Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:
jake the snake wrote:Rumour around town is port Noarlunga played a kid from south on the weekend who wasn't eligible

Pretty easy to find who you are talking about. Appears to have played 4 minor round games (1 A's, 3 B's), but one of those B Grade games he also played for SAFC Reserves. Interesting to hear what comes of this. :shock:

4 senior game is all that is needed to qualify right?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby neverwas neverwillbe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Is the issue he played Friday night then on the Sunday?? Generally can't play SANFL and local in the same weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dingo took my baby.
neverwas neverwillbe
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:
jake the snake wrote:Rumour around town is port Noarlunga played a kid from south on the weekend who wasn't eligible

Pretty easy to find who you are talking about. Appears to have played 4 minor round games (1 A's, 3 B's), but one of those B Grade games he also played for SAFC Reserves. Interesting to hear what comes of this. :shock:

A player is only able to play either SFL OR SANFL on any given weekend. From my understanding an exemption can be requested if the player plays for SFL club first and is then called up for SANFL unexpectedly afterwards AND a letter of explanation is provided to SFL Board asap.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby neverwas neverwillbe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:34 pm

neverwas neverwillbe wrote:Is the issue he played Friday night then on the Sunday?? Generally can't play SANFL and local in the same weekend.

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:

A player is only able to play either SFL OR SANFL on any given weekend. From my understanding an exemption can be requested if the player plays for SFL club first and is then called up for SANFL unexpectedly afterwards AND a letter of explanation is provided to SFL Board asap.

I was referring to U18 SANFL comp which doesn't seem to comply with the bylaws or am I reading it wrong? States reserves or league.

Dingo took my baby.
neverwas neverwillbe
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:36 pm

neverwas neverwillbe wrote:
neverwas neverwillbe wrote:Is the issue he played Friday night then on the Sunday?? Generally can't play SANFL and local in the same weekend.

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:[quote="jake the snake"]Rumour around town is port Noarlunga played a kid from south on the weekend who wasn't eligible

I was referring to U18 SANFL comp which doesn't seem to comply with the bylaws or am I reading it wrong? States reserves or league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]The SANFL doesn't have this rule. The SFL does

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:37 pm

Same thing happening in the u15's this year, club didn't lose the game points, so there is a precedence.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:Same thing happening in the u15's this year, club didn't lose the game points, so there is a precedence.
If the club notified the SFL as per By-laws requirements, the game may have been credited Image

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 am

Vics01 should have cleared this one up earlier because back in his Cove days they were able to use this situation to their advantage in an U18 final at Aldinga. The South Adelaide U18 season finished on Friday night with being eliminated in a Preliminary Final. Any of those lads who have qualified for the SFL finals whether Senior or Junior could play on Saturday or Sunday with their SFL club because the lads SANFL season was considered completed.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:22 am

You cant be at 2 places at the same time ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 am

The alleged offence has become garbled. Reading back, if the lad was credited with playing a game for Porties on the same weekend he played for South and that contributed to his 4 games for finals qualification then there could be an issue. Ahh, the annual SFL finals sagas - the gift that keeps on giving!!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby Demon fan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:33 am

But would the SFL actually do something about it if any wrongdoing has taken place? If Porties are found to have played ineligible player what would the outcome be?
Demon fan
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby MatteeG » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:33 am

Down the Hill wrote: Ahh, the annual SFL finals sagas - the gift that keeps on giving!!!

LOL. An annual tradition.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby vics01 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Could be he was named in South ressies and Porties B grade.. Both playing at the same time different ends of the city..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:58 pm

5 August 2017 - said player has played for the South Reserves at 12 noon at Alberton Oval and on the same day he was listed as playing B grade for Port Noarlunga coincidentally v Morphett Vale. That game has contributed to the 4 games (1A and 3B) he has supposedly played. And the other 2 B grade games appear dodgy because I think South had BYEs those weeks and if he was truly released to play by South then one assumes he would be an automatic A grade selection. The fact he played a B grade game v Marion for no goals and no best players does make you wonder if he even suited up or spent any time on the field.

When will clubs learn. There is a thing called the internet and the SportsTG system that makes all this information available. We have left the SFL but I continue to defend the league and remind those that love taking pot shots that the top clubs in the SFL would put many clubs in the AdFL to shame with how well run and organised they are. And the performance of Morphy Park and Brighton this year has justified that. But when a club does what seemingly has happened here, particularly at A grade level, then you have to wonder what on earth is going on at some of the SFL clubs.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby jet-airport » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Down the Hill wrote:5 August 2017 - said player has played for the South Reserves at 12 noon at Alberton Oval and on the same day he was listed as playing B grade for Port Noarlunga coincidentally v Morphett Vale. That game has contributed to the 4 games (1A and 3B) he has supposedly played. And the other 2 B grade games appear dodgy because I think South had BYEs those weeks and if he was truly released to play by South then one assumes he would be an automatic A grade selection. The fact he played a B grade game v Marion for no goals and no best players does make you wonder if he even suited up or spent any time on the field.

When will clubs learn. There is a thing called the internet and the SportsTG system that makes all this information available. We have left the SFL but I continue to defend the league and remind those that love taking pot shots that the top clubs in the SFL would put many clubs in the AdFL to shame with how well run and organised they are. And the performance of Morphy Park and Brighton this year has justified that. But when a club does what seemingly has happened here, particularly at A grade level, then you have to wonder what on earth is going on at some of the SFL clubs.

Appears he kicked a goal in the south reserves game that day too.
Portys probably would of been better off trying to get him a permit and being upfront with league when 4 weeks to go, I imagine some serious fines / consequences attached to this type of dare I say it ......cheating?
MVALE CRICKETERS WONT BE HAPPY :lol: :lol: :lol:
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:10 pm

The lad played 7 Reserves and 9 U18 games in the SANFL. That's 16 out of an 18 game SANFL season. In anyone's book that makes him a South player in 2017 and the reason why community leagues have minimum game qualification rules.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby beef » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:36 pm

If it's who i think it is, without knowing anything about Port Noarlunga the kid is a walk start for A grade. Probably at any amateur club in SA.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby jet-airport » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:21 pm

beef wrote:If it's who i think it is, without knowing anything about Port Noarlunga the kid is a walk start for A grade. Probably at any amateur club in SA.

Agree, considering he played A grade for them 2 years ago as a 16 year old.
Interesting times, SFL Website still has Porties vs Shoe this week......
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby footy1992 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
0.jpg
0.jpg (65.04 KiB) Viewed 3746 times
footy1992
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm

footy1992 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
0.jpg

Well that wasn't showing about 2 hours ago........
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL