23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby Wilbur » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:15 pm

Will be interesting to see if Ingle Farm can consolidate next year, from memory (which isn't great), they've often not lasted too long in D5 in decent times.

On a different topic, DeesBees are pretty fortunate to have the likes of Olson, Russo, Paton running around for them at the business end. All clearly a class above D5R.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Wilbur wrote:Will be interesting to see if Ingle Farm can consolidate next year, from memory (which isn't great), they've often not lasted too long in D5 in decent times.

Ingle Farm have only spent a couple seasons in D5 in the past decade.

2008 - relegated from D4, only won 5 games, finished 8th, a game clear of Kenilworth.
2009 - didn't win a game, finished bottom and were absolutely pumped week in, week out.

Was a very bleak period for the club, then spent a period at the bottom of D6, only circumstance and dumb luck stopped from dropping to D7, where we eventually ended up in 2013.

Worth noting though, that from 2008-2012 there wasn't much depth at the club, the former A graders had either moved on or retired and the club was being held up in the A grade by the crop of junior footballers, all under 18 years old.

Difficult period with coaches as well, struggled to find the right fit and went through a number of coaches over that time before Wayne Knowles because the first genuine coach to help provide some stability, and then of course Paul Manuel who has carried that on.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby old farmer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Wilbur wrote:Will be interesting to see if Ingle Farm can consolidate next year, from memory (which isn't great), they've often not lasted too long in D5 in decent times.

On a different topic, DeesBees are pretty fortunate to have the likes of Olson, Russo, Paton running around for them at the business end. All clearly a class above D5R.

Yes we didn't go past div 4 and didn't stay up too long, which was a shame for some people that did a lot of hard work those years to get up, then new management let it slip. However, i can promise you we are not up here to make up numbers. We have good coaching staff and a young talented side. Add a committee that bleed Green and White and want to see this club succeed and i think we are finally on the right track. And don't think we don't understand the hard work it takes to get up the grades, we do and will leave nothing to chance on our quest. I took over when this club bottomed out in Division 7 and i will never let it go there again.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:00 pm

old farmer wrote:

Yes we didn't go past div 4 and didn't stay up too long, which was a shame for some people that did a lot of hard work those years to get up, then new management let it slip. However, i can promise you we are not up here to make up numbers. We have good coaching staff and a young talented side. Add a committee that bleed Green and White and want to see this club succeed and i think we are finally on the right track. And don't think we don't understand the hard work it takes to get up the grades, we do and will leave nothing to chance on our quest. I took over when this club bottomed out in Division 7 and i will never let it go there again.

Congratulations Old Farmer. You, along with the rest of the committee, the coaching staff and the players have done a fantastic job. I hope you can finish it off with a premiership. Good luck for Saturday.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:06 pm

old farmer wrote:

Congratulations Great Man you have done a fantastic job and no one could ever doubt your love for the club. Massive rewards ahead for all involved and great to see the club in such a great position.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Nixon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:10 pm

A grade scores?
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Q. » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Nixon wrote:A grade scores?
Glenunga won
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Bluedemon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 am

Q. wrote:
Glenunga won

Money well spent
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:01 am

Bluedemon wrote:
Q. wrote:
Glenunga won

Money well spent

Don't be jelly
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:41 am

On Behalf of Pooraka Football Club just like to thank Kenilworth Football club for putting on a great day. BBQ was pumping and tasted great the Coffee guy they hired heard was top notch but sadly must have sold out by the time A grade started.

A grade congrats to Glenunga top side all year Pooraka worked hard and going into half time 3 goals down thought we could run over the top. Glenunga came out and kicked first 3 and at the start of the final term we were 6 goals down bit of a blow out towards the end but while not winning will hurt the players going into Div 4 is a nice reward for the hard work also.

B grade Lockleys congrats on making the G.F to come from 4th and beat Blacks and CBC who during the season were both top 3 sides is something to work on. Pooraka B grade work rate was top notch worked hard as a team and the hard work we done preseason paid all 3 games against Lockleys have been top notch the score line does not reflect how intense our games actually are...
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:44 am

Fair effort from Lockleys B grade in recent times - 4x Grand Finals out of the past 5 years!

#DeesBees
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:On Behalf of Pooraka Football Club just like to thank Kenilworth Football club for putting on a great day. BBQ was pumping and tasted great the Coffee guy they hired heard was top notch but sadly must have sold out by the time A grade started.

A grade congrats to Glenunga top side all year Pooraka worked hard and going into half time 3 goals down thought we could run over the top. Glenunga came out and kicked first 3 and at the start of the final term we were 6 goals down bit of a blow out towards the end but while not winning will hurt the players going into Div 4 is a nice reward for the hard work also.

B grade Lockleys congrats on making the G.F to come from 4th and beat Blacks and CBC who during the season were both top 3 sides is something to work on. Pooraka B grade work rate was top notch worked hard as a team and the hard work we done preseason paid all 3 games against Lockleys have been top notch the score line does not reflect how intense our games actually are...

Too bad there's not a Norm Smith in the B Grade
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby zedman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:On Behalf of Pooraka Football Club just like to thank Kenilworth Football club for putting on a great day. BBQ was pumping and tasted great the Coffee guy they hired heard was top notch but sadly must have sold out by the time A grade started.

robb stark played well!

bulls reserves were very, very good and kudos to them..won the flag in div 4r 2016 so the form said they would be a tough nut to crack..similar to pulteneys 2016 res team in that they were very classy but they do play different styles of game..lfc just couldnt get a clear winner up forward and the bulls defence ran the ball with good hands back into their attack countless times..inside 50s were 40/37 lfc way..

A grade game went to script i would suggest..just to many options with height in attack for the rams..pooraka were brave throughout the whole finals series and didnt deserve a 71 point loss..but thats footy..glenunga ended up being to good for the division..they are destined to keep rising in the ranks you would think and they will be a very strong team in div 4..congratulations to brian, pitto and their players..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby beef » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:08 pm

zedman wrote:

robb stark played well!

bulls reserves were very, very good and kudos to them..won the flag in div 4r 2016 so the form said they would be a tough nut to crack..similar to pulteneys 2016 res team in that they were very classy but they do play different styles of game..lfc just couldnt get a clear winner up forward and the bulls defence ran the ball with good hands back into their attack countless times..inside 50s were 40/37 lfc way..

A grade game went to script i would suggest..just to many options with height in attack for the rams..pooraka were brave throughout the whole finals series and didnt deserve a 71 point loss..but thats footy..glenunga ended up being to good for the division..they are destined to keep rising in the ranks you would think and they will be a very strong team in div 4..congratulations to brian, pitto and their players..

Lost the GF to salisbury in possibly the worst game of football i've ever seen. THink it was 2 goals each in very good conditions just a bit windy
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:12 pm

beef wrote:Lost the GF to salisbury in possibly the worst game of football i've ever seen. THink it was 2 goals each in very good conditions just a bit windy

Yes, that was a bizarre game, horrible to watch.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby zedman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:43 pm

beef wrote:
zedman wrote:
robb stark played well!

Lost the GF to salisbury in possibly the worst game of football i've ever seen. THink it was 2 goals each in very good conditions just a bit windy

thanks beef..my bad!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:12 pm

thanks Zed everything lined up on the day for me i felt a million dollars gave that bump near your interchange the heckles came out..but the highlight for me was having that shot after the 3 quarter time siren had sounded the car horns the noise was great Lockleys fans very vocal
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:thanks Zed everything lined up on the day for me i felt a million dollars gave that bump near your interchange the heckles came out..but the highlight for me was having that shot after the 3 quarter time siren had sounded the car horns the noise was great Lockleys fans very vocal

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Postby thegrowler » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 am

absolutebath wrote:I actually read back over this topic and the winner of the Kaiser Solze award goes to Pooraka.
Retained their team and nearly made finals in Div 4, 12 new players and not a single whisper in 8 pages.
Seems like a few posters may have been gagged.
It might be all about Bulls and Rams on GF day in about 9 months time

#Absolutebathybangbang

Whatever happened to this guy. Clearly knew his stuff.

#Absoluteprophet
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:59 am

Div 5 Team of the Year i think Poorly thought out some of the players do not even play them spots and some of them players were over rated this season and did not stand out season to warrant call up into team of year

i can see 5 names that get a gig based on name only and no offense to duggan but not Captain of div 5 team
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League