No
26%
Not Voting
14%

Total votes : 57

Re: What is your vote

Postby tipper » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:36 pm

cracka wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:A Grown man sending death threats to a 14 year old girl because she supported a yes vote... Considering she can't even vote, makes the bloke even more stupid.

Hadn't heard of that one

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-ma ... 3ddab8f82a
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:44 pm

tipper wrote:
cracka wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:A Grown man sending death threats to a 14 year old girl because she supported a yes vote... Considering she can't even vote, makes the bloke even more stupid.

Hadn't heard of that one

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-ma ... 3ddab8f82a

Seems legit
Look forward to the police repsonse
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby cracka » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:49 pm

tipper wrote:
cracka wrote:Threats of death or having businesses burnt down is not real bullying. :roll:

serious question, as i must have missed it, but who has had a business burned down?

edit, google must be failing me as i cant find any info on something like that happening

further edit: found 1 story, but it was just threats of burning down the business, and killing the owners dog.
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/493 ... -marriage/
oh, and the business owner was supporting the Yes side, so i guess that doesnt go along with the narrative of the yes side being the bullies?

The 3 ladies in the no campaign ad have all received them. One of them is a doctor and had threats to burn her practice down. Are there seriously no reports about them
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby tipper » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:31 pm

None came up when i googled, i know that lot from the first ad were threatened though. But your post suggested that something had actually been torched, but it was all talk? No different to the one i did find then, just from the other side.

Both sides are as bad as each other then.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby cracka » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 pm

tipper wrote:None came up when i googled, i know that lot from the first ad were threatened though. But your post suggested that something had actually been torched, but it was all talk? No different to the one i did find then, just from the other side.

Both sides are as bad as each other then.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

No I meant threats of death or threats of burning down businesses.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Gay student heckled after declaring his support for ‘No’ campaign

I'm more confused than the bloke in the article was at one point with his sexuality.... :oops: :?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:54 am

Didn't write it, but liked it.

It's always really interesting to read the comments of the people who say "I was going to vote YES but I'm now going to vote NO because during the past months someone has called me a name I don't like and upset me and hassled me for being who I really am and tried to silence me and told me that I don't count!"

Obviously they are far, far less resilient and brave than people who have been dealing with that very same treatment for years, decades, often lifetimes.
The very same people whose equality they are actively voting against.
All because they have felt uncomfortable and challenged for a few short months.

#VoteYES
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Abbott's daughter comes out in support of same sex marriage.

also, im sure everyone knows about the betoota advocate already, but this is hilarious

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncatego ... -marriage/

Tony Abbott Shocked That His Sister And Her Housemate Support Gay Marriage
"Just pretend to be housemates for a little bit longer" says Turnbull.

Former Prime Minister Tony Abbott has today stated that any men who feel the need to lay with mankind the way they lay with womankind, should stop being so politically correct.

“The same goes for the women who have somehow found a way to have sex with other women” he says.

The conservative Catholic has kicked off his campaign for a ‘no’ vote in a postal plebiscite, urging Australians to reject same-sex marriage if they want to protect religious freedom and reject political correctness.

“It’s just so typical of the politically correct social commentators out there to treat gay people like adults”

“I’m actually shocked by some of the people out there supporting the preposterous idea. With Cardinal Pell visiting and everything”

“Like my attention-seeking sister and her housemate, Virginia”

The $122m dollar decision to leave lobby groups to win over the opinions of disinterested voters has come to the delight of conservative MPs from both sides of government, this decision casts the issue of marriage equality in to the to-do pile, where it joins climate change, Indigenous incarceration and mandatory detention for asylum seekers – all issues that Baby Boomers have no intention of addressing in their life time.
Speaking to the media this morning, Australian Prime Minister and relatively progressive Baby Boomer, Malcolm Turnbull has told the LGBTI community of Australia that he is disappointed in the result.

“I represent the Wentworth Electorate for ****’s sake,” he said.

“Elizabeth Bay, Bondi Beach, Kings Cross… It is not lost on me that my biggest supporters are gay,”

“Unfortunately, however, I have inherited a Government of racist creationists. The plebiscite was deadset the only way I was going to get this thing through without some sort of Fiji-style coupé,”

“I apologise profusely for the behaviour of the Baby Boomer’s who run this country alongside me. To my gay friends, I would ask that you patiently wait a few more years until we all have dementia or die,”

“Just pretend to be housemates for a little bit longer,”

However, as pointed out by The Betoota Advocate during the hung Federal Parliament earlier this year, the scourge of the Baby Boomer doesn’t look to end any time soon.

Dr. Braiden Youngen, an anthropologist and historian from the CSIRO, says the reason baby boomers are still in charge of the world is because they have instilled a false sense of importance into themselves.

“Many of them believe that they worked very hard for everything good in this world,” says Dr Youngen

“They are forgetting that the generation above them lived through a great depression and fought in two world wars,”

“They also forget that they are solely responsible for the global financial crisis in 2008, and the fact that it was through the help of Generation X and Y that both capitalism and civil order was able to remain relatively intact – until they tightened the reigns with Brexit and Donald Trump,”

“The most influential person on Earth, Mark Zuckerberg, is an entire generation younger than them… and most of them don’t know who he is or what he does,”

Local gay, Tim Moran, says it took ten years for his dad to recognise that his partner was more than a housemate, and really wishes the Government could help the LGBTI community with this issue.

“I’m not a ******* cowboy. I’m not referring to anyone as partner. Let me call him my husband and be done with it,”

“I think they honestly want us to keep pretending we aren’t gay and live in loveless marriages, like politicians do.”
Last edited by bennymacca on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:28 pm

also this one :D

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/headline ... -post-box/

Former Prime Minister and current face of the Australian ‘No Campaign’ Tony Abbott has been photographed today spraying a hose into a post box out front of his daughter’s house in suburban Melbourne.

It is believed the staunch Catholic member for Waringah was attempted to damage and destroy his daughter’s survey response for the Australian same-sex marriage postal plebiscite.

This comes after Abbott’s daughter, Frances Abbott, took to social media several days ago to announce her support for same-sex marriage.

It is believed her position on the issue is possibly influenced by her loving aunt Christine Foster, who is in a public lesbian relationship with her partner Virginia, despite Tony Abbott still under the impression that they are housemates.

Ms Abbott, one of three daughters of former Prime Minister and avowed ‘No’ campaigner Tony Abbott and his wife Margie, used her Instagram page to make the announcement on Friday when she appeared in a white t-shirt with the words ‘vote yes’ written on the front.

“I don’t really care much for politics,” Ms Abbott wrote.

“But I do really care a lot for love. All love is good. Let’s celebrate it.”

The post was then followed with the hashtags #voteyes #yesyesyes #postalvote #getaroundit #marriageequality.

When asked if he realised that tampering with mail is a federal offence, as is altering the results of a government survey, Mr Abbott was quick to point out that he was only trying to retrieve a vote placed by a women under his supervision.

“It’s only because my daughter seems misinformed on the issue that I’ve attempted to cancel her vote” he says.

“I understand it is legal for women to play a part in the democratic process, but there should always be a man in their life that has the final say”

It is believed that Margie Abbott will be voting which ever way Tony tells her to, unless she can get a few moments to herself while he’s out cycling with his friends from the Sydney University Old Boys Association.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am

Our votes went into the post this morning.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:02 am

I gave my slip to my 16 year old daughter to tick. Whilst I was going to vote the same way, it made her day to have a say in something she feels strongly about.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby MW » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:05 am

Finally got mine in the mail last night.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 am

Booney wrote:I gave my slip to my 16 year old daughter to tick. Whilst I was going to vote the same way, it made her day to have a say in something she feels strongly about.

So you're a none-voter then?

Why didn't you vote?

Don't you care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 am

HH3 wrote:
Booney wrote:I gave my slip to my 16 year old daughter to tick. Whilst I was going to vote the same way, it made her day to have a say in something she feels strongly about.

So you're a none-voter then?
Why didn't you vote?
Don't you care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:27 am

HH3 wrote:Our votes went into the post this morning.

still havent recieved mine yet
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:29 am

bennymacca wrote:

I don't think I'll get one, at a guess I'm still registered at my previous address.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:49 am

bennymacca wrote:

I dont think you get one if you're on an ASIO watch list
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 am

bennymacca wrote:

Same
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby JK » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:29 am

We got ours yesterday, the missus had just about been keeping a letterbox vigil.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:45 am

A chick at work bought her husbands off him for a HJ, she said he was probably overdue anyway.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion