degree of luck in it. Yes, port had 2 and 3, but the 2 we had were both 5-8, and 2 of the 3 from the bottom 10, were bottom 4 sides. There is no two ways about it, we will be unlikely to get such a nice draw in 2018.
Having Adelaide so strong helps, as it means they "count" as one of the top double up sides. Will be the same next year I'd say.

Used to suck having Showdowns as 50/50 games on top of playing two other top teams as well.

but you're right, was a draw from heaven. They owed us for 2015 though - which was legit ******.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby stan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:10 pm

MW wrote:
UK Fan wrote:So will Hinkley bite the billet and bring back trengove for next week or stick with Marshall ?? :-)

8)

I don't think Marshall was the problem...the delivery was putrid
Nah the opposition was just shit hot ;)

Marshall look out of his depth against McGovern but in saying that there is a bit about that kid.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:14 pm

Looks like he needs a couple more preseasons in the gym. But yeah looks a likely type
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby JK » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:Either way shouldn't have been said externally (i.e. outside the paid employees at Alberton)

Why?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:34 pm

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Either way shouldn't have been said externally (i.e. outside the paid employees at Alberton)

Why?

I've got no problems with the bloke in charge telling those under him that they need to be better at what they do, happens in plenty of organisations. That's why he gets the big bucks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby morell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Correct Booney!
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Dougal Howard broke the AFL/VFL record for one percenters (spoils, I'd say) Saturday night.
morell
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 pm

morell wrote:Dougal Howard broke the AFL/VFL record for one percenters (spoils, I'd say) Saturday night.

How long would they have been keeping that as an official stat for? Purely out of curiosity, not taking away from King Dougals game
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Why?

I've got no problems with the bloke in charge telling those under him that they need to be better at what they do, happens in plenty of organisations. That's why he gets the big bucks.

President/Chairman is a voluntary role isn't it?

As I said no issue with what he said, but do it behind closed doors, he opens his mouth way too much and I reckon would annoy the hell out of Ken and potentially fracture relationships inside the club.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby morell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:08 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
morell wrote:Dougal Howard broke the AFL/VFL record for one percenters (spoils, I'd say) Saturday night.

How long would they have been keeping that as an official stat for? Purely out of curiosity, not taking away from King Dougals game

1999 I think
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Why?

President/Chairman is a voluntary role isn't it?

As I said no issue with what he said, but do it behind closed doors, he opens his mouth way too much and I reckon would annoy the hell out of Ken and potentially fracture relationships inside the club.

Correct, Chairman is a voluntary role, but you know what I mean regarding the man at the top being the one "on the big bucks". He's there to make the tough calls, to be the one setting the standard and his off field team have raised the bar for Port Adelaide. Time on field did the same now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:13 pm

morell wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

1999 I think

OK, so just an AFL record then. Good on the King though, and long may he reign

I had to check that Marshall wasnt an u/17 being played as a -1 points player, christ he looks young. But has some go about him, once he puts on a bit of size and another couple of pre seasons he could develop nicely
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Would love to see the leaderboard for that stat and what the one percenters were comprised of given there have been many a good defensive game with spoils etc
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:16 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
morell wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

1999 I think

OK, so just an AFL record then. Good on the King though, and long may he reign

I had to check that Marshall wasnt an u/17 being played as a -1 points player, christ he looks young. But has some go about him, once he puts on a bit of size and another couple of pre seasons he could develop nicely

He's going to be player I think. He's 198cm and about to turn 19 in October, has played 3 AFL games at CHF and one final before his 19th birthday in the key post. Lots to like about the kid.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Why?

I'm sure Koch isnt the first chairman to give a bake.

Looking forward to seeing it on the season review video.

The last couple of season review videos from PAFC haven't held anything back.

I'm very surprised Kenny is getting a contract extension.

I would of thought at 60% finals strike rate wouldn't of been good enough for Koch. Especially after the spray he gave the players.

Are you committed to bringing PAFC its next premiership coach or do you just not want Gold Coast to poach him ?? I think that would be a fair question
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:32 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
Trader wrote:
Booney wrote:It'll be a 2 year extension taking him to the end of 2020 with a young side already in finals or a basket case on and off field in a cesspool for sporting franchises. There is no decision to make whatsoever.

There's only 5 double up games a season, every team plays at least 2 of those against last years top 8 even if you finish bottom 8, if you finish it the top 8 you get 3. Soft draw calls based on purely that are that are pretty irrelevant. (Note you do get lucky sometimes with the bottom 8 double ups you get)

Where do people get this crap from, beyond belief.
The premiership table is divided 3 ways, 1-6, 7-12,13-18. You play 3 double ups against other teams in your group of 6 and then you play one double up game against a team from both of the other groups.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby beef » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 am

daysofourlives wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
Trader wrote:

Where do people get this crap from, beyond belief.
The premiership table is divided 3 ways, 1-6, 7-12,13-18. You play 3 double ups against other teams in your group of 6 and then you play one double up game against a team from both of the other groups.

You sure about this. I would say if carlton finished first and essendon collingwood richmond finished bottom 3 we would still double up against them the following season for max crowds, ratings and revenue
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby MW » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 am

Gee these Kochie comments won't go away will it.
KT last night on AA was interesting...refused to comment on it.
Now they are saying it might drive Ken to the GC. Doubt it.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2608 times
Been liked: 1848 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am

I didn't think the comments were that bad, anyone whinging about it is just being a sooky lala.

If it drives Hinkley to the GC, then maybe that speaks more about him than people realise, and maybe not the right person to lead PAFC forward.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 am

A passionate Port supporter says something a little harsh after a gut wrenching loss that in hindsight he/she might reword, in itself it isn't a headline, unless that passionate fan is David Koch.

The football media circus at it's absolute worst in these instances, trying to make a story out of nothing.

MW wrote:Gee these Kochie comments won't go away will it.
KT last night on AA was interesting...refused to comment on it.
Now they are saying it might drive Ken to the GC. Doubt it.

KT did his best to not add fuel to the media fire by bypassing that question. Well played, KT.

Hinkley looks a very committed man, he doesn't look or appear to be the kind of man to one, walk out on a contract and two, leave a job unfinished. I think the Suns can look elsewhere.

Also, does everyone think Hinkley will be the only coach they'll sound out? Of course not, they're in a position no other club finds themselves in here, the AFL control the club and the AFL will do anything to get the man they want (as long as that man wants to go there).

Oh, conspiracy theory :

The AFL are driving the media divide of Koch/Hinkley to get Hinkley to the GC. Might send that to one of the AFL scum, I mean journo's. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL