Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Onto this weekend of Prelim's, if results go the way of the favourite's in each grade we will have only 3 clubs represented across the 5 games on GF day.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Off The Wall » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:Onto this weekend of Prelim's, if results go the way of the favourite's in each grade we will have only 3 clubs represented across the 5 games on GF day.

More so 5. Valleys and Christies in junior grades should start favourites

A Shoes v MV
B Flaggies v MV
17 Shoes v Flaggies
15 Valleys v Reynella
13 Christies v Shoes
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Dunno, was impressed with the Shoe's 13's last week.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Wilbur » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Demon fan wrote:Interested in people's thoughts so who is at fault,
Porties who claimed to have ask if OK to play but clearly did the wrong thing on 5/08, SFL for not picking it up prior to game or MVale for asking the question?

You're surely joking. Port Noarlunga 100% at fault.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Swooper16 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Porties who claimed to have ask if OK to play but clearly did the wrong thing on 5/08, SFL for not picking it up prior to game or MVale for asking the question?

Morphett Vale for me. How dare they send out a team full of correctly qualified players.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:Dunno, was impressed with the Shoe's 13's last week.

Played Christies twice and won both .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Demon fan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Wilbur wrote:

You're surely joking. Port Noarlunga 100% at fault.

I agree they are, but they don't
Demon fan
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby banterfordays » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:17 am

King wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:Anyone care to confirm if their club is not looking for a new coach next year? Numbers seem to be growing
Names of candidates being mentioned include Mitch Portlock, Justin Calderbank, Trent Mills, Marty Clifton, Ben Porter, Matt Golding with Mr Crate being asked to take the helm at CB. Care to confirm LGIL?

Don't know Mitty's plans for next year ........ bit premature with a GF on Saturday week, but if he needs an enticement to stay, l'll marry his daughter!!!!

Where's he been hiding her all these years?!?
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Oldman Munga » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Just heard Lonsdale have voted 40-5 in favour of leaving the SFL ,can someone from within confirm
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby norwood8 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 am

Oldman Munga wrote:Just heard Lonsdale have voted 40-5 in favour of leaving the SFL ,can someone from within confirm

I'm not involved anymore, but can confirm the outcome is correct.

Exciting times ahead for the club, a great chance to build up and find a more comfortable home with the opportunity of constant competitive football.

OSB/Lonsdale is a great family club that may not have the resources to match it with the big boys but will now hopefully create itself a positive identity amongst the wider football community.

Well done to all involved.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby King » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Two fairly ordinary games today in the SFL A & B grade prelims. Hope the standard, both footy ability and physically, rise for next week's GF's.
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby shoe boy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:37 pm

King wrote:Two fairly ordinary games today in the SFL A & B grade prelims. Hope the standard, both footy ability and physically, rise for next week's GF's.

How many Prelims have you played and what grade ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby King » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:01 am

shoe boy wrote:
King wrote:Two fairly ordinary games today in the SFL A & B grade prelims. Hope the standard, both footy ability and physically, rise for next week's GF's.

SB, I could quote all kinds of amazing stats relating to my footy career and you would have no idea if they were true or not. However I will not do that simply as it is totally irrelevant to my original post. If you thought the two prelims were good games, so be it; I didn't.
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby shoe boy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:33 am

King wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

SB, I could quote all kinds of amazing stats relating to my footy career and you would have no idea if they were true or not. However I will not do that simply as it is totally irrelevant to my original post. If you thought the two prelims were good games, so be it; I didn't.

Don't be shy King , with your comments you must be a measuring stick of standard and the phsyical contest ?
Enlighten me on just one .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby banterfordays » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Anyone who hasn't played the game at all could tell that the games were ordinary games just from the scoreline. Otherwise you'd only have ex footballers being journalists and commentators (a scary thought that we're creeping towards). How dare anyone say that two finals with a combined margin of 15 goals is "ordinary ". Especially on a footy discussion forum
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:04 pm

A-Grade was quite physical earlier in the game, Morphett Vale looked spent in the second half

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Interesting situation with the U16s girls competition Grand Final.
Christies Beach played unqualified players and Happy Valley had unqualified players on teamsheet without a number next to their name who did not play. League investigating and apparently want to call it a no result grand final.
Surely one of these offences where the girls actually played is worse than leaving a name on the teamsheet without a number next to their name which apparently was given the OK but SFL representative on the day.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Interesting situation with the U16s girls competition Grand Final.
Christies Beach played unqualified players and Happy Valley had unqualified players on teamsheet without a number next to their name who did not play. League investigating and apparently want to call it a no result grand final.
Surely one of these offences where the girls actually played is worse than leaving a name on the teamsheet without a number next to their name which apparently was given the OK but SFL representative on the day.

Surely it's about time club administrators (coaches/team managers etc) learned how to do their job properly and brushed up on the rules.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Interesting situation with the U16s girls competition Grand Final.

I heard the rule is if CB are found guilty, their score gets wiped like Porties did, however the issue is HV didn't score so makes it a 0-0 result!!!!

Surely it wouldn't take long for the SFL to oversee the team sheets say 24 hours before each final to confirm eligibility? would save a lot of these issues.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Off The Wall » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:

I heard the rule is if CB are found guilty, their score gets wiped like Porties did, however the issue is HV didn't score so makes it a 0-0 result!!!!

Surely it wouldn't take long for the SFL to oversee the team sheets say 24 hours before each final to confirm eligibility? would save a lot of these issues.

The onus is on the club's to provide correct information. If this is done, there is no need for the SFL to filter through it all. And in the case of Porties, the SFL isnt to know if a player is played elsewhere until it is alerted to them.

As The Bedge said, clubs administrators need to lift their game. If a player isnt playing, cross their name off, its isnt hard. Hate seeing teams blaming others for their own mistakes/lies
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL