No
26%
Not Voting
14%

Total votes : 57

What is your vote

Postby whufc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:16 pm

What a waste of money this vote is imho

I would be happier with the government passing the right for gay marriage than spending millions on a postal vote
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: What is your vote

Postby carey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:34 pm

I've never ever not cared about something any less than this.

How does a bloke marrying another bloke effect me? It simply doesn't. Not something I'm interested in, or in fact want to see but each to thier own.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:45 pm

100% agree Carey
whufc
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:45 pm

My vote is yes.

Hopefully the nation doesnt allow democratic right to impede on basic human right.

The fact it has got to postal vote is embarrassing enough.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Moe » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:59 pm

I voted Yes.

I dont really care either way, but it simply doesnt affect me, so why would I bother voting no.

It does however affect the industry I work in, and the wedding ceremony boom it will bring should pump a few mill into the economy.

Glad I'm not a wedding planner though. Imagine sitting down with 2 men/women and getting them to agree on what they want.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 pm

carey wrote:I've never ever not cared about something any less than this.

How does a bloke marrying another bloke effect me? It simply doesn't. Not something I'm interested in, or in fact want to see but each to thier own.

Yep I wont be wasting the ink nor the saliva to seal the envelope nor the inconvienient drive to a post office. The Yes and No people have been nothing short of a disgrace the whole campaign.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dog_ger2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:55 am

It's Bullshit.

Go You Dogs in 2018.
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Psyber » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:15 pm

I'm supporting our gay acquaintances and friends with a YES vote, although it has no direct effect on me.
I've always had some gay friends and acquaintances, but many more since I met my new lady who is heavily involved in the theatre and TV scene.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Like many of you guys, same-sex marriage doesn't affect me personally.

However, what right do I have to want to deny someone this basic human right? I believe we're all equal, regardless of gender, sexual orientation or otherwise. This is part of the reason I don't acknowledge royalty.

It shouldn't have got to the stage where we're paying approximately $122 million for it though.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Failed Creation wrote:However, what right do I have to want to deny someone this basic human right? I believe we're all equal, regardless of gender, sexual orientation or otherwise. This is part of the reason I don't acknowledge royalty.

So you'll be voting no, since you don't like queens?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Magellan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Dog_ger2 wrote:Go You Dogs in 2018.

Don't vote for marrying dogs or else Cory Bernardi will be on your tail.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:00 pm

While a ridiculously small sample it's interesting to note 4 no votes yet every comment in here is either voting yes or not voting

It seems to be a growing trend in political polls etc where the unpopular, non politically correct vote are feeling they can't express why they are voting that way so are doing so in a secretative manner
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:22 pm

whufc wrote:While a ridiculously small sample it's interesting to note 4 no votes yet every comment in here is either voting yes or not voting

It seems to be a growing trend in political polls etc where the unpopular, non politically correct vote are feeling they can't express why they are voting that way so are doing so in a secretative manner

Or they're just piss weak, clueless, bigoted and have no logical explanation for why they're voting as they are.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:While a ridiculously small sample it's interesting to note 4 no votes yet every comment in here is either voting yes or not voting

Or they're just piss weak, clueless, bigoted and have no logical explanation for why they're voting as they are.

It could be that!!!

We saw in the Trump election and Brexit that the media polls etc were completely wrong and votes went opposite to what they predicted
whufc
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:37 pm

I always remember back as a kid my mother was friends with a gay guy and I remember us going over his house once and he was a lovely fella a real kind hearted do anything for anyone type of person so I'd like to think he could now have the opportunity to get married if he wants to like the rest of us.

Lock in yes thanks Eddie.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:58 pm

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

It could be that!!!

We saw in the Trump election and Brexit that the media polls etc were completely wrong and votes went opposite to what they predicted

I know, unfortunately the lower end of the gene pool can vote and are encouraged to breed with the way western welfare is set up in a lot of countries.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

It could be that!!!

I know, unfortunately the lower end of the gene pool can vote and are encouraged to breed with the way western welfare is set up in a lot of countries.

Not a truer word spoken
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am

Blows my mind that this is even happening.. all the issues in this country, all the topics of discussion people debate/talk about and it's same sex marriage that gets millions spent on it and taken to a vote.

I'd rather vote on something like:
Should Australia become a Republic?
Should Australia Day be celebrated on a different date?
Is T20 cricket ruining cricket?

Same Sex Marriage? Please.. who cares.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Pag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 am

Yes vote here. Plenty of gay friends and a gay family member who deserve the right to marry their partner like anyone else. If the catholic church doesn't want to marry them then that's their choice, but for the government not to recognise it is just plain wrong.

The extra weddings would also pump a decent amount of money back into the Aussie economy, an average wedding costs $50k. Might not make up the $122 million straight away but I'd rather that money being spent on weddings and keeping people in/creating jobs, than not.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Not voting.
If I had to vote, I would vote yes, and I hope the yes people win, as I cannot see that they are hurting anybody.
Having said that, I am ashamed of the victimisation the "No" voters have to endure. This think like me or not think at all mentality is bullshit. If the No voters are being abusive or whatever, then you would be just as bad to follow their lead. What I am seeing however, is people being abused just for having that opinion. Follow that road and you end up with a dumb society, unable to debate, where the most abusive/violent parties hold sway.
Like others, not sure why this has gone to a postal vote.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion