Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:32 am

morell wrote:Oh so no liking sneans is fine is it?

No....I just nearly liked something benny said....that's the problem.

I feel dirty.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:32 am

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:If you know what sneans is, You are probably an enthusiast.

A real "don't even know what you mean" type operator

F**k...I nearly liked this post....

Go on, I dare you!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:33 am

HH3 wrote:

I feel dirty.

Once you go Mac you never go back. You should try it some time
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:33 am

And for the record, baseball caps are fine to wear to a night game.

Half of their purpose is to shield baseball players eyes from the stadium lights at night.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:34 am

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:

I feel dirty.

Once you go Mac you never go back. You should try it some time

Yep, you can only catch it once.

No thanks. I've seen Philadelphia.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby morell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:41 am

HH3 wrote:And for the record, baseball caps are fine to wear to a night game.

Half of their purpose is to shield baseball players eyes from the stadium lights at night.
If you're trying to spot a baseball in the lights, then baseball caps are fine.

If you're a spectator watching AFL at night where the play is at ground level and the lights are half a kilometre in the air.

You're a galah.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby MW » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 am

Galahs wear baseball caps?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby morell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 am

Only the dorky ones
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:02 am

Just so the thread doesn't get continually derailed, here are morell's top 10 style tips for the unassuming gentleman (21+) attending the football

1. Under no circumstances should you wear game day apparel (guernsey, shorts) unless you're a player in said team. Grand Finals excepted.
2. Gimmick items normally purchased at the Royal Adelaide show (jester hats, wizard hats, mohawks et al) are never permissible.
3. Caps are totally fine on sunny days, provided they are worn frontwards to protect from the sun. Never backwards! Ever!
4. Merchandise should either be new and relevant to the season or vintage. Please stop wearing that faded polo from 2011.
5. Scarves/Beanies are great, in fact encouraged. Smothering them in player badges or other shit, is not. Sauce and mustard stains understandable.
6. Face painting? Are you ******* 8 years old? No.
7. Weather appropriate clothes please. No one cares about your beach biceps. You look like a twat freezing in the cold with your sleeveless vest.
8. Sunglasses obviously an essential item, but try and find a pair that don't look like they're from the Caltex on O'Connell street.
9. Its a rule in life, but never, ever wear sneakers with jeans. Ever. No excuses, I don't care if they're super expensive retro Nikes. Grow up.
10. Football should be neat casual. Enough with the nightclub attire because you think there might be someone drunk and cute on the hill.

Ok, there we go, now back to the footy!
Last edited by morell on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
morell
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:06 am

Ditts on TripleM going with a source from the club saying Ken has been offered 5 year deal from GC.
MW
Coach

Postby morell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:07 am

MW wrote:Ditts on TripleM going with a source from the club saying Ken has been offered 5 year deal from GC.
If so, he'd be crazy not to go IMO.
morell
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:10 am

morell wrote:
MW wrote:Ditts on TripleM going with a source from the club saying Ken has been offered 5 year deal from GC.

Not when you hear who Ditts thinks should replace him...Josh Francou!!!
MW
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:12 am

morell wrote:

It's only an additional 2 years on his current role (assuming PAFC offer him an extension).

He'd be crazy to take on that basket case, they'll be lucky to be around in 5yrs.. could ruin his career.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:14 am

LOL, Triple M "mail".

Jars - Dangerfield has signed with Adelaide
Jars - Clarkson will coach Adelaide

The "mail" "Ditts" is going with was mentioned on Monday night on two footy shows. They're almost as slow with updating their "news" as they are their music.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby morell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:15 am

The Bedge wrote:
morell wrote:

It's only an additional 2 years on his current role (assuming PAFC offer him an extension).

He'd be crazy to take on that basket case, they'll be lucky to be around in 5yrs.. could ruin his career.

5 years at I would assume huge coin. Could probably go close to setting himself up for the rest of his life. That, and if he got them competitive he'd be well positioned to move into footy director type roles once he's done.

2 years at notso huge coin with Port, fail and he's on the scrap heap.
morell
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:42 am

Booney wrote:

LOL, Triple M "mail".

Jars - Dangerfield has signed with Adelaide
Jars - Clarkson will coach Adelaide

The "mail" "Ditts" is going with was mentioned on Monday night on two footy shows. They're almost as slow with updating their "news" as they are their music.

throw enough darts at the board and you'll eventually hit the bulls eye...
MW
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:58 am

morell wrote:Just so the thread doesn't get continually derailed, here are morell's top 10 style tips for the unassuming gentleman (21+) attending the football

1. Under no circumstances should you wear game day apparel (guernsey, shorts) unless you're a player in said team. Grand Finals excepted.
2. Gimick items normally purchased at the Royal Adelaide show (jester hats, wizard hats, mohawks et al) are never permissible.
3. Caps are totally fine on sunny days, provided they are worn frontwards to protect from the sun. Never backwards! Ever!
4. Merchandise should either be new and relevant to the season or vintage. Please stop wearing that faded polo from 2011.
5. Scarves/Beanies are great, in fact encouraged. Smothering them in player badges or other shit, is not. Sauce and mustard stains understandable.
7. Weather appropriate clothes please. No one cares about your beach biceps. You look like a twat freezing in the cold with your sleeveless vest.
8. Sunglasses obviously an essential item, but try and find a pair that don't look like they're from the Caltex on O'Connell street.
9. Its a rule in life, but never, ever wear sneakers with jeans. Ever. No excuses, I don't care if they're super expensive retro Nikes. Grow up.
10. Football should be neat casual. Enough with the nightclub attire because you think there might be someone drunk and cute on the hill.

I have a retro beanie with a pom pom on it, is that acceptable to wear in public?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby FlyingHigh » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 pm

MW wrote:
morell wrote:

Not when you hear who Ditts thinks should replace him...Josh Francou!!!

Can Francou replace Ditts?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:05 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
morell wrote:Just so the thread doesn't get continually derailed, here are morell's top 10 style tips for the unassuming gentleman (21+) attending the football

2. Gimick items normally purchased at the Royal Adelaide show (jester hats, wizard hats, mohawks et al) are never permissible.

I have a retro beanie with a pom pom on it, is that acceptable to wear in public?

My Grinspoon beanie has one too.

*Waits anxiously*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby morell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

My Grinspoon beanie has one too.

*Waits anxiously*
Yes and yes.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL