Other premiers were Maccy in SC and Bridgewater in B's
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby RAMS » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:54 am

What a wonderful day for the RAMS winning 3 out of a possible 5 premierships, congratulations to all teams & winners. Our A's started superbly with everyone contributing, a true team performance. Ladhams & Davey were the stand outs for mine but their were plenty of others that played really well all day. All the best for Magoo who ended up in hospital after the game.
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby 19thman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:02 am

RAMS wrote:What a wonderful day for the RAMS winning 3 out of a possible 5 premierships, congratulations to all teams & winners. Our A's started superbly with everyone contributing, a true team performance. Ladhams & Davey were the stand outs for mine but their were plenty of others that played really well all day. All the best for Magoo who ended up in hospital after the game.

What happened to him?
19thman

Postby RAMS » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:12 am

19thman wrote:
RAMS wrote:What a wonderful day for the RAMS winning 3 out of a possible 5 premierships, congratulations to all teams & winners. Our A's started superbly with everyone contributing, a true team performance. Ladhams & Davey were the stand outs for mine but their were plenty of others that played really well all day. All the best for Magoo who ended up in hospital after the game.

What happened to him?

Collapsed in the changerooms after the presentations. Was taken to Mount Barker but then transferred to Adelaide for further tests, not sure of the outcome
RAMS

Postby BurntToast » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:47 am

Congrats to Nairne, wasn't at the game but it certainly looks like a dominating performance on paper. Too soon to make a call on whether a move up too Div 1 may be on the cards? 5 teams in the big dance and 3 of them winning is impressive.
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby RAMS » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:55 pm

RAMS wrote:
19thman wrote:

What happened to him?

Update: Ryan has a slight crack in his sternum, along with bruising to his spleen & lower intestine.
RAMS

Postby 19thman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:38 pm

RAMS wrote:
RAMS wrote:
19thman wrote:

What happened to him?

Update: Ryan has a slight crack in his sternum, along with bruising to his spleen & lower intestine.

Man poor guy. No doubt did it during the game and kept playing. Having played with him a Birdwood he's one of the best on girls guys you could play with. Hope he's ok
19thman

Postby WingerFC » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:30 am

Update: Ryan has a slight crack in his sternum, along with bruising to his spleen & lower intestine.[/quote]
Man poor guy. No doubt did it during the game and kept playing. Having played with him a Birdwood he's one of the best on girls guys you could play with. Hope he's ok[/quote]

HAHAHA!! Im sure you didn't mean to type this.. but your not 2 far wrong :lol:
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby 19thman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 am

WingerFC wrote:Update: Ryan has a slight crack in his sternum, along with bruising to his spleen & lower intestine.

Man poor guy. No doubt did it during the game and kept playing. Having played with him a Birdwood he's one of the best on girls guys you could play with. Hope he's ok[/quote]

HAHAHA!! Im sure you didn't mean to type this.. but your not 2 far wrong :lol:[/quote]

HA oops... though i could tell you a story or two
19thman

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Congratulations to Nairne. By the far the best team all year and they were outstanding on saturday. Game was over halfway through the first quarter. I was certianly wrong about pace as nairne proved to be a lot quicker then us.

Hope Mcgoo is alright.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby adr107 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:30 am

Torrens Valley to merge with Birdwood?

Bit left field. But Birdwood posted on facebook they are meeting to discuss it.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:40 am

adr107 wrote:Torrens Valley to merge with Birdwood?

It's an interesting conundrum - if a Div 1 club merges with a Div 2 club, then what Div do they play in ?

Apart from access to $$$ to purchase A grade recruits, I'm not sure what's in the merger for Birdwood. They have appear to have a good club structure, a nice facility, and have no problems in putting out all three junior sides on a Saturday. Do they really need to merge ?

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby 19thman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

It's an interesting conundrum - if a Div 1 club merges with a Div 2 club, then what Div do they play in ?

Apart from access to $$$ to purchase A grade recruits, I'm not sure what's in the merger for Birdwood. They have appear to have a good club structure, a nice facility, and have no problems in putting out all three junior sides on a Saturday. Do they really need to merge ?

I've said it before that i'll be surprised if it happened. Torrens Valley probably wouldn't be merging if they still had $$$.
19thman

Postby wazzal77 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:03 pm

I think there is plenty in it for Birdwood. Torrens Valley geographically is split by Birdwood, if Torrens Valley and Birdwood put their clubs together in Div 1 (Torrens Valley already a Div 1 club, not sure why they couldn't remain under a new name/entity) it would provide great opportunities for Birdwood juniors to be able to make it in the top tier (or become a real force in Div 2).

Its known that Torrens Valley have little numbers in the jnr and mini colts, but do have some underage, so to combine the both should result in a win win for both with great depth in senior ranks.

Large membership base, larger sponsorship base, ability to attract more at home games all results in larger turnover, profit and ability to invest into grounds, facilities and coaches. If Torrens Valley was allowed to die, you would find many of them lose interest in footy altogether and not play or go to a game anymore. Merging whilst they still have a following would make great sense not only to their club, but to whichever club they merge with.

I congratulate the club of seriously looking into it and hope that they are focussed on the future and the benefits that will be gained from it over the emotions of retaining identity.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:30 pm

19thman wrote:
Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

I've said it before that i'll be surprised if it happened. Torrens Valley probably wouldn't be merging if they still had $$$.

Ad in todays Courier pg 30 about merger meeting
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby jet-airport » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Who is the coach of Nairne A grade?
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby 19thman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:34 pm

wazzal77 wrote:I think there is plenty in it for Birdwood. Torrens Valley geographically is split by Birdwood, if Torrens Valley and Birdwood put their clubs together in Div 1 (Torrens Valley already a Div 1 club, not sure why they couldn't remain under a new name/entity) it would provide great opportunities for Birdwood juniors to be able to make it in the top tier (or become a real force in Div 2).

Its known that Torrens Valley have little numbers in the jnr and mini colts, but do have some underage, so to combine the both should result in a win win for both with great depth in senior ranks.

Large membership base, larger sponsorship base, ability to attract more at home games all results in larger turnover, profit and ability to invest into grounds, facilities and coaches. If Torrens Valley was allowed to die, you would find many of them lose interest in footy altogether and not play or go to a game anymore. Merging whilst they still have a following would make great sense not only to their club, but to whichever club they merge with.

I congratulate the club of seriously looking into it and hope that they are focussed on the future and the benefits that will be gained from it over the emotions of retaining identity.

How well is that sponsor base gonna go without a certain construction mogul filling their pockets?
I highly doubt it'll happen.
19thman

Postby Keefy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:03 pm

jet-airport wrote:Who is the coach of Nairne A grade?

Position is/was currently advertised.

Tony Fielke has retired from coaching
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy