Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:55 pm

Finally getting our house back to ourselves since the end of April when the girlfriends son, daughter in law and grand daughter came to stay when they immigrated here!
So good getting to use all the house and not just my bedroom, walk in and ensuite!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:28 am

Wedgie wrote:Finally getting our house back to ourselves since the end of April when the girlfriends son, daughter in law and grand daughter came to stay when they immigrated here!
So good getting to use all the house and not just my bedroom, walk in and ensuite!

I know how you feel; my in-laws visited for a month in April.

They're great people, don't get me wrong, but if you know me well, you'll know that I'm a fairly solitary bloke. I tend to do a lot of things on my own, or with my wife, and I really enjoy my own company. The in-laws were a bit puzzled that I'd occasionally go run errands by myself for a few hours, or go to bed early.

It got to the stage that they thought I didn't enjoy their company, or that I didn't like them. That wasn't the case; it's just that being in prolonged social situations wears me out.

Like you, I was glad to have the house back to ourselves when they left.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:15 am

Failed Creation wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Finally getting our house back to ourselves since the end of April when the girlfriends son, daughter in law and grand daughter came to stay when they immigrated here!

They're great people, don't get me wrong, but if you know me well, you'll know that I'm a fairly solitary bloke. I tend to do a lot of things on my own, or with my wife, and I really enjoy my own company. The in-laws were a bit puzzled that I'd occasionally go run errands by myself for a few hours, or go to bed early.

It got to the stage that they thought I didn't enjoy their company, or that I didn't like them. That wasn't the case; it's just that being in prolonged social situations wears me out.

I can relate to that, despite being very outgoing and somewhat loud I am a bit of a loner, my missus doesn't really understand because of my general persona.
I like having visitors but I also like it when they leave, we don't go out much but like it like that, infact she is the only person I've ever been able to just hang out with for a full day.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

I can relate to that, despite being very outgoing and somewhat loud I am a bit of a loner, my missus doesn't really understand because of my general persona.
I like having visitors but I also like it when they leave, we don't go out much but like it like that, infact she is the only person I've ever been able to just hang out with for a full day.

I can definitely relate to that! I've been fairly introverted since I was a teenager, and I'm lucky that my wife is too.

For work, I have to present myself as outgoing, so it's helped me to keep up appearances I guess.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
I can definitely relate to that! I've been fairly introverted since I was a teenager, and I'm lucky that my wife is too.

For work, I have to present myself as outgoing, so it's helped me to keep up appearances I guess.

I've change form a highly opinionated, argumentative, outspoken person at work to someone who can go a day without uttering a word to anyone.

The managers love it and I feel way better for it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Because I only work about 10 weeks a year, when at work I'm affable, outgoing, approachable, and friendly.
My co-workers love it and usually comment on it.

It's not hard, and I think I could do it most of the time if working full time, but I wouldn't guarantee it.
There is always someone a bit irritating, but I do enjoy seeing how being nice to them confuses them no end....
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Psyber wrote:Because I only work about 10 weeks a year

Big noter. :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Pfft, 10 weeks a year, sounds exhausting!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Psyber wrote:Because I only work about 10 weeks a year, when at work I'm affable, outgoing, approachable, and friendly.
My co-workers love it and usually comment on it.

It's not hard, and I think I could do it most of the time if working full time, but I wouldn't guarantee it.
There is always someone a bit irritating, but I do enjoy seeing how being nice to them confuses them no end....

Mate, I have the most stressful job here in a fast paced environment, my main line is "You can't fit 3 litres of milk in a 2 litre container", something that most here don't understand.

I've gotta be stern and I've gotta be fair, these guys promise stuff that I know physically we can't deliver and then they expect miracles without anything missing out.

I've learned to curb the way I handle matters, outside influences have obviously played a part, a strong minded manager who can tell me off but also give me good direction and goals plays a massive part too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Probably still earns more than me per annum.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Actually, I got talked into 11 weeks this year - based in WA - Northam and Merredin.
Pleasant people, ordinary but adequate pub food, and got to go ballooning , saw the Avon Descent, and visited New Norcia.
Return flights paid, free accommodation, car provided, and pay almost good enough. ;)
Psyber
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Psyber wrote:Actually, I got talked into 11 weeks this year - based in WA - Northam and Merredin.
Pleasant people, ordinary but adequate pub food, and got to go ballooning , saw the Avon Descent, and visited New Norcia.
Return flights paid, free accommodation, car provided, and pay almost good enough. ;)

Are you a figment of my imagination? Or are you morell's alter ego?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:You can't fit 3 litres of milk in a 2 litre container"

I get the old "They've been promised they'll have it tomorrow" as they're checking an ETA with me.

So before I've even found out when we will have something, the reps have promised a next day delivery, and then it's my fault when there's a week or two lead time.

That's why I've aged about 20 years in 2, and 50% of my conversations here are arguments. I'm a 29 year old grumpy old man.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Psyber » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Psyber wrote:Actually, I got talked into 11 weeks this year - based in WA - Northam and Merredin.

Crow/Norwood supporters and Portites never really blend, you just have too be kind to the disadvantaged or deluded who can be convinced Aqua is Teal. ;)
Psyber
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:56 pm

HH3 wrote:

I get the old "They've been promised they'll have it tomorrow" as they're checking an ETA with me.

So before I've even found out when we will have something, the reps have promised a next day delivery, and then it's my fault when there's a week or two lead time.

That's why I've aged about 20 years in 2, and 50% of my conversations here are arguments. I'm a 29 year old grumpy old man.

That used to be me, now I just tell them what they wanna hear, as long it's only verbal.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

That used to be me, now I just tell them what they wanna hear, as long it's only verbal.

I tell them the truth.

They tried to bully me into calling customers to explain why stuffs not coming in when promised, when in fact the only one that made false promises were our reps.

I like to use "You're a sales rep. The rep part stands for representative. You represent our company to the customer. Do your job."
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

So this is the Psyber everyone keeps saying is my Dad.

Wassup Psyber. You seem like a top bloke.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby MW » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:16 pm

HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

I tell them the truth.

They tried to bully me into calling customers to explain why stuffs not coming in when promised, when in fact the only one that made false promises were our reps.

I like to use "You're a sales rep. The rep part stands for representative. You represent our company to the customer. Do your job."

Yeah they forget that and are usually too stupid to get past the "sales" part in their job title.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:17 pm

MW wrote:Yeah they forget that and are usually too stupid to get past the "sales" part in their job title.

I don't think they know they're supposed to make the company money to be honest.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:36 pm

The three weeks at work after resigning. Bliss.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion