2017 SANFL Grand Final

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Postby LMA » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:Reckon we'll go into the game a bit beaten up after yesterday's game, will take a huge effort to get over the franchise.
Here's some interesting numbers.

Port Semi final team-
Av age 23.04 years
419 AFL games
16 players from an AFL list

Sturt Prelim team
Av age 23.76
125 AFL games
7 players from an AFL list

Go Blues

Take out Monfries games and it's not as damning as you think.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Aerie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:49 pm

LMA wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Reckon we'll go into the game a bit beaten up after yesterday's game, will take a huge effort to get over the franchise.

Port Semi final team-
Av age 23.04 years
419 AFL games

Sturt Prelim team
Av age 23.76
125 AFL games

Go Blues

Take out Scott McMahon and it's pretty damning!
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 pm

LMA wrote:

Port Semi final team-
Av age 23.04 years
419 AFL games

Sturt Prelim team
Av age 23.76
125 AFL games

Go Blues

I had to base the teams and stats on something, both teams last games were as good as any. They're also the two games that sent both teams into the GF. Even with Monfries out there's over 100 more games of AFL talent and experience out there for Power reserves. The more interesting notion is that people often refer to the Reserves side as "just a bunch of kids playing against grown men", the numbers clearly show this to be rhetorical bull$hit.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:58 pm

LMA wrote:

Port Semi final team-
Av age 23.04 years
419 AFL games

Sturt Prelim team
Av age 23.76
125 AFL games

Go Blues

And Monfries didn't play in the 2nd Semi anyway, so add him in and that's another 211 games making Power Reserves AFL games total to 630.
Any other queries?
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 pm

It's not so much about experience, it's the climate of pro vs semi-amateur (or semi-pro).

Pro's have everything at their disposal to get ready and be prepared. Not so for the others.

This is the issue. The fktards on Facebook don't understand this as they don't have critical thinking skills.

I just ******* hope Sturt win and will be cheering them on from my couch!
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Who wins the jack oatey?
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 402 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:10 pm

another grub wrote:Who wins the jack oatey?

Reckon Battersby can give it a good nudge on the Sturt side of things.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby VALE PARK » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Eddy with 6 goals to win the Jack Oatey.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Cambridge Clarrie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:40 pm

another grub wrote:Who wins the jack oatey?

Jack Stephens - back to back!
"They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head"
Cambridge Clarrie
League - Best 21

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Got some free tickets today so might head along to this.
Not the same feeling going to a Magpies GF as it used to be but I'll get along anyway since it's free.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 pm

Got my tickets today. Stoked. 2 GF's in a row. Carn the blues!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby LMA » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:22 pm

I must admit I often get on here and stir the SANFL faithful, but I am of the feeling too that it doesn't feel the same if the Magpies win circa 2014. Make no mistake Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide regardless of moniker IMO and I love the development it has given our AFL team, but would probably prefer the old system of the Mini draft on a SANFL level. Port by 26 points

On another note when are they going to drop the N in SANFL, hardly a national comp. American like with their World Series
LMA
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:30 pm

LMA wrote:I must admit I often get on here and stir the SANFL faithful, but I am of the feeling too that it doesn't feel the same if the Magpies win circa 2014. Make no mistake Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide regardless of moniker IMO and I love the development it has given our AFL team, but would probably prefer the old system of the Mini draft on a SANFL level. Port by 26 points

On another note when are they going to drop the N in SANFL, hardly a national comp. American like with their World Series

The National in SANFL refers to the game "National Football", it doesnt represent nor has it ever a national comp.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby LMA » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:
LMA wrote:I must admit I often get on here and stir the SANFL faithful, but I am of the feeling too that it doesn't feel the same if the Magpies win circa 2014. Make no mistake Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide regardless of moniker IMO and I love the development it has given our AFL team, but would probably prefer the old system of the Mini draft on a SANFL level. Port by 26 points

The National in SANFL refers to the game "National Football", it doesnt represent nor has it ever a national comp.

Roger that
LMA
Coach

Postby Jimmy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Wedgie wrote:

I'm amazed that isn't more widely known but then again not sure the age of those asking.

Also, the World Series was named for a newspaper sponsorship called the world. Nothing to do with being the best in the whole wide world.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:08 am

Jimmy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I'm amazed that isn't more widely known but then again not sure the age of those asking.

Also, the World Series was named for a newspaper sponsorship called the world. Nothing to do with being the best in the whole wide world.

It'll be the SAFL or the SAAFL soon enough
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby RB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:59 am

You mean AFLSA?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:20 am

No, it won't feel the same and there's few people on here that will understand what feelings you and I, and a couple of others, will have.

Regardless, a team wearing prison bars in the SANFL Grand final means I'm there and I'm wanting them to win. I couldn't have it any other way.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby StrayDog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 am

Jimmy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Correct with the second part but (off topic and FWIW) I think you'll find the naming related to inter-league affairs at the time and nought to do with any newspaper sponsorship.

Footy is certainly on no island when it comes to myths.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 pm

A genuine Magpies side in the SANFL made for a better comp no doubt at all, unfortunately this pigcrap being paraded as a Magpies outfit just takes the piss and mocks the comp. Magpower by 32, Sturt to pay the price for selling out.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL